Thread: Mega Bugs: Heracross

Torrent Gym Leader/Head Farmer Array Deneves's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Default Mega Bugs: Heracross

Heracross is one of three bugs that received a mega evolution in Pokemon X & Y. Heracronite is found in Santalune Forest in Pokemon Y after defeating the Elite Four. With a Mega-Evolution Heracross' base Attack reaches a staggering 185. Its defenses both get a nice boost, but its speed does not. These Heracross are bred with an Adamant (+Attack, -SpAttack) nature to get the most out of this attack boost.
    Heracross' hidden ability is Moxie. Moxie boosts its Attack one stage (50%) each time it knocks out an opponent. Swarm boosts the power of its Bug attacks by 50% when its HP falls below 1/3. Guts raises its Attack by 50% when it is suffering from a status condition (Parlysis, Burn, Sleep or Poison) and ignores the Attack drop from a Burn. No matter what Heracross' ability is once you mega evolve it the ability will change to Skill Link which makes all multi-strike moves that strike 2-5 times always connect five times. Heracross learns the multi-strike movess Pin Missile (Bug), Fury Attack (Normal), Arm Thrust (Fighting) and Bullet Seed (Grass) either by leveling up or with the Move Reminder in Dendemille Town.
    Heracross is a Fighting/Bug type and these come with the following egg/level up moves:

• Close Combat - Fighting (STAB) - Power 120, Accuracy 100 - The user fights up close without guarding itself causing severe damage . but lowering its Defense and Special Defense one stage.
    • Revenge - Fighting (STAB) - Power 60, Accuracy 100 - A negative speed priority move, meaning it usually goes after the opponent's attack, that doubles its damage if Heracross has been hurt by the opponent on the same turn. If your opponent attacks you, this gives you the same damage as Close Combat without the drop to your defenses.
    • Megahorn - Bug (STAB) - Power 120, Accuracy 85 - Heracross' signature attack is overshadowed by Pin Missile once it mega evolves, but is still its most formidable Bug attack prior to it.
    • Rock Blast - Rock - Power 25, Accuracy 90 - Hits 2-5 times (always five once it Mega evolves) and makes Flying types unwilling to switch-in

These all have IVs of 31/31/31/X/31/31.

Keep in mind once these mega evolve they will all have the Skill Link ability

Moxie ♀ 5/8 (UnderFudge, GoldChico, Sasuke715)
    Moxie ♂ 1/4 (Kaze, Killerjeff88, Sabin)
    Swarm ♀ 2/2
    Swarm ♂ 3/4 (Kurt)
    Guts ♀ 2/2
    Guts ♂ 3/4 (Alirrath)

These are in my Pokemon Y game and if you haven't registered me then leave your friend code in the post along with a nickname if you prefer. My Friend code is 2466-2668-6626.
    I'm not looking for any particular pokemon. If there is something you bred, that is great, other than that just send over something you don't want. Heart Scales are always appreciated in this generation as I bypass many level up moves to keep the egg moves intact during breeding.
    Last edited by Deneves; 05-03-2014 at 03:10 PM.

Pokemon Trainer in Waiting Array God Kaze's Avatar
    Credits

I'll take a male Moxie plz.
    3DS Friend Code: 0877-1724-0771

Pokemon Trainer Student Array UnderFudge's Avatar
    Credits

Moxie ♀ please.

Can she be named Margret?

Next Event: Sea Side Shellos

Circuit Gym Assistant Array Killerjeff88's Avatar
    Credits

Moxie Male named "Major Pain" pls XD

Pokemon Trainer Student Array GoldChico's Avatar
    Credits

Moxie Female, please.

I can't keep it up with you guys LOL

Credits
    Blog Entries

I'd like one of the Swarm males, please - no nickname needed.

Dust Devil Gym Leader Array Alirrath's Avatar
    Credits

can i have a male guts named Needle Man
    0018 - 1785 - 1310

Alirrath

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Sabin's Avatar
    Credits

Can I get a male Moxie named Grendel

Pokemon Trainer Student Array sasuke715's Avatar
    Credits

Moxie female please, no nickname required