Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Abomasnow

  1. #11
    Pokemon Trainer Array WestCoastNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    AriZona
    Posts
    2,364
    Credits
    4,265

    Default

    Thats wierd. Its stats are waaaaaaaaay to low. It even has a limited movepool. The only good thing I see about it is auto hail with stab blizzard.
    BRAWL FC-2106-0417-7462
    XBL-WestCoastNinja7

  2. #12
    IV Breeder Array Babael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,695
    Credits
    17,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastNinja View Post
    Thats wierd. Its stats are waaaaaaaaay to low. It even has a limited movepool. The only good thing I see about it is auto hail with stab blizzard.
    I know, but it is OU, lol.

    Pearl:3138 8955 2379
    Platinum: 2236 9523 8918
    Diamond: 1549 7576 0375
    Silver: 5329 3177 5102
    White:
    Black: 4384 4378 6673
    Banner courtesy of BlondinieNZ
    Come adopt a champion bred pokemon.
    Now breeding: Bagon

  3. #13
    Gym Leader Array BugCatcher6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    (GMT -05:00)
    Posts
    12,608
    Credits
    61,279
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Smogon made it a point to keep any auto-weather Pokemon out of the lower tiers. That is why Abomasnow and Hippowdon are OU. Neither show the power of the other OU's I believe.


  4. #14
    Putting young whipper snappers into place since 1882. Array belnumcree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,100
    Credits
    23,215
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    Smogon made it a point to keep any auto-weather Pokemon out of the lower tiers. That is why Abomasnow and Hippowdon are OU. Neither show the power of the other OU's I believe.
    Hippowdon does. He's a great defensive wall/tank. To me his Weather Move can be more of a hindrance.
    Extremely ancient and decrepit retired Boulder Gym Leader....Thanks Vis for the new card. *looks at new user title* Stay off my lawn

    ...

  5. #15
    Gym Leader Array BugCatcher6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    (GMT -05:00)
    Posts
    12,608
    Credits
    61,279
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by belnumcree View Post
    Hippowdon does. He's a great defensive wall/tank. To me his Weather Move can be more of a hindrance.
    Not to get to far off topic, but really? With a weakness to Water, Grass, and Ice and a base SP.DEF of 72.


  6. #16
    IV Breeder Array Babael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,695
    Credits
    17,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    Not to get to far off topic, but really? With a weakness to Water, Grass, and Ice and a base SP.DEF of 72.
    Donphan has the same weakness and a lower Sp. Def stat of 60 and it's OU. The hippow is a great physical wall/Phazer/SR user, has access Curse, which increases it's tanking capabilities and it's a prime candidate for Sand Storm teams.

    Pearl:3138 8955 2379
    Platinum: 2236 9523 8918
    Diamond: 1549 7576 0375
    Silver: 5329 3177 5102
    White:
    Black: 4384 4378 6673
    Banner courtesy of BlondinieNZ
    Come adopt a champion bred pokemon.
    Now breeding: Bagon

  7. #17
    Gym Leader Array BugCatcher6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    (GMT -05:00)
    Posts
    12,608
    Credits
    61,279
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babael View Post
    Donphan has the same weakness and a lower Sp. Def stat of 60 and it's OU. The hippow is a great physical wall/Phazer/SR user, has access Curse, which increases it's tanking capabilities and it's a prime candidate for Sand Storm teams.
    I never used either so I don't know how it handles in battle.


  8. #18
    IV Breeder Array Babael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,695
    Credits
    17,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    I never used either so I don't know how it handles in battle.
    Oh, Donphan's a defensive beast. With a base attack and def of 120 and access to rapid spin, knock off, ice shard, and counter it can really be a problem if played right. *can't wait to do a Donphan write up*

    Pearl:3138 8955 2379
    Platinum: 2236 9523 8918
    Diamond: 1549 7576 0375
    Silver: 5329 3177 5102
    White:
    Black: 4384 4378 6673
    Banner courtesy of BlondinieNZ
    Come adopt a champion bred pokemon.
    Now breeding: Bagon

  9. #19
    Gym Leader Array BugCatcher6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    (GMT -05:00)
    Posts
    12,608
    Credits
    61,279
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babael View Post
    Oh, Donphan's a defensive beast. With a base attack and def of 120 and access to rapid spin, knock off, ice shard, and counter it can really be a problem if played right. *can't wait to do a Donphan write up*
    I like that about Magcargo, but his HP base 50 stinks. Fire/Rock also stinks against water. 120 base DEF and 80 base SP.DEF though is nice, but I believe it needs an evolution.


  10. #20

    Default

    To be honest, Abomasnow won't see any use in non-hailstorm teams, however, given that it is the automatic lead of any hailstorm team, it is fair to call it OU based on usage.

    Random fact: I fought a team on PBR that used 6 abomasnow, all with different movesets. Good thing I had a fire attack .
    Join my team, Bum Rush!
    Because it beats joining the army.

    Watch It. Also, ban Luvdisc forever!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •