Thread: #338 Solrock

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Fautor Animus's Avatar
    Credits

Default #338 Solrock

My first contribution to this section will beSolrock
    Now contrary to popular belief the typing of this pokemon is not Rock/Fire, but instead...Rock/Psychic.
    It has one ability: Levitate - which allows it to come in on EQ, and protects it from spikes, toxic spikes, and basically ground moves in general, unless you decide to give it an iron ball for the laughs, or you're tricked into it somehow.

The base stats are: 70/95/85/55/65/70 - These are pretty mediocre stats, but that's why it's UU. Now, the following sets are meant to be for UU environments unless told otherwise.
    Weaknesses: Water - Grass - Steel - Ground (But it has levitate) - Bug - Ghost - Dark (That's a lot of weaknesses)
    Resistances: Normal - Fire - Poison - Psychic - Flying

Set one: Trick Room - Relaxed Nature - Focus Sash
    Evs: 252 atk 252 hp 6 def.
    Moveset:
    -Trick Room
    -Stone Edge
    -Gyro Ball
    -Explosion
    This set is meant as a hit-and-run set-up for trick room. Bring it in first, set up, let your focus sash kick in, or if you're lucky, not kick in (so as to live from ice shard), and then proceed to attempt to "do your thang", chances are, you will end up killing yourself with Explosion, so as to maximize the amount of trick room time you have.

Set Two: General Wall - Sassy - Leftovers
    EVs: 252 Hp 80 def 172 sp. def 6 atk
    -cosmic power
    -Will O' Wisp
    -Toxic
    -Explosion
    Cosmic Power is that one all-around good defense move that almost no-one can learn. You can throw around toxic or wow, and when the damage gets to where they need to switch, you can intercept with the other status. When you know you can't take much more of this, you wax them with Explosion. Residual damage for the win.

Set Three: Sweeep! - Adamant - Focus Sash
    252 ATK 252 Speed 6 hp
    -Rock Polish
    -Stone Edge
    -EQ
    -Explosion
    Now, we all know that this () is everyones dream. To obliderate a person's team with a rotating sun/gear thing. Well, fortunately for it, it can use rock polish to become gain up to 478 speed. If you want a bit of oomph in your speed, and less oomph in your whompage, you can keep the spread, but make it jolly. Either way, Solrock is a transient pokemon, and can definitely use the boost to pull off an inb4Explosion! (Hopefully, I'm using that lingo correctly.

Set Four: This shouldn't happen
    Modest - Focus Sash
    252 Hp 252 sp. atk 6 def
    Sunny Day
    Solar Beam
    Charge Beam
    Shadow Ball

This exists primarily for sunny day teams that somehow feature the ability to make Solrock live to pull of this combo. It's sp. atk stat is abysmal, but of the two, it and lunatone, it is the only one to learn solar beam, which is weird, because it has no sp. atk.
    Last edited by Fautor Animus; 06-28-2008 at 03:04 PM.
    New FC: 0603 2137 6020 - Look familiar? Yah, it's puffdaddy's, who is also my brother. I assure you, i will only be using my own pokemon.

Big Brother Array
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Trickroom is often one of those moves I forget about until someone uses it. This is a great write up and I think I shall be adding Solrock to my new team.

Thanks Fautor Animus!
    Swears make baby Bonsly cry.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Fautor Animus's Avatar
    Credits

We're in luck! Deneves has made an amazing set of Solrock! I know I love mine! In any case, people should make use of this thread to help build their new Solrock!
    New FC: 0603 2137 6020 - Look familiar? Yah, it's puffdaddy's, who is also my brother. I assure you, i will only be using my own pokemon.