Page 1 of 107 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Shiny Therapy (lol XD)

Credits
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Shiny Therapy (lol XD)

Hello to chainers and other viewers! ∩_∩

To go along with Sheeno's List all the shinies you've ever caught! thread, comes this new one called Shiny Therapy! XD

Thread History

There's not much behind it, really. XD (Not yet at least. ∩_∩) Just this post I made a while back. Today I figured, "Hey, why not?" =D

Thread Purpose

So what is Shiny Therapy? Well, Sheeno's thread is to tell of chaining successes, yes? This thread's purpose will be for the less glamorous stories of chaining failures and assistance to those who need it. PokeFarm's brilliant members have provided some excellent chaining guides, but sometimes we need a little push to get the hang of chaining. So in short, this thread will be for grievances and assistance.

Thread Regulations

• All rules stated in PokeFarm's FAQ still apply, so please follow them accordingly.

• Some specifics:

• Please behave accordingly. Don't let your emotions go wild in this thread, I beg of you. O_O
      • If you have more guides to post up, please remember to cite the source. Remember to give credit to where it's due. =D
      • No spamming or flaming. Please keep such posts in Private Messaging.
      • The Bulletin Board will be for important announcements only. PM me if you wish for something to be posted on it and we'll talk it over. =)
      • Hmm... I'll think of more later. But for now, enjoy the thread! =D

Miscellaneous Stuff

• I'm hoping the more experience chainers can help me with this. All help is appreciated. =D
    • Searching for a shiny-related topic. Suggestions are welcome. =D
    Last edited by Nak; 04-02-2008 at 03:34 PM.
    It's been great, PokeFarm. I'll miss you. I'm on AIM if you ever need me. =)

This line is for Shiny Lucario. ~ ~
    >This line is for belnumcree.
    >>This line is for WestCoastNinja.
    >>>This line is for cisco.
    >>>>This line is for joinred1127.
    >>>>>This line is for razorbeam.
    >>>>>>This line is for Babael and Paws_Of_Fate.
    >>>>>>>This line is for Cherkat, nana nettie, Viscosity, HMTKSteve, and toys4life. ♥♥♥♥♥
    >>>>>>> This line is for Death By Bronzong, Fautor Animus, and puffdaddy. ♥♥♥
    >>>>>>>>>This line is for timmyeatsfood, pokemasterSD, Trombones13, pikaluva13, and Taurosdude15. ♥♥♥♥♥
    >>>>>>>>>>This line is for juaco, nagib_253, Achates, noodleboy1011, and DescipleOfDeathx. ♥♥♥♥♥
    >>>>>>>>>>>This line is for all my AC:WW friends in PokeFarm, specifically plusletrainer and nickgamer10. ♥♥
    >>>>>>>>>>>>This line is for the rest of my friends here in PokeFarm, you know who you are.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>celph77, wherever you went... This line's for you. ♥
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Same with you, andyc15 and soccergurl22.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gamegeezer, I'll see you on Voice Chat like usual. XD

Credits
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb

~ Shiny Bulletin ~

• Welcome! -∩_∩-
    • Tani's Frisky Shuppets still available! PM her for one and start your own thieving chain! ∩_∩
    • Someone remind Nak to update this... xD

Last edited by Nak; 10-10-2008 at 08:08 AM.

>>>>>>>This line is for Cherkat, nana nettie, Viscosity, HMTKSteve, and toys4life. ♥♥♥♥♥
    >>>>>>>>>This line is for timmyeatsfood, pokemasterSD, Trombones13, pikaluva13, and Taurosdude15. ♥♥♥♥♥
    >>>>>>>>>>This line is for juaco, nagib_253, Achates, noodleboy1011, and DescipleOfDeathx. ♥♥♥♥♥
    >>>>>>>>>>>This line is for all my AC:WW friends in PokeFarm, specifically plusletrainer and nickgamer10. ♥♥
    >>>>>>>>>>>>This line is for the rest of my friends here in PokeFarm, you know who you are.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb

--- Shiny Hunting Guides ---

• Chaining 101 (Found by Shiny Lucario @ GameFAQs) --- Chaining basics.

• PokeFarm's Shiny Hunting Guide (Compiled by BugCatcher6) --- Guide located in our very own forum! =D

• How To Become Pro At Chaining (Found by BugCatcher6 @ Smogon) --- A much more in-depth guide. Recommended to those who have the basic chaining concepts down pat. (Beware of __________________________________________________ ____swearing!)

• Shortcut to Shuko's YouTube Video Tutorial: How to Hunt Shinies Using the Pokeradar

• What a shiny patch looks like! =D (Found by timmyeatsfood @ YouTube)

• Quote Originally Posted by Nak
      Here's something I discovered that helps. Remember Poketch App. #3? It's the one with the pencil and eraser. What I do is I go there and write whatever notes I need to remember about my chain and then put my DS to Sleep Mode. That way, when I open up my DS, poof! I get my reminders right there. NOTE: You message will disappear if you switch out of App. #3 even if you don't erase it. Hope that helps.
    • Quote Originally Posted by Sorgatani
      Nak's Tip: Use the step counter application and the PP of your lead pokemon as a guide to how many pokemon you've KO'd.

I think this works because it takes focus away from the chain so I remain calmer when chaining this way. I use the step counter method when chaining for EV points.
      *Counting PP does not work if the pokemon you are chaining have the Pressure ability, but it works for most lower-level pokemon.
    Last edited by Nak; 04-03-2008 at 09:13 AM.

Big Brother Array
    Credits
    Blog Entries

OOh ooh I want to share.

I have followed the guide to a T!

Yet I cannot even get a chain to 40. The highest chain I have been able to get is 31 and that was with voltorb.

Besides following the guide is there a simple beginner area that is wide open enough so one's only concern is not breaking the chain. I always get hooked on corners, or limited areas.

I don't mind if the only shiny I can get is bidoof or geodude. I will be happy with any. Especially since I traded my one legit shiny for a clone.

There is just some amazing appeal to catching your own shiny. Espeicaly since the odds are 1 in 8000

Thanks!!
    Swears make baby Bonsly cry.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaTesla View Post
    OOh ooh I want to share.

I have followed the guide to a T!

Yet I cannot even get a chain to 40. The highest chain I have been able to get is 31 and that was with voltorb.

Besides following the guide is there a simple beginner area that is wide open enough so one's only concern is not breaking the chain. I always get hooked on corners, or limited areas.

I don't mind if the only shiny I can get is bidoof or geodude. I will be happy with any. Especially since I traded my one legit shiny for a clone.

There is just some amazing appeal to catching your own shiny. Espeicaly since the odds are 1 in 8000

Thanks!!
    8,192 to be exact!

I've chained Voltorb before, have you tried using Static? It helps a bunch.

As for easier areas, hmm... The more grass and less Pokemon species, the better I think. Some bigger grass patches I've been in the ones to the west of Sunyshore City and the grass patch to the north of the Resort Area. (I'll look up the exact numbers and more when I get home =D).

Also, another tip is just reset if the patch you want to go to is at the corner/edge. Going to a patch in the edge means lesser space for the next set of grass patches to occur, thus increasing the chances of your chain to break.

Remember, when in doubt: RESET!

Hope I helped. =D
    More input from other viewers are also welcomed.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Now, that's my problem: I don't reset. Ever. Well, I do when I break the chain, but that doesn't count. When am I supposed to reset?

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trombones13 View Post
    Now, that's my problem: I don't reset. Ever. Well, I do when I break the chain, but that doesn't count. When am I supposed to reset?
    • Reset whenever in doubt. Especially in the later stages of chaining. Once you reach 20 to 30+, chaining gets a lot trickier. The game is eviiiilll, so watch your back... >_< Lol XD

• Reset when you reach 40. I'm still looking for that math equation. XD But yes, 40 is the best number for you to reset and wait for a shiny patch to pop up. =D

Pokemon Trainer Student Array
    Credits

Talking lol

I tried to start a thread, similair to this. It never worked though. I would have to say my most dissapointing thread would have to be when I chained 40 Voltorb, and broke the chain because I moved up. My newest chain( which I am very proud of) was a Ralts chain. I love my wonderfull shiny Ralts.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lvl100 View Post
    I tried to start a thread, similair to this. It never worked though. I would have to say my most dissapointing thread would have to be when I chained 40 Voltorb, and broke the chain because I moved up. My newest chain( which I am very proud of) was a Ralts chain. I love my wonderfull shiny Ralts.
    Oh, that's so awesome! I chained Voltorb and succeeded, but my Ralts chains ALWAYS mess up... lol. I have a BUNCH more shinies I want to chain. o.o Anyone ever tried chaining Weezing yet?

Pokemon Trainer Student Array
    Credits

Talking I know

I really want to be able to chain water types. I wonder...