View RSS Feed

Be Happy

Where has Nana been?

Rate this Entry
Well, the Wedding went off without any problems. I now have a wonderful Son in-law, and I couldn't be happier! The weekend before the wedding, we had a family reunion in Nevada and had a blast! Then the weekend after the wedding it was time for our annual Relay for Life. Being the co-chair for the event, I have been very busy. We did awesome this year, bringing in more money for cancer research, more team participation, and we reached more survivors! It was awesome! Another wonderful thing about the event, they have a area set up for "Locks of Love". Beauticians come in and cut hair to be donated to children that have lost their hair due to cancer. Well, Katie decided a few months ago that she wanted to donate. She showed up with her beautiful long blond hair and had it cut off. She was the youngest person to donate, so she made the local news paper.
Just when you think your grandchildren/children couldn't make you more proud, up they step and put another notch in the crown!
I have posted pictures in my albums of the wedding and Katie's haircut, so stop on by and have a look.

Submit "Where has Nana been?" to Digg Submit "Where has Nana been?" to del.icio.us Submit "Where has Nana been?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Where has Nana been?" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wow. What an amazing gesture of humanity from someone so young She looks beautiful with both long and short hair.
    Good to see you around again.

You're the co-chair of the entire event?! Dang; that must take a lot of work, but it's for a great cause--I've been involved with RFL for 9 years now. ^_^ This year's kinda stunk; the weather caused us to leave early (Dad and I normally stay for the entire 24 hours plus some for set-up/tear down). :[ I think Locks of Love has been there on a few occasions, as well.
    wow... you've had a busy leave! And it's just great that you support such an amazing cause by giving so much of your time! I'm glad you're back!!!
    Yes Cherkat, I am very proud of her, and the fact that she mentioned it on her own makes it even better.
    Kurt - Yes it takes a lot of work, but it is for a very good cause. The weather was good to us this year, but my feet were not very happy by the time I finally got home on Sunday That's great that you are involve, I hope you continue to give you support!
    Thanks cowmoo .....it's good to be back (or not so busy)...lol

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL: