Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Darkrai

Credits
    Blog Entries

Darkrai only learns 2 Psychic attacks and Dream Eater is the stronger of the two. I can see not using it because opponents can switch, but the way the Uber battles are done on Shoddy and some other sites Sleep Clause is not used often. Since Darkrai's purpose is to put opponents to sleep and then destroy them, I don't see it being used in a battle with sleep clause being in effect since it handicaps Darkrai and that does not make him Uber if his ability, Dark Void, and Nightmare become useless..

PokeFarm Champion Array Shiny Lucario's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    Darkrai only learns 2 Psychic attacks and Dream Eater is the stronger of the two. I can see not using it because opponents can switch, but the way the Uber battles are done on Shoddy and some other sites Sleep Clause is not used often. Since Darkrai's purpose is to put opponents to sleep and then destroy them, I don't see it being used in a battle with sleep clause being in effect since it handicaps Darkrai and that does not make him Uber if his ability, Dark Void, and Nightmare become useless..
    Well, I admit I don't know much about uber battles. But I do know that Dream Eater is a horrible attack as you have to meet a condition to use it. Not to mention Psychic attacks give horrible coverage and a lot of the ubers resist it. Now, about sleep clause not being used in uber battles, maybe so, but that's just stupid >_>...

True, Darkrai is supposed to put pokemon to sleep and then destroy them with Bad Dreams and attacks (Nightmare is a horrible attack, btw). But taking away sleep clause is just giving him an opening to do so and makes battles a boring "Which Darkrai can sleep all it's opponents first?" battle. And even if sleep clause was in place, Darkrai would still be used. A 90% accuracy sleep move backed by a base 125 speed is awesome. As you can make one of your opponents pokemon useless in the battle.

^Click the Inferaldo for a chance to win shinies and stuff.
    Credit for the Inferaldo goes to timmyeatsfood and his amazing spriting ;D

Quote Originally Posted by belnumcree
    I couldn't spot a hack unless it was a blue Pikachu that knew Draco Meteor....>_> lol
    In honor of Nak's departure, "Bootsie." *whistles*

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Lucario View Post
    Well, I admit I don't know much about uber battles. But I do know that Dream Eater is a horrible attack as you have to meet a condition to use it. Not to mention Psychic attacks give horrible coverage and a lot of the ubers resist it. Now, about sleep clause not being used in uber battles, maybe so, but that's just stupid >_>...

True, Darkrai is supposed to put pokemon to sleep and then destroy them with Bad Dreams and attacks (Nightmare is a horrible attack, btw). But taking away sleep clause is just giving him an opening to do so and makes battles a boring "Which Darkrai can sleep all it's opponents first?" battle. And even if sleep clause was in place, Darkrai would still be used. A 90% accuracy sleep move backed by a base 125 speed is awesome. As you can make one of your opponents pokemon useless in the battle.
    That is why I don't battle Legendaries or Ubers, because the battles are geared to the opponent starting the battle which sets the rules to make his/her team dominate.

Also Nightmare is not an attack, it just removes 1/4 HP every turn your opponent is asleep.

Also Darkrai is weak to Fighting types, so Psychic would do damage there. Bug being Darkrai's second weakness which Darkrai has no Special Attack to counter, but does have Rock Slide yeah.

Psychic is the better option as an attack, but in a game where everyone thinks bigger is better, Dream Eater has 10% more damage, while Psychic has a 10% chance to lower SP.DEF which I like better.

Credits

That is why I don't battle Legendaries or Ubers, because the battles are geared to the opponent starting the battle which sets the rules to make his/her team dominate.

Also Nightmare is not an attack, it just removes 1/4 HP every turn your opponent is asleep.

Also Darkrai is weak to Fighting types, so Psychic would do damage there. Bug being Darkrai's second weakness which Darkrai has no Special Attack to counter, but does have Rock Slide yeah.

Psychic is the better option as an attack, but in a game where everyone thinks bigger is better, Dream Eater has 10% more damage, while Psychic has a 10% chance to lower SP.DEF which I like better.
    I know Nightmare isn't an "attack" but I couldn't think of the word for it since it's not really a status. Maybe it's closer to a status than an attack though . And yes, Darkrai is weak to fighting. But can you name one fighting type pokemon in the uber tier? No? That's because there aren't any . The pokemon that using fighting don't get STAB off them which kinda defeats the purpose of a Psychic attack. There aren't any Bugs in the uber tier as well

I couldn't spot a hack unless it was a blue Pikachu that knew Draco Meteor....>_> lol

Credits
    Blog Entries

I know Nightmare isn't an "attack" but I couldn't think of the word for it since it's not really a status. Maybe it's closer to a status than an attack though . And yes, Darkrai is weak to fighting. But can you name one fighting type pokemon in the uber tier? No? That's because there aren't any . The pokemon that using fighting don't get STAB off them which kinda defeats the purpose of a Psychic attack. There aren't any Bugs in the uber tier as well
    I was not aware that only Ubers fought in the Uber tier. No wonder nobody battles Ubers a lot, with only 18 Pokemon in the tier you would have a lot of teams looking alike.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Guilo's Avatar
    Credits

I know Nightmare isn't an "attack" but I couldn't think of the word for it since it's not really a status. Maybe it's closer to a status than an attack though . And yes, Darkrai is weak to fighting. But can you name one fighting type pokemon in the uber tier? No? That's because there aren't any . The pokemon that using fighting don't get STAB off them which kinda defeats the purpose of a Psychic attack. There aren't any Bugs in the uber tier as well .

Besides of course Arceus Fighting/Bug type
    You don't need a pokemon that is fighting type, just one with a fighting type attack.

Mewtwo gets Aura Sphere at level 100, and is faster than Darkrai.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilo View Post
    "I spam spambaskets bespam it spams you the aspammity to spam spamone a spam of spam withspam spampearing spamsane. Spam, if spamone spam spammed you a spample you'd spam like 'Spam? Spam the spam is spam?', spam if it's spam in a spambasket you're like 'Spam is spam!.'" - Spametri Spamtin

It's hard to spamderspam and spamprehend what spammers spam when they're spammin'.

Credits

I was not aware that only Ubers fought in the Uber tier. No wonder nobody battles Ubers a lot, with only 18 Pokemon in the tier you would have a lot of teams looking alike.
    No, you can use other pokemon as well. But there aren't any Fighting type pokemon that are worth using that I can think of. The most used pokemon from the OU tier in ubers are Blissey (of course ) and Metagross. Blissey as a special sponge and Metagross because of his resistance to a lot of the uber STAB moves and his amazing attack stat .

You don't need a pokemon that is fighting type, just one with a fighting type attack.

Mewtwo gets Aura Sphere at level 100, and is faster than Darkrai.
    I know, lol. But giving Darkrai a move to counter a fighting type when there aren't any fighting pokemon in ubers doesn't work on a pokemon that uses fighting moves without the fighting type

Torrent Gym Leader/Head Farmer Array Deneves's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

No, you can use other pokemon as well. But there aren't any Fighting type pokemon that are worth using that I can think of.
    Does Heracross get any play in the uber tier?

Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Deneves View Post
    Does Heracross get any play in the uber tier?
    Seriously, I wouldn't know . Not big into ubers myself.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Guilo's Avatar
    Credits

I know, lol. But giving Darkrai a move to counter a fighting type when there aren't any fighting pokemon in ubers doesn't work on a pokemon that uses fighting moves without the fighting type
    Ok, I just reread what you said earlier, and I misunderstood it. Now I get it though.

"I spam spambaskets bespam it spams you the aspammity to spam spamone a spam of spam withspam spampearing spamsane. Spam, if spamone spam spammed you a spample you'd spam like 'Spam? Spam the spam is spam?', spam if it's spam in a spambasket you're like 'Spam is spam!.'" - Spametri Spamtin

It's hard to spamderspam and spamprehend what spammers spam when they're spammin'.