Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome the new Assistant.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Smile Welcome the new Assistant.

I have yet to make my Gym change official. I am still messing with combinations of Electric/Water, Electric/Ghost, and Electric/Steel. I would like to announce though that I have found my Gym Assistant.

Please welcome slizer107, the new Beacon Gym Assistant.

I have never had a Gym Assistant. I have had members that were in the Elite 4 bracket, members who became Gym Leaders and none ever got the chance to be the Beacon Gym Assistant. I was pretty detailed in my search for an assistant. The person I was looking for had to certain qualities. The joy of just battling, not making it an obsession. Tactful planning, the ability to see what is not working and correct this. The ability to be challenging, but not dominating. slizer107 matches all these things. He battles for fun, he plans and adapts, he is challenging in battle, but does not dominate.

in slizer's time here at PokeFarm, I have seen him change from bringing under evolved Pokemon to a Gym battle, to beating a few Gym Leaders.

I think even as Gym Leaders, if you are to dominate people will get tired of losing. So I hope with the new changes coming, slizer and I will give you a challenge, but not dominate everyone.

I really see no better fit then slizer. Thank you for excepting the position. Don't hurry on building your team. I have to make final decisions on the new Gym Types.

Retired Icicle Gym Leader Array FatherGoblin's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Congrats slizer!!!
    Wii Mario Kart FC: Father 3909 7913 6300
    Pokemon Platinum Friend Code: 2278 2548 0517

Putting young whipper snappers into place since 1882. Array belnumcree's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

*claps* Congrats Slizer on the new position. =D Way to go Beacon. (Now to get Boulder an assistant...... lol)
    Extremely ancient and decrepit retired Boulder Gym Leader....Thanks Vis for the new card. *looks at new user title* Stay off my lawn

Dojo Assistant/Administrator Array nana nettie's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Congrats Slizer The Beacon Gym will be a must challenge for me once you are up and running.

Buzz, You made the right choice for the gym, you, and slizer

Thanks Viscosity for my sig Thanks BelnumCree for the Farm sig
    Visit Nanak's playground Thanks Joby for the awesome avatar Assistant Gym Battles on weekends only

Pokemon Trainer Student Array spursdude2's Avatar
    Credits

Congrats Slizer! Good luck! (lets hope my wifi starts working!)
    Last edited by Slizer107; 03-18-2008 at 03:31 AM.
    Platinum Fc: 2664 9778 3603

Mana Gym Leader Array Slizer107's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Thx such good news at a bad time. Im rlly honerd, i will give 100% i wont let you down.

Im only going to build the eletrics now. As they will be definate.
    Last edited by Slizer107; 03-12-2008 at 11:59 AM.
    Use to be the site pest, the a gym leader and at times both!
    I would say I am an old member... but I joined when I was 12, so 6 years down the line I am only 18...

Pokemon League Judge Array HMTKSteve's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

If those had been made a month ago I would have thought it was a joke. You've come a long way Slizer!

Credits
    Blog Entries

Thx steve, means alot comming from the owner

I hope i can do well

Go Team Beacon

Just saying i battle 6 v 6 everytime.
    I would say I am an old member... but I joined when I was 12, so 6 years down the line I am only 18...

Credits
    Blog Entries

Yes I want my assistant to do 6 Vs. 6 battles. Not to down the rule of 3 vs. 3, I just don't like it. I believe a person that lost to the Gym Leader, does not really get that extra practice by beating an Assistant's team of 3.

So I might as well drop the 2nd change now. The Gym will be Electric/Ghost soon. I am being really picky with the IVs and Natures this time around. My first Gym team I was not so picky and they did well, but this new team will need to come out of the gate swinging.

Also with Electric/Ghost, I believe slizer and I can make some unique teams. The Beacon Gym has always been a bit unique, so I want to continue that trend.

I know one other person that use to joke about, maybe you should have slizer as your assistant. Well the joke is on them now, I believe slizer is really growing as a battler and maybe soon he could be a Gym Leader if a spot opens up.

I feel that strongly that slizer has what it takes to become a Gym Leader, he just need to polish those skills some.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Thx buzz, i think my best will come out here as im ujnder a good boss.