Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Tournament Discussion

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UnderFudge View Post
    And Bug Types!
    Oh now you are just trying to earn brownie points. haha

I would like to make them all double tournaments and have single battles a specialty thing.

Nintendo does more with double formats and less in singles.

If we adapted the VGC style for everything, then there would be less need to argue over Smogon rule changes.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array UnderFudge's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    Oh now you are just trying to earn brownie points. haha
    You're right!

Bugs are more of a summer thing!

Cicadas and Dragonflies!

Next Event: Sea Side Shellos

Pokemon Trainer in Waiting Array God Kaze's Avatar
    Credits

I'm not sure about anyone else on the forum, but I still personally prefer singles over doubles. Could we do half-and-half? If there's a problem with Smogon's rules we could always make our own adjustments for that tournament.
    3DS Friend Code: 0877-1724-0771

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by God Kaze View Post
    I'm not sure about anyone else on the forum, but I still personally prefer singles over doubles. Could we do half-and-half? If there's a problem with Smogon's rules we could always make our own adjustments for that tournament.
    I don't want to sound like a jerk, but every time I try to forget Smogon, someone brings up, this is not how Smogon does it.

Don't get me wrong, Smogon has done more for the META game than any site or forum, but they are not the authority.

Smogons facts are based on a simulator. Most of some of the things they have banned to UBER only, I have not seen being an issue in my battles in wi-fi. A lot of it is nonexistent in the doubles format.

The one thing I have always felt that was lacking on PokéFarm is discussion. Most people look at discussions as an argument. As long as the discussion stays on topic, has no name calling, no personal attacks, and disagreeing just for the sake of disagreeing, discussions get a lot done.

This thread is actually one of the first threads in awhile that has stayed civil, has multiple members making suggestions, and I cant' wait for someone to reply with something that changes my thoughts completely, which most of the post have.

I love being able to discuss and hear everyone's thoughts.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Monthly Tournaments

1. January - Breeder’s Cup - Baby/Hatchling Singles
    2. February - Beacon’s Honor - Singles
    3. March - Spring Classic - Grass & Fairy Types
    4. April -
    5. May -
    6. June - Summer Classic - Singles
    7. July - Bantam Cup - Little Cup Doubles
    8. August -
    9. September - Fall Classic - Singles
    10. October - Shenanigans - Ghost, Dark, and Bug Types
    11. November - Regional Tournament - Singles
    12. December - Winter Classic - Singles

I made the following changes to the original list in post #1, but before I change it there I wanted some feedback.

I know moving the Spring Classic back to March means we will not have it this year.

I do feel that a Grass and Fairy themed tournament would be better in a Double Format, since most Fairy and some Grass have abilities suited best for doubles.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array sasuke715's Avatar
    Credits

If we adapted the VGC style for everything, then there would be less need to argue over Smogon rule changes.
    If you adapt VGC to everything, people won't play the game as much. Everyone likes some freedom towards playing the game. VGC style to everything would be a hassle since people like the liberty of breeding their own teams from previous gens. It's not ridiculous, but its not to most peoples liking. Personally, I hate VGC style. I don't like being limited to a certain number of pokemon to use. I have no problem breeding Kalos pokemon, but I also like previous gen pokemon (Zoroark, Aerodactyl etc).

Don't get me wrong, Smogon has done more for the META game than any site or forum, but they are not the authority.

Smogons facts are based on a simulator. Most of some of the things they have banned to UBER only, I have not seen being an issue in my battles in wi-fi. A lot of it is nonexistent in the doubles format.

"Yes, smogon isn't authority but they do play a huge role in the meta game. It does prevent the same routines of battles passed over and over. Uber-ing Swag Play for example, was something I agreed with. It involves too much hax which invokes a lot of luck to be used. I say "hax" because that's what the term is called and I will use the correct term for it. Swag Play is one of the most annoying things I've seen. Shadow Tag Gengar for example, I don't agree with since it has many counters such as Aegislash with weakness policy, Choice band Azumarill + Huge Power Aqua Jet, and the newest and second best special counter that can come in comparison to Blissey ,Florges. Smogon has some bans I do disagree with and some that I don't such as Mega Lucario and Mega Gengar. Mega Khanga yes I agree because Mega Khanga can gain a HUGE boost of attack thanks to Parental bond + Power up Punch. You may not like Smogon but the facts are there, Smogon indeed plays a huge role in the game of pokemon. That's my opinion btw and just voicing it out there."

Credits

VGC has it's pros and cons of course. But the fact that you can only pick 4 out of the 6 pokemon isn't fair plus not every one likes doubles so theres a clear disadvantage. Smogon is just a bunch of people making rules up. No one says you need to follow them. Yes they do point out some good points like Mega Khan and Mega Blaziken. But smogon can be annoying to follow =~= just my opinion. Also at your point , Buzz, by adapting VGC rules we're taking away the ban from mega khan,gengar,lucario, swagger , sleep clause. I'm not sure about you but i really do hate having 2 pokemons asleep. one pokemon is already bad enough I'd say we should be have a bit of both but not too much of vgc just saying. :3333
    FC:4720-0491-7022
    ^Click to go to my YouTube Chanel^

Credits

Why can't we make our own PokéFarm Clauses based other sites and our own meta game?

Pokemon Trainer Student Array sasuke715's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by UnderFudge View Post
    Why can't we make our own PokéFarm Clauses based other sites and our own meta game?
    Pokefarm follows the same battle clauses smogon does. The only difference is the tier system we use here. Lets say Gastrodon (which is now OU on smogon) would be UU here. We don't have also the super bans that smogon has which is good. This part is determined by the admin themselves. Now our own separate tournaments are different, we can make our own meta game and rules, but again, most people follow smogon but you don't have to follow it. That would be your choice on what to follow

Credits

Quote Originally Posted by sasuke715 View Post
    Pokefarm follows the same battle clauses smogon does. The only difference is the tier system we use here. Lets say Gastrodon (which is now OU on smogon) would be UU here. We don't have also the super bans that smogon has which is good. This part is determined by the admin themselves. Now our own separate tournaments are different, we can make our own meta game and rules, but again, most people follow smogon but you don't have to follow it. That would be your choice on what to follow
    What I'm saying is we should have a modified Battle Clause system in place for all forms of battling since many people dislike Smogon's bans and other dislike the lack of rules in VCG.
    If we can combine and alter the two rule-sets for Tournaments and Gym Battles so we can get the most out of all battles.