View RSS Feed

School

Kurt's wonderful school adventures.

1. The O, P, Q of Recent Events

Title sounds corny and nonsensical, but what can you do? (See...it's alphabetical order. Oooh. *hears "oh!" from the collective readers*)

Orchestra
    Last weekend, I participated in my town's Concerto Competition. The winner(s) each year perform their solo, with orchestra accompaniment, in the final concert of the season in May. I went in with a piece that I began playing last summer, but put away for a long time...until the week before the competition. It's the ...
    Categories
    PF Stuff , School
  2. Three things you may not have known

-How to write the number 176 in base 12
    -The unit number in 7^22
    -What Madison argued for in Federalist #10

I didn't, either. :P

This morning, I "got" to take an extremely fun and exciting test at Michigan State. It's called the Alumni Distinguished Scholarship Competition, aka "the hardest test I've ever taken" by several past test-takers. The test is only for high-achieving prospective MSU students. As my parents mentioned to me, ...
    Categories
    School
  3. Whoo!

What a good way to end the week. ^_^ Not only do I have no homework this weekend, I found out today that I was chosen as the first-chair trombonist in the Michigan All-State Honors Orchestra! That means I'll be gone for a few days in January for rehearsals and the concert (speaking of which, they broadcast the concert live online--I'll try to send out that link before I leave so you can watch if you'd like). You might remember I've been chosen the past two years as well, both times to the orchestra, ...
    Categories
    School
  4. MSU "HC Taste"

Yesterday afternoon, I went up to MSU in Lansing for a program they held called Honors College TASTE ("Truly Authentic Sampling of the Student Experience"). Basically, I stayed overnight with my host, another MSU Honors College student, and went to his classes today. I wasn't expecting it to be really exciting, but it was actually kinda fun. ^_^

Yesterday, all of the HC Taste participants (oh, yeah; get this--the third trombonist in Blue Lake International Jazz Ensemble ...
    Categories
    School
  5. ^___^

It's official--I've been admitted to Michigan State University!!!
    Categories
    School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast