View RSS Feed

On the back of a Wailmer

PFs own pirate (> ninjas)'s blog! Hey ho and a bottle of rum etc.

1. Destination: French Guyana

We're leaving pretty soon, have heard that this is an extremely quick trip with currents up to 2 knots helping us and 25 knots of stable wind from the back See you guys in about a week if everything goes well!
    Tags: sailing
    Categories
    Updates on the trip
  2. Update thing

Sorry for not blogging, been a mix of busy and nothing to write about... We have left Jacaré and gone to Fortaleza, where the marina is part of a hotel complex which we have access to! Big, nice swimming pool, table tennis, some TVs with an array of consoles... Good stuff We have also met an Argentinian family with teenagers aboard, so finally I have somebody roughly my own age to talk with. They are leaving for French Guyana now, and we'll follow them on Sunday. The plan is for me and Santiago ...
    Tags: brazil, sailing
    Categories
    Updates on the trip
  3. Approaching 1000th post

I was just checking my post stats a few days ago, and I was pretty surprised. I have posted 995 times, with an average of 1.02 posts a day. This was pretty surprising, as I haven't been active during all my time here... This is the only forum I've ever gotten close to such a number, so I thank y'all. Now I have to figure out how to use post #1000... I'll probably forget about it and post an answer to something in General Gripes or something though As usual, I have no idea why I posted this <.< ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Military training Dwarf Fortress style

So, recently I learned something new about Dwarf Fortress. Turns out, if you build a ton of retracting spikes in the barracks of the military, they train dodging and other skills at an amazing speed. I've utilized this now, and I've come up with an elaborate training schedule for new guys, consisting of a few stages...
    BEGINNER STAGE - Here I throw them into the room with only civilian clothes, and they keep dodging and training their armor skills. At times they hurt their toe or lose their ...

Updated 09-12-2010 at 07:52 PM by Bobreeder

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. New laptop ordered

My current laptop, an Acer Aspire 3680, is falling apart more for each day that passes. The screen isn't connected to the rest anymore, and is only kept in the old place by supporting the screen up against something. Pic:

The picture doesn't do it justice. It's worse IRL.

But as said, I'm ordering a new one now It's an ASUS N61JV with an Intel Core i3 330M (2x2.16 GHz) with 4 gig ram and dedicated ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast