Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Individual Value Reference Sheet

Credits
    Blog Entries

Arrow Individual Value Reference Sheet

With all the changes made to the game, we really don't need to do as much as we use to do to find IVs. Before we had to do IVs battles to record stats and plug them into calculators to find each individual value and go from there. Looking at the main characteristic could save us time by finding Pokémon that had characteristics that we knew could not possibly have a chance to be a 31 IV. Now with Power Items we can lock into one main IV and all our Pokémon should have that characteristic phrase, with any other 31 IV phrase meaning we have 2 or more IVs at 31.

Now with X and Y a new IV mechanic feature has been added. You can now have a Pokémon hold the Destiny Knot item and it will guarantee that 5 IVs from the both parents will be randomly selected and passed to the offspring. So naturally the better the IVs of the parents the better your chances for their kids. Althought a father with X / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 and a mother with 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / X can still produce offspring with only 3x31 IVs.

So knowing the phrases can help weed out weaker Pokémon and speed up the checking process, ultimately checking with the IV guy will tell you the exact best stat and save even more time and you won't have to find the exact numbers unless you want to. With the change to Hidden Power, you really don't need to worry about specific IV numbers, so go perfect on everything haha.

Service Gen 5 Gen 6
    IV Judge Nimbasa City Gear Station Kiloude City Poké Center
    Name Rater Castelia City - Pokémon Gym Road (B2/W2)
    North Road (B/W)
    Camphier Town Poké Center
    Move Deleter PWT (B2/W2)
    Mistralton City (B/W)
    Dendemille Town
    Move Relearner PWT (B2/W2)
    Mistralton City (B/W)
    Dendemille Town
    Hidden Power Checker Mistralton City Poké Center Anistar City
    Happiness Checker Bianca - Xtransceiver (B2/W2)
    Nacrene City (B/W)
    Laverre City

Last edited by BugCatcher6; 11-12-2013 at 05:50 PM.

Credits
    Blog Entries

oooh this helps so much! thank you!
    It's been great, PokeFarm. I'll miss you. I'm on AIM if you ever need me. =)

This line is for Shiny Lucario. ~ ~
    >This line is for belnumcree.
    >>This line is for WestCoastNinja.
    >>>This line is for cisco.
    >>>>This line is for joinred1127.
    >>>>>This line is for razorbeam.
    >>>>>>This line is for Babael and Paws_Of_Fate.
    >>>>>>>This line is for Cherkat, nana nettie, Viscosity, HMTKSteve, and toys4life. ♥♥♥♥♥
    >>>>>>> This line is for Death By Bronzong, Fautor Animus, and puffdaddy. ♥♥♥
    >>>>>>>>>This line is for timmyeatsfood, pokemasterSD, Trombones13, pikaluva13, and Taurosdude15. ♥♥♥♥♥
    >>>>>>>>>>This line is for juaco, nagib_253, Achates, noodleboy1011, and DescipleOfDeathx. ♥♥♥♥♥
    >>>>>>>>>>>This line is for all my AC:WW friends in PokeFarm, specifically plusletrainer and nickgamer10. ♥♥
    >>>>>>>>>>>>This line is for the rest of my friends here in PokeFarm, you know who you are.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>celph77, wherever you went... This line's for you. ♥
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Same with you, andyc15 and soccergurl22.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gamegeezer, I'll see you on Voice Chat like usual. XD

Pokemon Trainer Student Array
    Credits

very helpful for people that wouldnt know what IVs are :P

i myself forgot about that table, not as useful as other methods but still a help when trying to get good ivs nonetheless

Dragon - 3952 4612 3974

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddraal View Post
    very helpful for people that wouldnt know what IVs are :P

i myself forgot about that table, not as useful as other methods but still a help when trying to get good ivs nonetheless
    Yes I agree. That is also why I have the D/P IV Calculator from Serebii saved offline. Such a life saver. I hate having to do the math for every Pokemon I have and when I do large breeds I sometimes have 60-90 Pokemon to check out hehe.

Credits
    Blog Entries

O.K. I had to talk myself into it. I have a lot of info done up on Microsoft Office Excel. I am currently working on making it web friendly. I want it to look as I have it on my pc, which I made them to print nicely. I want it to hold onto this print quality so if anyone wants to print them, they won't have a mess to deal with. It may take a few days, but I hope to get everything done by this weekend and have a site made up by Monday of next week.

Credits
    Blog Entries

With so much talk about IVs, Evs, and breeding I found a write up on a site that really goes into detail for Emerald/ Diamond/Pearl IV breeding. I will copy and paste it here, but I want to give credit to X-Act and Peterko on the Smogon Site. Here is a link the their breeding guide.

Here is a small section of how IVs are selected.
    The IVs for the baby are first created at random. Then, a random IV from either parent is inherited to the baby. Then, any random IV except an HP IV is selected from either parent and is passed to the baby. Finally, any random IV except an HP or Defense IV is selected from either parent and passed to the baby. These three random IVs may overlap, that is, the same random IV can be chosen to be inherited in the second, or third, IV transfer.

I know when I first read it I was like what, but if you read their guide it makes more sense. Plus they show examples.

Let's give an example:

Parent A has the following IVs: 21, 7, 26, 15, 4, 10.
    Parent B has the following IVs: 5, 3, 16, 30, 28, 20.
    (These, and all IV sets that will be listed, are written in the following order: HP IV, Attack IV, Defense IV, Special Attack IV, Special Defense IV, and Speed IV.)

First, the baby's IVs are generated at random: 18, 0, 9, 14, 11, 27.

Then a parent's random IV is chosen, and passed to the baby. Suppose Parent A's Speed IV is chosen first.
    So now the baby's IVs are: 18, 0, 9, 14, 11, 10.

Then a parent's random IV (other than an HP IV) is chosen, and passed to the baby. Suppose Parent A's Defense IV is chosen.
    So now the baby's IVs are: 18, 0, 26, 14, 11, 10.

Finally, a parent's random IV (other than an HP or a Defense IV) is chosen, and inherited to the baby.
    Suppose Parent B's Special Attack IV is chosen. And the baby's IVs thus become: 18, 0, 26, 30, 11, 10.

Note that the amount of IVs passed from the parents is not always 3, for the following two reasons. Firstly, the random baby IVs created at the start might match some of the IVs of the parents, which would seem as if the baby got passed more than 3 IVs. Secondly, two or three of the IVs passed to the baby might be in the same stat, which would seem as if the baby got passed less than 3 IVs.

This means that the baby will always inherit between 1 and 6 IVs from the parents. The chances are as follows:

1 IV: 2.44% chance
    2 IVs: 34.41% chance
    3 IVs: 53.01% chance
    4 IVs: 9.55% chance
    5 IVs: 0.58% chance
    6 IVs: 0.01% chance

Remember I did not write any of this. the Credit all goes to X-Act and Peterko on the Smogon Site. I don't have the patience to do the math involved in making their 4 part guide. Good reading I give it 2 thumbs up and it should be on of Oprah's Book of the Month Club suggested reading.

Credits

This should be clarified, when it says 1IV, it means exactly 1IV not at least 1IV, and so on.

To put it simply, a bred poke gets 3 IVs from the parents (1 from mother, 1 from father, 1 from either). but their other ivs also have a chance of being the same (due to the random chance factor).

Dragon - 3952 4612 3974

Credits

another interesting point on that guide is the chance that each stat will be passed on from a parent:

HP: 8.02% chance of being inherited
    Atk: 19.55% chance of being inherited
    Def: 13.78% chance of being inherited
    SpAtk: 19.55% chance of being inherited
    SpDef: 19.55% chance of being inherited
    Speed: 19.55% chance of being inherited

Dragon - 3952 4612 3974

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddraal View Post

This should be clarified, when it says 1IV, it means exactly 1IV not at least 1IV, and so on.

To put it simply, a bred poke gets 3 IVs from the parents (1 from mother, 1 from father, 1 from either). but their other ivs also have a chance of being the same (due to the random chance factor).

I believe by their guide that there is a chance that when IVs chosen at random can sometimes select the same Stat IV and pass on less to the baby.

Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    Note that the amount of IVs passed from the parents is not always 3, for the following two reasons. Firstly, the random baby IVs created at the start might match some of the IVs of the parents, which would seem as if the baby got passed more than 3 IVs. Secondly, two or three of the IVs passed to the baby might be in the same stat, which would seem as if the baby got passed less than 3 IVs.

Credits

Default IV Breeding

I have recently gotten interested in IV breeding and have been playing around with it the last couple of weeks. With Buzz's notes and these sites, I can now save lots of time when IV breeding, to form my ultimate teams. I thought I would share my knowledge sources, so everyone here can learn about it as well. I do not take credit for any of this, this is all the work of the generous people that wrote the Faqs...

1)http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...ad.php?t=46234
    -> This site will teach you the basics of IV breeding. Although I would substitute IV battling instead of rare candying at that certain step, as its much more efficient. If you don't know what I mean by IV Battling, go here.

2)http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20650
    -> This site will tutor you in the advanced stuff about IV breeding such as displaying the ratio of getting a certain amount of maximum IVs. Very helpful!

3)http://www.serebii.net/games/ivs.shtml
    ->The mathematical approach towards IV breeding. You can use these formulas here to make Microsoft Excel calculate IVs automatically.

4) http://user.pa.net/~rcade/zcalc.htm
    -> From Buzz's personal site; contains helpful EV guides and is home to my favorite IV calculator.

Will post more if I find any better ones. Enjoy and feel free to post your own links!

Thanks to PokemasterSD for the sig!!!