Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New team up. Needs some ratings, pl0x~

Credits

Default New team up. Needs some ratings, pl0x~

Gyrados@ Life Orb/Leftovers (Item clause depending)
    Impish (+Def, -SpaK)
    Intimidate
    150 HP/108 Def/252 Atk
    -Taunt
    -Thunder wave
    -Dragon Dance
    -Waterfall

This is one of my most effective leads. If they're a fast lead, I can survive one of their hits, cripple them with Thunder Wave, and switch out. Otherwise, if predict a set-up, I can taunt them and force a switch to get a free DDance. From there, I can either switch or sweep the opponent as long as I can.

Bronzong@ Leftovers
    Sassy (+SpeD, -Spe)
    Levitate
    252 HP/28 Def/228 SpeD
    -Hypnosis
    -Stealth Rock
    -Gyro Ball
    -Explosion

My team's switch-in support. It can switch in, survive a hit, put opponents to sleep, set up Stealth Rock, explode if in late game if I can KO them. It's proven rather useful in many situations, especially with switch-in support for Gyarados and Starmie (below).

Starmie@ Choice Specs
    Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
    Natural Cure
    252 Spe/252 SpaK/4 HP
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Rapid Spin

Utility spinner/special sweeper. When I get the chance, I can switch in to spin away Spikes and/or Stealth rock. From there I swap out for Zong, have Zong set up, swap back to Starmie and commence sweeping. Specs gives its Special Attack a big enough boost that it can hit most things hard and fast.

Electivire@ Expert Belt
    Adamant (+Atk, -SpaK)
    Motor Drive
    252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
    -Thunderpunch
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Punch
    -Cross chop

Standard set is standard, but it's as effective as it is standard. Since 1/3 of my Pokemon are weak to electric, I have plenty of opportunity to swap in and get a speed boost and commence to sweep.

Metagross@ Lum Berry
    Adamant (+Atk, -SpaK)
    Clear Body
    252 Atk/88 Spe/170 HP
    -Agility
    -Meteor Mash
    -Earthquake
    -Explosion

88 Speed EVs gets Metagross to 198 total speed, which after an Agility it can outspeed all base 130. From there it sweeps with Meteor Mash and Earthquake, and explodes when it's done.

Cacturne@ Focus Sash
    Brave (+Atk, -Spe)
    Sand Veil
    252 Attack
    -Sucker Punch
    -Payback
    -Revenge
    -Seed Bomb

The wonderful thing about Cacturne is nobody expects anything out of it, since the only stat it has any decency in are Attack and Special Attack. So this is a set that takes advantage of attack and only attack. Depending on the opponent, either Revenge or Payback after they move (Brave nature+Focus Sash+Double power on both moves = massive damage.). Then when they least expect it, I'll sucker punch them for a likely 2HKO.

So that's my team, post questions, comments and concerns.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Psychic4Life's Avatar
    Credits

Looks pretty good to me, but don't take my word for it, I'm a noob.
    Last edited by Psychic4Life; 03-04-2009 at 09:05 AM. Reason: period instead of comma
    Empty sig, saving people's scrolling time one sig at a time.

I battle with hacked pokemon. Array pokemonmaster_146's Avatar
    Credits

put earthquake on gyrados
    this is my people to beat list:
    Sorgatani
    wicked_rapture
    Jhamin
    Paiopa
    NikolaTesla
    run_bubba_run
    Whitdjinn-done 6/1/2010 great battle
    razorbeam
    Deneves
    Trombones13

Credits

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonmaster_146 View Post
    put earthquake on gyrados
    In replace of what? It's 3 non-attacking moves are essential for what it does, and I want to take advantage of STAB.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array
    Credits
    Blog Entries

yea but what if their is a lapras/vaporeon lead how are you going to attack them?

Thanks Jolteon Forever for the Ghost Banner! and Trombones13 for the user bar and avatar!

Retired Meadow Gym Leader Array run_bubba_run's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Bonz109 View Post
    yea but what if their is a lapras/vaporeon lead how are you going to attack them?
    switch to bronzong and set up a stealth rock ? or starmie for a t-bolt ?
    [1:47:39 PM] [DRL]Jeff: wow u are so awesome and brutal XD

Pokemon Trainer Student Array
    Credits
    Blog Entries

which gives them a chance to set up/ get a free hit on the starmie/bronzong since t bolt is super effective against both which would be commonly used.

Thanks Jolteon Forever for the Ghost Banner! and Trombones13 for the user bar and avatar!

I battle with hacked Pokemon. Array revelp8's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bonz109 View Post
    whose gonna use lapras in this team filled with OU? and if vaporeon switches in, its usually packing HP elect, switch to electivire and KO with thunder punch. and since when does vaporeon lead? *headdesk*

I don't know about cacturne a whole lot, but if your going last with no decent def, you are probably not going to be able to hit back as they prolly one shot you. even with focus sash, your going to have problems with priority hitters.

to me, electivire don't really swell up to me as phy sweepers. you're better off with the mixed set on him by running thunderbolt.

one more thing, you got two pokemon with explode. i know its for a suicide, but that puts you at a disadvantage because your going to be down by 2.
    Last edited by revelp8; 03-05-2009 at 02:18 AM.
    the dancing butterfly just 6-0d your team

Mana Gym Leader Array Slizer107's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trog View Post

Gyrados@ Life Orb/Leftovers (Item clause depending)
    Impish (+Def, -SpaK)
    Intimidate
    150 HP/108 Def/252 Atk
    -Taunt
    -Thunder wave
    -Dragon Dance
    -Waterfall

This is one of my most effective leads. If they're a fast lead, I can survive one of their hits, cripple them with Thunder Wave, and switch out. Otherwise, if predict a set-up, I can taunt them and force a switch to get a free DDance. From there, I can either switch or sweep the opponent as long as I can.

If a poke comes in that resists water then dragon dances wont be of any use, and you will be forced to switch, other pokes can T Wave replace it with Stone Edge or Earthquake

Bronzong@ Leftovers
    Sassy (+SpeD, -Spe)
    Levitate
    252 HP/28 Def/228 SpeD
    -Hypnosis
    -Stealth Rock
    -Gyro Ball
    -Explosion

My team's switch-in support. It can switch in, survive a hit, put opponents to sleep, set up Stealth Rock, explode if in late game if I can KO them. It's proven rather useful in many situations, especially with switch-in support for Gyarados and Starmie (below).

Looks like a normal set and it can switch into almost anything.

Starmie@ Choice Specs
    Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
    Natural Cure
    252 Spe/252 SpaK/4 HP
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Rapid Spin

Utility spinner/special sweeper. When I get the chance, I can switch in to spin away Spikes and/or Stealth rock. From there I swap out for Zong, have Zong set up, swap back to Starmie and commence sweeping. Specs gives its Special Attack a big enough boost that it can hit most things hard and fast.

Once again a good set, I use to run this, then the Water Tourny came and my pour Starmie is in need of fixing. Stick with this, but if you change your mind about Rapid Spin, Recover and Phsycic are good move choices.

Electivire@ Expert Belt
    Adamant (+Atk, -SpaK)
    Motor Drive
    252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
    -Thunderpunch
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Punch
    -Cross chop

Standard set is standard, but it's as effective as it is standard. Since 1/3 of my Pokemon are weak to electric, I have plenty of opportunity to swap in and get a speed boost and commence to sweep.

Nice set covers most weaknesse.

Metagross@ Lum Berry
    Adamant (+Atk, -SpaK)
    Clear Body
    252 Atk/88 Spe/170 HP
    -Agility
    -Meteor Mash
    -Earthquake
    -Explosion

88 Speed EVs gets Metagross to 198 total speed, which after an Agility it can outspeed all base 130. From there it sweeps with Meteor Mash and Earthquake, and explodes when it's done.

Maybe to similar to Bronzong, I would chose one or the other. Maybe replace with a Fire type.

Cacturne@ Focus Sash
    Brave (+Atk, -Spe)
    Sand Veil
    252 Attack
    -Sucker Punch
    -Payback
    -Revenge
    -Seed Bomb

The wonderful thing about Cacturne is nobody expects anything out of it, since the only stat it has any decency in are Attack and Special Attack. So this is a set that takes advantage of attack and only attack. Depending on the opponent, either Revenge or Payback after they move (Brave nature+Focus Sash+Double power on both moves = massive damage.). Then when they least expect it, I'll sucker punch them for a likely 2HKO.

Not sure about these things, but it looks like a good set. Could cause alot of havock :Twisted:

So that's my team, post questions, comments and concerns.
    Hope this helps, comments are in bold!
    Use to be the site pest, the a gym leader and at times both!
    I would say I am an old member... but I joined when I was 12, so 6 years down the line I am only 18...

Pokemon Trainer Student Array wraithseer's Avatar
    Credits

Cacturne isn't great when It comes to surviveability. It depends on when you are planning on using him. A late game sweeper with sucker punch? Or an opener?

As a late game sweeper he is fine. But if you plan on opening with him. Try sub seed.

Excuse spelling and grammar. I am in a hurry.