Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The farewell tour.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Wink The farewell tour.

Tomorrow is May 1st. I expect my DS back sometime next week, hoping early in the week. I said that I did not have time to get the new Gym team ready for the change from Electric/Normal to Electric/Ghost, well I was kinda holding back there. The team is all bred but 2 Pokemon. I will adjust the team and use some old friends to fill their spots. So once I get my DS, I expect it would take 1 day maybe 2 to finish the EV training.

So my farewell tour will be filled with a new team and hopefully a few battles.

I have already had 2 request for battles, nana nettie and toys4life would like to be battles #99 and #100.

For a long time I thought I would never leave the Beacon Gym. I thought Steve was crazy for giving it to me in the first. What did I know about battling , I was a farmer. So from 0 battles to approaching battle 100, I think I grew as a battler. There are still things I wish I could do, but that is for another time. I really cannot imagine my day without a Gym battle. However after seeing 2 people that pushed me into the position and helped me in many ways with the Gym go away and come back, I know there is live without a Gym. Seeing NikolaTesla and celph77 come back, well I know I can leave the Gym and keep on going.

I know people have heard the story of how I built a Gym team in 1 week. 7 days to build 6 Pokemon with IVs and EVs. Well that was not possible without celph77. He sat there and did countless hours of IV battles with me. He and I talked for hours about what Pokemon to use and the move-sets, EV spreads, Natures, Items, and what to do with them all.

NikolaTesla got me in, but celph helped make me a winner. Actually I remember celph telling me that Lanturn was the worst Pokemon on my team and I should really think about getting rid of it for something else.

Two things celph taught me, one was never take risk, moves with low accuracy were to risky and use the sure thing over high risk. The second thing was not to always listen to what other people were during. NikolaTesla ran the Beacon Gym very different then the other Gym Leaders did back then, I had to honor him and keep my team as unorthodox as possible. So with all this knowledge, I kept my Lanturn and I think others would agree.

My first Lanturn was named Spatter. It was nothing fancy, Modest Nature and no IVs in the 30/31 range. It was built with 252 EVs in SP.ATK and SPD and 6 EVs in HP. Not a brilliant spread. You have no idea how this Pokemon frustrated people with it's speed. Nobody every saw a Lanturn that fast and it was awesome to watch.

My current Lanturn Ekaro was built to be tougher. He had 31 IVs in SP.ATK & SP.DEF and 30 IVs in SPD. His EV spread was 40 HP, 192 SP.ATK, 240 SP.DEF, and 36 SPD. Very complex and not as fast. His speed was just enough to outrun Pokemon in his SPD tier and some 1 stage above.

I have a baby Chinchou that never made it to the Gym, but it would put those two to shame.

NikolaTesla was a Gym Leader that never did things you expected. I believe I carried on that tradition with the help of another teammate. My Miltank named Garbage. Not only did the name catch the eye of my opponents, but it shocked them with amazing speed. I will not bore you with the bloodline of Garbage. My current Miltank is a daughter of Garbage and she is named Treasure. I cannot tell you how many times this cow saved my team. Not to brag, but ask people that have battled in my Gym and lost, which Pokemon was the problem, Treasure. Ask those that won the same question and you would get the same answer.

I have won 4 battles without losing a single Pokemon, 6-0. I have lost 5 battles without beating a single Pokemon, 0-6. Losing like that is bad for a Gym Leader I believe, but it humbles you. I learned how it felt when none of my tactics would work and I could not find an answer to anything my opponent was throwing at me. I took a lot of losses to heart. I said that wow using a team with all OU Pokemon is weak. Truth is, I could have used all OU Pokemon on my team. I chose not to and I should have never made comments to put anyone else team choice down. I know why I used my team and when I did beat a team of 6 OU Pokemon, wow what a feeling. It still gave me no right to down anyone else. It took awhile for me to learn that lesson though.

I will stop ranting there, but I have a closing statement he-he. While building my team, celph77 gave me a link to a webpage to read over. It had a statement at the bottom of it. It took me awhile to learn this lesson, but I thought I would share with everyone.

Alright, so those things addressed, let's go to a few of the things you should and shouldn't do on wifi:

Play with Voice Chat OFF if it is a serious game. It can invade privacy and play into unnecessary mind games (which nicknames and pokeball seals already do anyway).

You should thank your opponent for playing.

Don't disconnect. If it's unintentional, fine, but if it happens every time and/or just so happens to be when your last Pokemon faints, people will know something is up. There is never any reason to disconnect, as you can select RUN if there is actually a legitimate reason for you to leave and do something else. Learn to use this forfeit function.

In other words, be a good sport. You agree to the terms of play before battling, and if you lose, it's usually your own doing. Don't try to pass off someone else's smart play as "cheap" to justify your loss. A loss is a loss, and we should learn and grow from those.
    Though, it's courteous to give someone a rematch if they ask for it, particularly in the rare case of critical hits all over the place (without high-crit moves).

Pokemon Trainer Array WestCoastNinja's Avatar
    Credits

I would like to battle for the shiny badge before you leave.
    BRAWL FC-2106-0417-7462
    XBL-WestCoastNinja7

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastNinja View Post
    Aaaaw, how sweet!
    It's been great, PokeFarm. I'll miss you. I'm on AIM if you ever need me. =)

This line is for Shiny Lucario. ~ ~
    >This line is for belnumcree.
    >>This line is for WestCoastNinja.
    >>>This line is for cisco.
    >>>>This line is for joinred1127.
    >>>>>This line is for razorbeam.
    >>>>>>This line is for Babael and Paws_Of_Fate.
    >>>>>>>This line is for Cherkat, nana nettie, Viscosity, HMTKSteve, and toys4life. ♥♥♥♥♥
    >>>>>>> This line is for Death By Bronzong, Fautor Animus, and puffdaddy. ♥♥♥
    >>>>>>>>>This line is for timmyeatsfood, pokemasterSD, Trombones13, pikaluva13, and Taurosdude15. ♥♥♥♥♥
    >>>>>>>>>>This line is for juaco, nagib_253, Achates, noodleboy1011, and DescipleOfDeathx. ♥♥♥♥♥
    >>>>>>>>>>>This line is for all my AC:WW friends in PokeFarm, specifically plusletrainer and nickgamer10. ♥♥
    >>>>>>>>>>>>This line is for the rest of my friends here in PokeFarm, you know who you are.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>celph77, wherever you went... This line's for you. ♥
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Same with you, andyc15 and soccergurl22.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gamegeezer, I'll see you on Voice Chat like usual. XD

Pokemon Trainer Array WestCoastNinja's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Nak View Post
    Aaaaw, how sweet!
    Oh jeez.

That better be sarcasm.
    BRAWL FC-2106-0417-7462
    XBL-WestCoastNinja7

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastNinja View Post
    That does give me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside.

Credits

I would like to battle too....but you'd probably kick my...toooshee.....these days.....XP

Credits
    Blog Entries

yeah id like a battle too. youve been a great gym leader.
    --

Credits
    Blog Entries

I thought I would end my term on a good note, but it looks like it will be a losing one he-he. Anyone need a kidney while I'm at it?

Big Brother Array
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Actually, I have someone in the market for one in thailand. Would you mind? I mean you don't need two do you?
    Swears make baby Bonsly cry.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaTesla View Post
    Actually, I have someone in the market for one in thailand. Would you mind? I mean you don't need two do you?
    Can I run a pint threw it first?