Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Idea - Mono-tournament!

Pokemon Trainer Student Array wraithseer's Avatar
    Credits

It would be a long tourny. Due to people having to breed and EV train the Pokémon they plan on using. I would say letting people pick their own would be unfair. Out of a hat or Jhamin's idea would work. But DON'T publish who gets what type. Personal Message them it. To keep people guessing. This then removes the idea of bringing a team to counter. Would it be just one typed pokémon or would be it the type and an other. Basically. 1 type or 1 and other. =P

Pokemon Trainer Student Array
    Credits
    Blog Entries

sounds fun i have been wanting to enter in a mono tournament well this sounds like a good idea im in support.

Thanks Jolteon Forever for the Ghost Banner! and Trombones13 for the user bar and avatar!

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Psychic4Life's Avatar
    Credits

Really like your idea Jhamin. And now that I think of it Amos, I think we should combine both yours and Jhamin's to make a sweet tournament like this:
    There could be either 40 spots (38 if you don't want dragon to be a type) and the first 40 (or 3 8 ) people that say they want to be in can have a spot. Then we use Jhamin's idea and asaign people types baised on how experienced or good they are. People like me and rj could get a good type while Jhamin and Steve get like bug types or something. We can maybe make it 60 or 57 if we agree that Dragon type is too uber to use. PM me or reply here what you think.
    Empty sig, saving people's scrolling time one sig at a time.

Credits

I want Bug Types.

That is all.

Wit beyond measure is a man's greatest treasure.
    Aside from dashing good looks, of course.

Credits

I do like the idea. But (As a reply to what Psychic4life said would seem to have way too many people), I would say maby have 34 people enter. Give two people the same type but put them in a different group(For giving typing I strongly agree with what Jhamin said, it seems to be more fair). Then make 6 sub groups for each "team". Put 3 people in each subgroup(with typings that seem to have neutral damage on each other) and one group with only 2 typings that are both neutral or half damage to each other. Have each person battle everyone else in their group. Then The top person from each gruoup has to battle the top person of the same group from the other team. That would leave 6 people with whichever team they have picked. Then sort them out into 3 new groups where the matchups are closely to even. The people do a match battle (best 2 out of 3). Then you have your top 3, all battle each other and then you will have the results.

Also it shouldn't take long to breed a team and train it (maybe 2-3 weeks tops)
    And I would love to enter too.

Friend Code: 0733-7241-0362

<-- need 2 more wins to make it official

I battle with hacked pokemon. Array pokemonmaster_146's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic4Life View Post
    Really like your idea Jhamin. And now that I think of it Amos, I think we should combine both yours and Jhamin's to make a sweet tournament like this:
    There could be either 40 spots (38 if you don't want dragon to be a type) and the first 40 (or 3 8 ) people that say they want to be in can have a spot. Then we use Jhamin's idea and asaign people types baised on how experienced or good they are. People like me and rj could get a good type while Jhamin and Steve get like bug types or something. We can maybe make it 60 or 57 if we agree that Dragon type is too uber to use. PM me or reply here what you think.
    i agree with you amos and jhamin
    i would totally enter
    hoping to get fire type
    this is my people to beat list:
    Sorgatani
    wicked_rapture
    Jhamin
    Paiopa
    NikolaTesla
    run_bubba_run
    Whitdjinn-done 6/1/2010 great battle
    razorbeam
    Deneves
    Trombones13

Pokemon League Judge Array HMTKSteve's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Another problem can occur if the player who has Dragon ends up going against the player with Ice in their first battle. Pairings could be random but even then you run the risk of getting a real bad pairing early on.

Credits
    Blog Entries

What about another "single-type" tourney, like the Water Tourney last fall? I heard that people enjoyed that one; maybe one of a different type could be fun.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Psychic4Life's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Vasden2 View Post
    I do like the idea. But (As a reply to what Psychic4life said would seem to have way too many people), I would say maby have 34 people enter. Give two people the same type but put them in a different group(For giving typing I strongly agree with what Jhamin said, it seems to be more fair). Then make 6 sub groups for each "team". Put 3 people in each subgroup(with typings that seem to have neutral damage on each other) and one group with only 2 typings that are both neutral or half damage to each other. Have each person battle everyone else in their group. Then The top person from each gruoup has to battle the top person of the same group from the other team. That would leave 6 people with whichever team they have picked. Then sort them out into 3 new groups where the matchups are closely to even. The people do a match battle (best 2 out of 3). Then you have your top 3, all battle each other and then you will have the results.

Also it shouldn't take long to breed a team and train it (maybe 2-3 weeks tops)
    And I would love to enter too.
    Too confuzzleing. I assume it's good though
    Empty sig, saving people's scrolling time one sig at a time.

PokeFarm Blogger Array ice_tomb9's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

I think this would be fun, but I think it would be more fun to pick your own type.