View RSS Feed

Art/school stuff

This is probably where most of my entries will end up, as that's where I need to let off the most steam... Heh.

1. Starving Martial Artist

by , 06-23-2009 at 12:00 AM (*Insert Witty Title Here Plz*)
    The wedding approaches! (The Indian wedding of my best friend since I was 12 that I mentioned in an earlier blog.) Just a couple weeks before the festivities commence.

And with only those few days, suddenly I and my other 2 best friends since age 11 or 12 (we are an inseparable a group of 4) find ourselves with quite a daunting task...

See, Indian weddings are different than what most of us are used to. And at the reception, instead of just some cheesy toasts and ...
  2. Ho-hum

by , 05-28-2009 at 02:34 AM (*Insert Witty Title Here Plz*)
    So I haven't posted in a while - not that anyone's missed me, haha. Here is a warning - typically when I haven't given myself the chance to write something in a while, and then I do, it ends up being really long. So... Leave now while you still can! Hehehe.

So after my reception, a week went by where I pretty much just had to clean out my studio, clean out my apartment, and stuff like that. It was nice to have some down time.

Then graduation, which
  3. *squee!!!*

by , 05-05-2009 at 11:28 PM (*Insert Witty Title Here Plz*)
    I'm GRADUATING!!!!

I'm so excited. And relieved. And everything. Because even with the best of grades, if the art faculty doesn't think my senior show is "good enough" or whatever, I still don't graduate. But they did and I am!!!! YESSSS! And graduating with honors, in a very highly subjective major, is even awesome-er.

Oh! And get this! I sold several of my pieces at the reception!!! And there were a couple pieces in particular that several people ...
    Categories
    Art/school stuff
  4. 13 inches!

by , 04-29-2009 at 02:24 AM (*Insert Witty Title Here Plz*)
    13 inches donated to Locks of Love today. Yaaay!

This makes 4 donations to LoL? Maybe? *counts* Actually I think it might be 5... I can do it about every 1.5 to 2 years, and I've been growing it out to donate since my best friend and I went to a hair drive together in 7th grade and met some of the kids that LoL benefits and stuff.

I like my haircut, too. The beautician was very nice - I am super picky (hence me cutting my own split ends and sometimes bangs ...
  5. 5-Week Review: DONE!

by , 02-11-2009 at 07:14 PM (*Insert Witty Title Here Plz*)
    I am officially one step closer to graduation!

Such a relief for this to be over. There were compliments and criticisms, basically the summation of all what was said is what I already knew - I need to "go further" with my work. I know this and see this without anyone having to tell me it, it's just that I'm having trouble coming up with very many ideas for new work that is "further." I've got one piece that I'm almost done with (before firing that is) that everyone ...
    Categories
    Art/school stuff
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast