Thread: Web Slinging Spinaraks

Torrent Gym Leader/Head Farmer Array Deneves's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Default Web Slinging Spinaraks

While Sewaddle gets the cute moniker of being the sewing pokémon, Spinarak gets the less attractive String Spit Pokémon. While that does sound very appealing, in Pokemon X & Y there is a more productive use for its secretions on the battlefield. It is one of the few pokémon that can be bred with the new move Sticky Web which is an entry hazard that slows down any pokémon entering the battle. These six legged spiders have a Bug/Poison typing and evolve into Ariados at level 22. Ariados has a pretty good Attack, but is not very fast. It can make up for this with its level-up priority moves Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch. I have bred these with an Adamant (+Attack, - SpAttack) nature to maximize its Attack stat.
    Spinarak's hidden ability is Sniper. While the power of critical moves has dropped in this generation from 200% to 133%, Sniper boosts the power of Critical Hits to 225%. Swarm boosts the power of its Bug attacks by 50% when its HP falls below 1/3 and Insomnia prevents it from being put to sleep.

These Spinaraks come with the following moves:

• Sticky Web - Bug - An entry hazard that lowers an opponent's speed by one stage (33%) upon switching into the battle after this move has been used.
    • Cross Poison - Poison - Power 70, Accuracy 100 - Poison Jab is more powerful with a higher chance of poisoning and can be learned by TM or level-up, but I bred these with Cross Poison because it has a higher Critical Hit ratio.
    • Night Slash - Dark - Power 70, Accuracy 100 - While fighting pokémon have trouble against this little guy, Ghosts don't fear his Bug or Poison attacks. Night Slash gives it an attack to counter them along with a high Critical Hit ratio.
    • Megahorn - Bug - Power 120, Accuracy 85 - Still the most dangerous bug type move, despite the chance of Pin Missile (level-up move) hitting 5 times. If the accuracy concerns you team it with Hone Claws to boost its Attack and Accuracy

These all have IVs of 31/31/31/X/31/31.

Sniper ♀ 5/7 (Sabin, Underfudge)
    Sniper ♂ 5/7 (Killerjeff88, Kurt)
    Swarm ♀ 5/5
    Swarm ♂ 0/1 (Bugcatcher6)
    Insomnia ♀ 3/3
    Insomnia ♂ 0/1 (Kaze)

Since their Ariados' Speed is relatively low at base 40, if you would prefer one without the 31 speed to use in a Trick Room Scenario, let me know. I have plenty of them.

These are in my Pokemon Y game and if you haven't registered me then leave your friend code in the post along with a nickname if you prefer. My Friend code is 2466-2668-6626.
    I'm not looking for any particular pokemon. If there is something you bred, that is great, other than that just send over something you don't want. Heart Scales are always appreciated in this generation as I bypass many level up moves to keep the egg moves intact during breeding.
    Last edited by Deneves; 05-06-2014 at 08:19 PM.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Sabin's Avatar
    Credits

I'll take a sniper named Shelob
    Thanks

Pokemon Trainer Student Array UnderFudge's Avatar
    Credits

Sniper ♀ please!

Can she be named "Natalia" please

Next Event: Sea Side Shellos

Credits
    Blog Entries

I got a female from you earlier, but could I get any male from you as well just because of the high level-up moves? IVs are negligible - whatever you have most of is fine.

Pokemon Trainer in Waiting Array God Kaze's Avatar
    Credits

Could I have the male Insomnia?
    3DS Friend Code: 0877-1724-0771

Credits
    Blog Entries

Could I get the male Swarm nicknamed Creeps.

Circuit Gym Assistant Array Killerjeff88's Avatar
    Credits

Sniper Male named SirAssasin please