Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: So you want to be a Master Breeder 2

  1. #1
    Gym Leader Array BugCatcher6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    (GMT -05:00)
    Posts
    12,608
    Credits
    61,279
    Blog Entries
    2

    Arrow So you want to be a Master Breeder 2

    So You Want To Be A Master Breeder 2

    So 6 years ago I wrote a guide to help people learn to breed Pokémon for new moves and individual values, and I basically left it at that and have been milking the glory ever since ha-ha.

    A lot has changed since then. Power Items have made breeding IVs a given. The Everstone item allows for guaranteed Nature passing. Abilities pass differently now and we have Hidden Abilities.
    After reading guides from around the web and watching youtube videos and laughing, I thought I would update my guide and share some research and facts.

    First off individual values, IVs, by now we know IVs range from 0 to 31 and 31 being the best and what everyone wants unless you are doing a Trick Room team and want a 0 Speed.
    Let’s get started by collecting some items to
    help make your breeding easier.

    Tools of the Trade

    Item Location Description

    Everstone
    Geosenge Town

    Held by Geodude/Graveler/Roggenrola

    When a parent Pokémon holds the Everstone,
    the baby Pokémon is guaranteed to hatch with the nature of the Pokémon holding the Everstone.

    Power Anklet
    Battle Maison - 16 BP
    Holding this item guarantees the Pokémon’s Speed IV passes to its offspring.

    Power Band
    Battle Maison - 16 BP
    Holding this item guarantees the Pokémon’s Special Defense IV passes to its offspring.

    Power Belt
    Battle Maison - 16 BP
    Holding this item guarantees the Pokémon’s Defense IV passes to its offspring.

    Power Bracer
    Battle Maison - 16 BP
    Holding this item guarantees the Pokémon’s Attack IV passes to its offspring.

    Power Lens
    Battle Maison - 16 BP
    Holding this item guarantees the Pokémon’s Special Attack IV passes to its offspring.

    Power Weight
    Battle Maison - 16 BP
    Holding this item guarantees the Pokémon’s Hit Points IV passes to its offspring.

    Destiny Knot
    Cyllage City
    If one of the parents holds the Destiny Knot item,
    then 5 IVs total from either parent will be guaranteed to be transferred to the offspring.


    Hatching
    O-Power
    Cafe Introversion
    Decreases the amount of time it takes to hatch an egg.



    To find this O-Power, you must obtain every other O-Power in the game, and then talk to Mr.O-Power in Cafe Introversion in Lumiose City once you have maximum style.


    Helpful Pokémon

    • Synchronize
      • Abra
      • Kadabra
      • Alakazam
      • Mew (N/A)
      • Natu
      • Xatu
      • Espeon
      • Umbreon
      • Ralts
      • Kirlia
      • Gardevoir
      • Munna
      • Musharna
      • Elgyem (N/A)
      • Beheeyem (N/A)

    • Flame Body
      • Magmar
      • Slugma
      • Magcargo
      • Magby
      • Magmortar
      • Litwick
      • Lampent
      • Chandelure
      • Larvesta
      • Volcarona
      • Fletchinder
      • Talonflame
        • Ponyta (Hidden Ability)
        • Rapidash (Hidden Ability)
        • Moltres (Hidden Ability N/A)
        • Heatran (N/A)

    • Magma Armor
      • Slugma
      • Magcargo
      • Camerupt

    • Ditto


    Last edited by BugCatcher6; 11-20-2013 at 12:57 AM.

  2. #2
    Gym Leader Array BugCatcher6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    (GMT -05:00)
    Posts
    12,608
    Credits
    61,279
    Blog Entries
    2

    Thumbs up

    A Recap on Tools and Pokémon needed:
    So you have a list of everything you need, now what? The changes made to breeding every generation stick around, so let’s recap on some of them. First off with Everstones, if you give a Pokémon the Everstone to hold it will pass that Nature to its offspring 100% of the time.

    Power Items still guarantee the passing of an IV based on the type of Power Item used. It is said that if a father holds a Power Anklet and a mother holds a Power Bracer you are guaranteed to pass the Attack and Speed stat to the offspring, but I have never passed 2 IVs this way, it has always been a 50/50 for me.

    However, with X and Y this can be bypassed with the Destiny Knot. The Destiny Knot item can pass 5 IVs from both parents, that is 5 out of 12 IVs and it picks randomly the 5, so if the parents have good IVs the offspring can be amazing.


    The Hatching O-Power, although to use it on yourself at level 3 will consume 4 energy globes and to use it on your friends will cost 3 energy globes. You can speed up your energy regeneration by walking with your 3DS, 4,000 steps will increase your regeneration by 4x its normal rate.

    Finally let’s look at the Pokémon needed. When it comes to hatching you will need a Flame Body or Magma Armor Pokémon to warm up those eggs and decrease the number of steps needed to hatch them. I recommend one that can also fly, like Volcarona, Fletchinder, or Talonflame.

    Next is a great Ditto collection. Having a Ditto safari and farming it would make for great IVs, since every Ditto from the safari will have 2 stats with a 31 IV. If you don’t have a safari friend with a Ditto you can also find Ditto in the Pokémon Village, but if you check out 3DS Safari Zone thread in the X and Y Chat section you can find my daughter has a Ditto safari and she is very friendly with it.

    However to have a great Ditto collection you will need Natures and to find Natures you will need a good Synchronizer and I recommend Abra, well actually Alakazam. I recommend Alakazam for one reason. Done correctly when you are out looking for Hidden Ability or specific ability mothers, Alakazam will lead as a Synchronizer and then Mega Form into a Trace Ability which copies the wild Pokémon’s ability and tells you what ability it is. :O

    However if you are using it to Synchronize Dittos, make sure it only knows minor moves and no attacks. I keep a separate False Swipe user on hand. My Synchronize Ditto Hunter usually only knows Calm Mind since False Swipe is a physical attack.


    Other X and Y changes:
    A minor change to come with X and Y, but one of my favorites, is now when you catch a female Pokémon and use her in your breeding process your offspring will hatch and be held in the exact same PokéBall that their mother was caught in. This is purely eye candy, but I like it and when you are cracking hundreds of eggs you need something to break up the routine.

    Abilities gained an inheritance chance in B2/W2 and this chance came from the mother. Pokémon with 2 abilities would have an 80% chance to pass the ability the mother currently had and 20% chance for the 2nd ability to pass. This percentage changed when the mother had its Hidden Ability, the Hidden Ability would pass 60% of the time and then 20% for 1st alternate ability and 20% for the 2nd alternate ability.

    As of X and Y the father has the same chances to pass its Hidden Ability if it is breeding with a Ditto only.

    One other major change coming with X and Y has to do with how moves are bred. TMs and HMs are no longer passed when breeding, unless they would happen to be Level Up or Egg Moves. Level Up moves must still be known by both parents, but now Egg Moves may be known by either parents and still pass to the offspring.

    Some previously unavailable move-sets are now legit. This is the only example I can think of off the top of my head, only because this was my face palm moment that someone pointed out to me that Egg Moves can now come from the dad or mom.

    A Hawlucha can learn Agility from Hitmonchan or Hitmontop, but can only learn Baton Pass from Mr. Mime, so you cannot normally have a Hawlucha with Baton Pass and Agility. Now with X and Y with mommies and daddies passing Egg Moves, you take a Hawlucha Male with Baton Pass and breed it with a Hawlucha Female with Agility and you get an offspring with Baton Pass and Agility.
    Last edited by BugCatcher6; 11-20-2013 at 12:59 AM.

  3. #3
    Gym Leader Array BugCatcher6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    (GMT -05:00)
    Posts
    12,608
    Credits
    61,279
    Blog Entries
    2

    Thumbs up

    Male 87.5% Female 12.5% Group
    • Bulbasaur
    • Charmander
    • Squirtle
    • Eevee
    • Omanyte
    • Kabuto
    • Aerodactyl
    • Munchlax
    • Snorlax
    • Chikorita
    • Cyndaquil
    • Totodile
    • Togepi
    • Treecko
    • Torchic
    • Mudkip
    • Lileep
    • Anorith
    • Relicanth
    • Turtwig
    • Chimchar
    • Piplup
    • Cranidos
    • Shieldon
    • Combee
    • Riolu
    • Snivy
    • Tepig
    • Oshawott
    • Pansage
    • Pansear
    • Panpour
    • Tirtouga
    • Archen
    • Zorua
    • Chespin
    • Fennekin
    • Froakie
    • Tyrunt
    • Amaura


    100% Female
    • Nidoran♀
    • Happiny
    • Chansey
    • Kangaskhan
    • Smoochum
    • Miltank
    • Illumise
    • Petilil
    • Vullaby
    • Flabébé


    25% Male 75% Female
    • Cleffa
    • Vulpix
    • Igglybuff
    • Snubbull
    • Corsola
    • Azurill
    • Skitty
    • Luvdisc
    • Glameow
    • Minccino
    • Gothita
    • Litleo


    100% Male

    • Nidoran♂
    • Tyrogue
    • Tauros
    • Volbeat
    • Throh
    • Sawk
    • Rufflet


    75% Male 25% Female
    • Growlithe
    • Abra
    • Machop
    • Elekid
    • Magby
    • Makuhita
    • Timburr


    Baby Pokémon
    Baby Pokémon cannot produce eggs, the exception to this rule is Phione.
    • Pichu - Breed a Male and Female Pikachu together. Also have one Pikachu hold a Light Ball for Pichu to learn Volt Tackle.
    • Cleffa- Breed a Male and Female Clefairy/Clefable together.
    • Igglybuff -Breed a Male and Female Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff together.
    • Togepi - Breed a Male and Female Togetic/Togekiss together.
    • Elekid - Breed a Male and Female Electabuzz/Electivire together.
    • Magby - Breed a Male and Female Magmar/Magmortar together.
    • Smoochum - Breed a Ditto and Female Jynx.
    • Tyrogue - Breed a Ditto and Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan/Hitmontop. If breed with a Female Pokemon the egg will be that of the Female.
    • Azurill - Breed a Male and Female Marill/Azumarill while one parent holds Sea Incense.
    • Wynaut - Breed a Male and Female Wobbuffet while one parent holds Lax Incense.
    • Budew - Breed a Male and Female Roselia/Roserade while one parent holds Rose Incense.
    • Chingling - Breed a Male and Female Chimecho while one parent holds Pure Incense.
    • Bonsly - Breed a Male and Female Sudowoodo while one parent holds Rock Incense.
    • Mime, Jr. - Breed a Male and Female Mr. Mime while one parent holds Odd Incense.
    • Happiny - Breed a Ditto with a Chansey/Blissey while one parent holds Luck Incense.
    • Munchlax - Breed a Male and Female Snorlax while one parent holds Full Incense.
    • Mantyke - Breed a Male and Female Mantine while one parent holds Wave Incense.
    • Riolu - Breed a Male and Female Lucario together.
    • Phione - Breed a Ditto with Manaphy together. Also Phione is the only Pre-Evolution that can breed, but will only produce Phione and never be a Manaphy again.


    Also take note that Azurill is 25% Male 75% Female, but when it evolves into a Marill the ratio becomes 50% Male and 50% Female, so your Female could become a Male.

    Although Nidoran♀ and Illumise are 100% female, they have a 50% chance to produce an egg that will hatch as their 100% Male Nidoran♂ or Volbeat, although the Nidoran♂ or Volbeat cannot produce an egg that would hatch into a Nidoran♀ or Illumise.

    Also Nidorina and Nidoqueen cannot create an egg, while a Nidorino and Nidoking can.
    Last edited by BugCatcher6; 11-27-2013 at 04:05 PM.

  4. #4
    Gym Leader Array BugCatcher6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    (GMT -05:00)
    Posts
    12,608
    Credits
    61,279
    Blog Entries
    2

    Thumbs up

    More to come
    Last edited by BugCatcher6; 11-20-2013 at 01:08 AM.

  5. #5
    Gym Leader Array BugCatcher6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    (GMT -05:00)
    Posts
    12,608
    Credits
    61,279
    Blog Entries
    2

    Thumbs up

    More to come
    Last edited by BugCatcher6; 11-20-2013 at 01:09 AM.

  6. #6
    Gym Leader Array BugCatcher6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    (GMT -05:00)
    Posts
    12,608
    Credits
    61,279
    Blog Entries
    2

    Thumbs up

    More to come
    Last edited by BugCatcher6; 11-20-2013 at 01:09 AM.

  7. #7
    Gym Leader Array BugCatcher6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    (GMT -05:00)
    Posts
    12,608
    Credits
    61,279
    Blog Entries
    2

    Thumbs up

    More to come
    Last edited by BugCatcher6; 11-20-2013 at 01:10 AM.

  8. #8
    Gym Leader Array BugCatcher6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    (GMT -05:00)
    Posts
    12,608
    Credits
    61,279
    Blog Entries
    2

    Thumbs up

    More to come
    Last edited by BugCatcher6; 11-20-2013 at 01:10 AM.

  9. #9
    Gym Leader Array BugCatcher6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    (GMT -05:00)
    Posts
    12,608
    Credits
    61,279
    Blog Entries
    2

    Thumbs up

    More to come
    Last edited by BugCatcher6; 11-20-2013 at 01:10 AM.

  10. #10
    Gym Leader Array BugCatcher6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    (GMT -05:00)
    Posts
    12,608
    Credits
    61,279
    Blog Entries
    2

    Thumbs up

    More to come
    Last edited by BugCatcher6; 11-20-2013 at 01:11 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. The Master Breeder needs help.
    By BugCatcher6 in forum Farmer's Tool Shed
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-03-2008, 07:24 AM
  2. So you want to be a Master Breeder.
    By BugCatcher6 in forum Farmer's Tool Shed
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-01-2008, 12:11 PM
  3. breeder
    By ryanrulz in forum General Trades
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-01-2007, 09:28 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •