View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Valentines Day Momtaro Style

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
    A happy relationship between two people happens when two people fall in like, and then love. The relationship grows if the two people have common interests, hobbies, dreams and goals. You are maintain your individuality, but the other person makes you feel complete. The other person forgives you your faults, while bringing out the best in you. You experience turmoil together and instead of it breaking you apart, it only makes the bond ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Merry Christmas Humming-Blog part 2

Well, great news! After a lot of research and talking to my friend who runs the local wild bird hospital/shelter, I have come up with an ingenious warming station for Dodo-head. What I do not understand is since the temps here have dipped below 10 degrees farenheit,(really unusual for us) how can such a tiny bird survive through the night? According to my research, Annas hummingbirds are resident throughout the year here in the Pacific Northwest, and do manage to find themselves insects to survive ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Merry Christmas Little Hummingbird!

I never have hummingbirds in the winter. My in-laws keep a feeder going all winter long and say that they have a whole flock of them year 'round. I usually take my feeders in and store them until the first of March. When the first hummer arrives, it is a sign that spring has arrived!

This year I left out one feeder because I keep seeing one lone hummingbird sitting on it everyday. Is it lost? Is it too old to migrate?I have named it "Dodo-head."

We are having ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Rants and Raves Last day of September

The weather has been strange... one day it's freezing cold and the next, it's wonderfully warm. Too soon-- the cold will outnumber the warm and the ice cold glasses of lemonade will be replaced with steamy mugs filled with hot chocolate! Not a bad trade....

So I must Rave....and rant a little..

Rave- To the Ballard Farmers Market on sunday afternoons. I love going to see what the local small farms are growing and selling. The peaches are so huge and sweet this ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. First Rant and Rave of the Fall

You can tell when Fall has arrived here in the great Pacific Northwest when you need not only a rainjacket, but a warm sweatshirt underneath. I like to go with the layered look because the weather here can change in a moments notice, as I found out while video-taping my hubby's school football game last week. One second, drizzle, and the next, sunshine. "Be prepared" is a great motto while thinking of ones attire each morning. Now I am video-taping, why? I do not have a kid on the team.... ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast