Thread: Pokemon Catching Guide Guide

Poke Kid Array
    Credits

Default Pokemon Catching Guide Guide

A Guide to Pokemon Catching Guides

Goal
    Collect together links to and information on the most useful guides to hunting Pokemon on the 'net.

Description
    Anyone who has used the Internet as a Pokemon hunting tool knows that there are literally hundreds of hunting guides out there. No disrespect to the authors, but not all guides are created equal.

So, how do you know where to look? Here's the idea: post to this thread links to the guides that you actually use when you are going hunting for Pokemon. When you need to be reminded what route Smeargle can be found using the Pokeradar in Diamond, where do you go to look it up? That guide is the one we want.

Rules
    - No top-level websites. We all know serebii.net has lots of great information in it - what are guides there that you actually use on a regular basis?
    - Only post links that you actually use while hunting. Just because a guide is interesting or informative or well written doesn't necessarily mean it's useful as a reference.
    - If more than one person posts a guide, I'll add it to this top post.

The Guides
    (until folks post theirs, I'll just start with mine)

• Pokemon Diamond and Pearl by Jason Howell
      One of the best all-around guides out there. The encounter tables are clear and easy to find, and the document is easier to get around in than a lot of other guides.
    • Series Pokemon Catching Guide by Spoon
      Every Pokemon, and how to get them, in every version. Easily the most comprehensive and accessible list I've found.
    • Finding Those Shinies by our very own shadow3944 & Merbear
      A collection of several posts on how to use the Pokeradar for shiny hunting!

So, what guides do you use?
    Last edited by paladin; 12-08-2007 at 11:41 PM.
    -Paladin

the unown keep their secrets well
    seeking for 'dex data: -Articuno- -Raiku- -Entei- -Lugia- -Deoxys- -Ho-oh- -Celebi- -Jirachi- // thanks, Viscosity for the PokéPin!

Credits
    Blog Entries

We have one here at PokeFarm, Finding Those Shinies. It shows the guides made by shadow3944 & Merbear. Also by its title it shows how to hunt shinies. Also your link to the Prima Guide takes you to Amazon.com. I would remove that link or face infractions.

Also the Prima guide, which I have it and several other guides, has alot of inaccurate information. If I want to hunt a certain Pokemon I just hit up Serebii.

Poke Kid Array
    Credits

lol

Well, that's clear enough! Amazon linked redacted!
    -Paladin

the unown keep their secrets well
    seeking for 'dex data: -Articuno- -Raiku- -Entei- -Lugia- -Deoxys- -Ho-oh- -Celebi- -Jirachi- // thanks, Viscosity for the PokéPin!