View RSS Feed

Weekend Update

Fable II

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
As suggested by FG, here’s Fable II.

Rating: “M” for Mature (Among other things, language and sexual content).
Reviewed On: Xbox 360.
Spoilers: Just the basic storyline.

Synopsis:
You begin the game as a homeless child living in the streets of a town with your older sister. As you try to change your stars, you and your sister are discovered by the local lord and invited to his castle. After some kind of experiment he finds out both your sister and you are “Heroes”. Alarmed by this he kills your sister and leaves you for dead. 10 years later you’re ready to exact revenge while learning what it means to be a “Hero”.

Gameplay:
Where do I start? There are tons of side quests and places to explore. You can purchase homes and business and rent them out for profit. Work at the local stores for extra money. You can even get married and have a child. Options are pretty much endless.
First thing to notice, is your dog companion. Smart , obedient, and brave; man’s best friend indeed. He will follow wherever you go, even jump to dark pits with you. The dog will attack your enemies when down, he will guide you to treasures nearby and helps as a comic relief when interacting with townspeople.
Combat is easy and effective: press Y for your long range weapons (Crossbows, Rifles, and Pistols), press ‘X’ for your hand-to-hand weapons (Swords, clubs, etc.), and ‘B’ for your powers (Electric Bolts, Force Push, Time Control, etc.). Press once to draw your weapon, and again to use it. Easy, and to the point. ‘A’ is used to interact with people and the world.
There’s a pretty large branch of abilities and interactions you can learn, based of how good or evil you are. Everything you do changes the world around you somehow, you can laugh at people or flip them off, making people dislike you; or be nice to them (But where’s the fun on that?). An example of how your actions change the world around you, is if you accept quests but don’t complete them (like stopping a gang of bandits) the town will not only recognize your failure, but will also change accordingly (streets will be filled with gang members, shops will close early or not open at all).

Multiplayer:
You and one friend are able to join each other’s game and combine forces to beat missions. You are also able to send and receive gifts to and from other players. Joining and leaving friend’s game is really easy, (you don’t even need to leave your current game) making it easy to interact and trade items/weapons with many people on your friends list. It was useful for me because some of my real neighbors that love Fable gave me a bunch of weapons that you don’t have access to, but until the end of the game. Unfortunately this feature is only available to Xbox Live subscribers with a Gold Account. There is not split screen co-op.

Score:
I popped the game in thinking it was “T” for teen, after 10 minutes I was kind of surprised and looked at the box finding out it was “M”. You might like to keep this game away from the kiddies.
Role Playing Games (RPGs) are usually not my cup of tee, I just rented it since it was suggested. But I got to admit, it is pretty good. For compelling and immersive story and gameplay I give it a 5 out of 5. The main campaign takes around 25-30 hours to complete, but that’s by skipping all of the side missions or quests. You will probably start it a few times over to get all the range of good/evil story and extras. If you are interested in the game, be prepared to buy it. You might not be able to fully finish it by just renting it. I might end up buying it too. :p

Submit "Fable II" to Digg Submit "Fable II" to del.icio.us Submit "Fable II" to StumbleUpon Submit "Fable II" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good review... soo.... hem... Can I borrow it?
    I don't have it anymore, it was a rental.
    Booooooh!!!! :'(
    i might have to pick this up, it was an ok review, better than oxm's review at least lol
    I hope hope hope it comes out for PC soon! I've been looking forward to this game for ages.

Thanks for the review!
    Or get a 360 and we'll play together. *hint* *hint*

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL: