Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So you want to be a Master Breeder 2

Credits
    Blog Entries

More to come
    Last edited by BugCatcher6; 11-20-2013 at 01:12 AM.

Credits
    Blog Entries

More to come
    Last edited by BugCatcher6; 11-20-2013 at 01:12 AM.

Credits
    Blog Entries

I have been writing down some breeding info I have been using since the original Master Breeder guide I wrote way back when and this guide was really outdated.

So I was looking it over to see if there was anything I wanted to salvage and I decided really the only thing was the chart with the gender ratios, everything else I could redo. The way egg moves are done now, really chains are almost gone. So I laid the grown work for the basics and thought I would do something else that I did not do way back then either, let the thread open to discussion.

Yes believe it or not, my way is not the best way. Even though I think I have a pretty good system, my system is only pretty good for me. As I am sure the number of people that participated in the academy, spent time talking to me in PM, talked to me over mic with the DS Lite, or instant messenger, I doubt any of those people still do things my way or even still play at all really, well given maybe 4 people.

And as I looked at these guides around the web that people claimed to have the IV system figured out and this is the best way to get those perfect IVs, they all seemed to forget one of the first sentences in their guides, the luck of the IVs.

When you use a Destiny Knot that is taking 5 IVs out of a total of 12 possible, how can you tell someone you have a system? You have to roll the dice and work until lady luck smiles on you and gives you that nice parent Pokémon, and then you put that parent back into the oven until it is done cooking and hope it produces more.

Take my Goomy project. I had a Goomy Male with 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / X and a Female with X / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 and I bred for 46 eggs and out of those 46 eggs I got 1 male with 6x31 IVs, I also got 5 Goomy with 3x31 IVs. So to say there is a system is foolish. To work your way up to say 3 maybe 4 is part of the system, 5 and 6 is still going to bring in the luck factor.

Figuring out when to forget an Everstone and go all out for IVs, like say you have a decent male with the right nature but you just don't have that female with the IVs you want. You can put your Destiny Knot on the female and a Power Item on the male to guarantee your money IV to the female and the Destiny to bring some of the other IVs over and then the next round have the father hold an everstone with the mother holding the Destiny Knot again, just a matter of risk versus reward, also could be a round of el stinko results.

I know we are a small community, but I think we are a community of sharing and we help each other grow.
    Last edited by BugCatcher6; 11-20-2013 at 01:37 AM.