Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Abomasnow

  1. #1
    IV Breeder Array Babael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,695
    Credits
    17,603

    Default Abomasnow

    460 Abomasnow

    The Frost Tree Pokemon: It whips up blizzards in mountains that are always buried by snow. It is the abominable snowman. It blankets wide areas in snow by whipping up blizzards. It is also known as the Ice Monster.

    Ability: Snow Warning:Upon entering battle this pokemon summons a permanent Hailstorm.

    Types: Ice & Grass

    Evolves from Snover at level 40 and it can also be found at the top of Mt. Coronet


    Base Stats
    HP: 90
    Attack: 92
    Defense: 75
    Special Attack: 92
    Special Defense: 85
    Speed: 60

    Total: 494


    Special Attacker
    Nature: Modest/Timid
    Item: Leftovers/Shell Bell
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 Special Attack /252 Speed
    Moves:
    Blizzard
    Leech Seed
    Substitute
    Focus Punch

    Sub up and either attack accordingly or get a leech seed going to increase HP recovery. Blizzard for STAB and it's accuracy is increased to 100% during a hail storm and Focus Punch is to prevent the likes of Blissey and Thick Fat Snorlax from ruining your fun. Energy ball can also fit here, if you don't want to add Focus Punch

    Physical Attacker
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    Item: Choice Band/ Life Orb/Leftovers
    EVs:6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Moves:
    Ice Punch/ Ice Shard
    Wood Hammer/ Seed Bomb
    Earthquake
    Swords Dance/Focus Punch

    If you're running a Choice Band on it, ditch Swords Dance for Focus Punch. As for the Swords Dancer, get your dance in and proceed to hammer away with two Stabed attacks, EQ's there for type coverage against Fire and Steel types. If the recoil of Wood Hammer puts you off, you can always opt for Seed Bomb.

    Mixed Attacker
    Nature: Sassy/Quiet
    Item:Leftovers/Life Orb
    EVs: 252 HP / 20 SpA / 160 SpD / 76 Spe
    Moves:
    Leech Seed
    Protect
    Wood Hammer
    Blizzard

    This thing is an awesome lead, with the ability to scout attacks, possibly lock Choice item users into an attack, and get a Hail Storm going(particularly awesome if you have a Hail Team). It can attack from both sides of the spectrum. Leech Seed for Hp recovery, and Protect allows you to get in some extra recovery in, Blizzard and Wood Hammer are for STAB.
    Last edited by Babael; 05-14-2008 at 07:04 PM.

    Pearl:3138 8955 2379
    Platinum: 2236 9523 8918
    Diamond: 1549 7576 0375
    Silver: 5329 3177 5102
    White:
    Black: 4384 4378 6673
    Banner courtesy of BlondinieNZ
    Come adopt a champion bred pokemon.
    Now breeding: Bagon

  2. #2
    Gym Leader Array BugCatcher6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    (GMT -05:00)
    Posts
    12,608
    Credits
    61,279
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    I have one question, with Wood Hammer would using a Life Orb be effective given how weak Abomasnow is to Fire? Also being weak to Fighting and Rock would really make it hard pressed to lose HP to Life Orb with the possibility of Stealth Rock being in play and almost every Pokemon carrying some Fighting type move.


    To counter the Fire weakness Earthquake, Rock Tomb, and Rock Slide could be an asset. I know you have Earthquake on the move-set, but just putting it out there to show it as a counter.
    Last edited by BugCatcher6; 05-14-2008 at 06:08 PM.


  3. #3
    IV Breeder Array Babael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,695
    Credits
    17,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    I have one question, with Wood Hammer would using a Life Orb be effective given how weak Abomasnow is to Fire? Also being weak to Fighting and Rock would really make it hard pressed to lose HP to Life Orb with the possibility of Stealth Rock being in play and almost every Pokemon carrying some Fighting type move.
    I just listed the Life orb as an optional items, since the template causes for more than one, the fist item listed is the primary item I'd use. It doesn't really have any moves to counter it's fighting type weakness. It's weak to fire, steel, rock and fighting, Earthquake is the only answer Abomasnow has to the first three type, not to mention you'd have to predict the switch. I doubt anyone would be foolish enough to keep the snow man in on any Fire, Steel,Rock, or Fighting types.

    Pearl:3138 8955 2379
    Platinum: 2236 9523 8918
    Diamond: 1549 7576 0375
    Silver: 5329 3177 5102
    White:
    Black: 4384 4378 6673
    Banner courtesy of BlondinieNZ
    Come adopt a champion bred pokemon.
    Now breeding: Bagon

  4. #4
    Gym Leader Array BugCatcher6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    (GMT -05:00)
    Posts
    12,608
    Credits
    61,279
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babael View Post
    I just listed the Life orb as an optional items, since the template causes for more than one, the fist item listed is the primary item I'd use. It doesn't really have any moves to counter it's fighting type weakness. It's weak to fire, steel, rock and fighting, Earthquake is the only answer Abomasnow has to the first three type, not to mention you'd have to predict the switch. I doubt anyone would be foolish enough to keep the snow man in on any Fire, Steel,Rock, or Fighting types.
    Also weak to Flying, but you have to be pretty hard up to keep a Flying type in against Abomasnow.

    I figured about the items, but also thought I would post just to clear it up kinda. Nice move-sets and it gives nice options to customize them. I gave pretty direct move-sets for my Raticate because I figured people will tweak them anyway, so I just put the moves I would use.


  5. #5
    Retired Icicle Gym Leader Array FatherGoblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    St Paul, MN
    Posts
    836
    Credits
    11,398
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    This is my favorite Abomasnow...

    Special Attacker
    Nature: Timid
    Item: Choice Scarf
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 Special Attack /252 Speed
    Moves:
    Blizzard
    Grass Knot
    Water Pulse/Hidden Power - Water
    Ice Shard

    He really isn't over-used because of his stats; he is over used because of his ability. Almost any Rock, Fighting or Fire attack will wipe him out, but his ability and if he hits first, he will make an impact on the battle. He can take down anything that doesn't resist him. Few good choices after the first two moves; Ice Shard is in there to finish off wounded or fast flyers/dragons...it won't do much damage in this build.
    Wii Mario Kart FC: Father 3909 7913 6300
    Pokemon Platinum Friend Code: 2278 2548 0517

  6. #6
    IV Breeder Array Babael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,695
    Credits
    17,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    Also weak to Flying, but you have to be pretty hard up to keep a Flying type in against Abomasnow.

    I figured about the items, but also thought I would post just to clear it up kinda. Nice move-sets and it gives nice options to customize them. I gave pretty direct move-sets for my Raticate because I figured people will tweak them anyway, so I just put the moves I would use.
    Eh, I don't have an Abomasnow yet, so I only listed some idea that sound good in theory.. I'll probably add to it once I breed my own, though I'd go with Seed Bomb instead of Wood Hammer, though I guess the leftovers and leech seed compensate for the recoil. I really like the looks of the mixed set though.

    Pearl:3138 8955 2379
    Platinum: 2236 9523 8918
    Diamond: 1549 7576 0375
    Silver: 5329 3177 5102
    White:
    Black: 4384 4378 6673
    Banner courtesy of BlondinieNZ
    Come adopt a champion bred pokemon.
    Now breeding: Bagon

  7. #7
    Gym Leader Array BugCatcher6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    (GMT -05:00)
    Posts
    12,608
    Credits
    61,279
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    If Abomasnow could learn Baton Pass how cool would it be to Substitute, Leech Seed, Ingrain, and Baton Pass he-he.

    As far as I know Baton Pass would let you pass the Ingrain.


  8. #8
    IV Breeder Array Babael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,695
    Credits
    17,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    If Abomasnow could learn Baton Pass how cool would it be to Substitute, Leech Seed, Ingrain, and Baton Pass he-he.

    As far as I know Baton Pass would let you pass the Ingrain.
    Yeah, it does allow you to pass Ingrain, I've seen people use that strategy.

    Pearl:3138 8955 2379
    Platinum: 2236 9523 8918
    Diamond: 1549 7576 0375
    Silver: 5329 3177 5102
    White:
    Black: 4384 4378 6673
    Banner courtesy of BlondinieNZ
    Come adopt a champion bred pokemon.
    Now breeding: Bagon

  9. #9
    Pokemon Trainer Array WestCoastNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    AriZona
    Posts
    2,364
    Credits
    4,265

    Default

    Is this poke really an OU?
    BRAWL FC-2106-0417-7462
    XBL-WestCoastNinja7

  10. #10
    IV Breeder Array Babael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,695
    Credits
    17,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastNinja View Post
    Is this poke really an OU?
    Yep, I was surprised when I saw it there too.>.>

    Pearl:3138 8955 2379
    Platinum: 2236 9523 8918
    Diamond: 1549 7576 0375
    Silver: 5329 3177 5102
    White:
    Black: 4384 4378 6673
    Banner courtesy of BlondinieNZ
    Come adopt a champion bred pokemon.
    Now breeding: Bagon

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •