Thread: #164 Noctowl

Pokemon Trainer Array WestCoastNinja's Avatar
    Credits

Thumbs up #164 Noctowl

164 Noctowl

Owl pokémon: Its eyes are special. They can pick out objects as long as there is the tiniest amount of light.

Ability

Insomnia: Noctowl cannot be put to sleep.
    Keen eye: The enemy cannot lower Noctowls accuracy.

Type: Normal/Flying

Weak vs: Electric x2, Ice x2, Rock x2,
    Resistant vs: Grass x0.5, bug x0.5
    Not effective: Ground, Ghost.

Location: Route 210(north), route 211(east), route 216-217, Lake acuity, Mt coronet, Safari game, Lake valor, Turnback cave.(all only at night)

Base stats

Hp:100
    Atk:50
    Def:50
    Sp atk:76
    Sp def:96
    Spd:70

Dream eater Noctowl

Nature: Calm/Bold/Modest
    Item: Leftovers/Big root/Wide lens
    Ev's: 254/Hp 254/sp atk 4/sp def

Moves

Hypnosis-puts the foe to sleep. 75% acc
    Dream eater-Damages the foe and recovers your own hp by half the damage done. Phychic, 100 base atk, 100% acc
    Shadow ball- Small chance at lowering sp def. Provides a little more offence. Ghost, 80 base atk, 100% acc
    Air slash-STAB with a chance at making the foe flinch. Flying, 75 base atk, 95% acc

With this set your basicly trying to get you opponent to sleep to use dream eater. Big root increase's your recovery from dream eater helping this pokemon survive alot longer. Your opponent will most likely switch once you put them to sleep so think about that before you choose your second attack.

Toxic wall Noctowl

Nature: Calm/Bold
    Item: Leftovers
    Ev's: 254/Hp 254/Sp def 4/def

Moves

Protect-Keeps this poke safe from any type of atk for 1 turn.
    Toxic-Badly poisens the foe. The damage increases each turn. 85% acc
    Roost-Restores half of this pokes max Hp. The poke is no longer flying type for 1 turn.
    Night shade-Damage to the foe is equal to the users level. 100% acc

Makes a nice UU wall. You can use a combination of toxic and protect to keep the opponents hp down while yours is going up. Night shade can also help with its reliable set damage.

Tips

¤When using a sp def ev/calm Noctowl make sure you watch out for physical attacks.
    ¤Roost makes you plain normal for 1 turn so watch out for fighting attacks. You will no longer have flyings weakness either so take advantage of this.
    ¤When using the hypnosis noctowl be aware of the sleep clause. Predicting a switch out is crucial.

Thank you for taking the time to read this guide and have a nice day.
    Last edited by WestCoastNinja; 05-17-2008 at 10:29 PM.
    BRAWL FC-2106-0417-7462
    XBL-WestCoastNinja7

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Guilo's Avatar
    Credits

I have a Toxic Wall Noctowl from one of your events, and it was one of my first IV bred pokemon (the other being Crobat). I use it for my special wall quite often, and it's one tough pokemon to take out. It can beat a Palkia quite often unless the user knows not to use Spacial Rend, and use Dragon Claw or another physical attack instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilo View Post
    "I spam spambaskets bespam it spams you the aspammity to spam spamone a spam of spam withspam spampearing spamsane. Spam, if spamone spam spammed you a spample you'd spam like 'Spam? Spam the spam is spam?', spam if it's spam in a spambasket you're like 'Spam is spam!.'" - Spametri Spamtin

It's hard to spamderspam and spamprehend what spammers spam when they're spammin'.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Nice writeup. It is a shame that Noctowl did not have just a little more umph. It would be on the level of Crobat, but would actually be able to do something with a sleeping opponent with Dream Eater. 3rd stage for Noctowl?

Pokemon Trainer Array WestCoastNinja's Avatar
    Credits

Thanks for the comments.

And a 3rd stage would be awesome. Especially if they gave it a better ability.
    BRAWL FC-2106-0417-7462
    XBL-WestCoastNinja7

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Guilo's Avatar
    Credits

Deffinately a third stage. I actually like Insomnia, it's going to be very useful against Darkrai.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilo View Post
    "I spam spambaskets bespam it spams you the aspammity to spam spamone a spam of spam withspam spampearing spamsane. Spam, if spamone spam spammed you a spample you'd spam like 'Spam? Spam the spam is spam?', spam if it's spam in a spambasket you're like 'Spam is spam!.'" - Spametri Spamtin

It's hard to spamderspam and spamprehend what spammers spam when they're spammin'.