View Poll Results: Spawn I's Base Stats should be?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • 160/65/65/110/110/30-540

2 40.00%
  • 115/65/65/135/135/30-545

3 60.00%

Thread: Poké Academy: Spawn I Base Stat Line

Credits
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Poké Academy: Spawn I Base Stat Line

This is where we get to start building the base stat line for our Spawn I. Some things to remember when posting your base stats, the total of the stats can only be in the range of 526-545 (friend of Blissey, Togekiss, and Snorlax). Also remember that the role selected for Spawn I was his strengths are mixed and Base Stats for Attacking and Defense are balanced. His power lies with Special and SP.ATK and SP.DEF Base Stats are the dominant stats. To end it his Speed was voted to be Slow (<60 speed).

So basically SP.ATK and SP.DEF should be higher then ATK and DEF and SP.ATK and SP.DEF should be within 0-20 points of each other. And his speed can be 0-59.

Spawn I Recap

Recap on Spawn I

Concept: Alpha Weather Pokémon

Concept: "Alpha Weather Pokémon"
    Description: A Pokémon that can fit into any weather team and be a weather starter.
    Justification: With the lack of weather starting Pokémon, be it auto or manual, a multi-weather Pokémon would be amazing.
    Questions To Be Answered:

• Could one Pokémon survive in all weather conditions?
    • What would this Pokémon do other then weather?
    • Can an ultimate weather Pokémon boost some lesser-used Pokémon play ability?
    • Would this Pokémon do anything once the weather is gone?
    • Would one weather still dominate over the others?

Explanation: A Pokémon that could fill the role of weather starter on multiple teams would change how the rest of your team could act without having to rely on multiple Pokémon to auto-start or manually start the weather for your team. Being able to start weather and retreat to start again would be the goal and trick of this Pokémon.

Type: Steel
    Ability 1:
    Squall

Ability Description: Changes Type and Ability to match held rock.

Detailed Description: Squall is hard coded to only work for Spawn I. The wielder changes its type on switching in depending on the Rock held—each Rock corresponds to a different ability also. The wielder is immune to all item removal effects, so long as it is holding a Rock: Covet, Knock Off, Switcheroo, Thief, and Trick. If the wielder is not currently holding a Rock, it cannot be given one by means of Bestow, Switcheroo, or Trick. This ability can't be copied, replaced, or changed by Mummy, Role Play, Skill Swap, Trace, or similar effects. It cannot be suppressed by Gastro Acid or Worry Seed.

Ability Changes: The following changes happen while Spawn I is a holding a Stone.

• Smooth Rock
      • Spawn I's ability becomes Sand Stream and type is changed to Steel/Rock

• Damp Rock
      • Spawn I's ability becomes Drizzel and type is changed to Steel/Water

• Heat Rock
      • Spawn I's ability becomes Drought and type is changed to Steel/Fire

• Icy Rock
      • Spawn I's ability becomes Snow Warning and type is changed to Steel/Ice

Hidden Ability: Forecast

Ability Description: This Pokémon’s type and figure change with the weather.

The process of finding a role for our Spawn is different. We are looking for general areas to put our stats in.

So once again this will be a BOLD vote. Just copy and paste and highlight your selection.

Role

• Strengths
      • Mixed - Base Stats for Attacking and Defense are balanced.

• Power
      • Special - SP.ATK and SP.DEF Base Stats are the dominant stats.

• Speed
      • Slow (<60 speed) - Slow and steady.

• Base Stat Total
      • 526-545 (friend of Blissey, Togekiss, and Snorlax)
    Last edited by BugCatcher6; 04-21-2014 at 02:32 PM.

Credits
    Blog Entries

My entry

Hit Points Attack Defense Special Attack Special Defense Speed Total
    160 65 65 110 110 30 540

Basically since 526-545 was a Friend of Snorlax category, I took Snorlax's Base Stat line and switched the ATK and SP.ATK. I guess with 5 points leftover you could add it to DEF.

110 Base SP.DEF is 178 SP.DEF stat points at level 50 with max EVs, IV, and boosting Nature. So in Sand Stream form that would make him Steel/Rock and boost SP.DEF to a nasty 267 SP.DEF. Plus Spawn I could have 267 HP with max EVs and IV.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array UnderFudge's Avatar
    Credits

Hit Points Attack Defense Special Attack Special Defense Speed Total
    115 65 65 135 135 30 545

I wanted this to be similar to Castform at first so I looked at its base stats, 420 with 70 for each stat.

To adjust it to our 526-545 bracket, I started with the speed stat by looking for the slowest Weather Starter, which was Mega Abomasnow with a stat of 30.
    From there I looked up the highest base stats for Special Defence and settled with Blissey's 135 Special Defence as it's a friend of Blissey.
    I then gave it 135 Special Attack to go with it's Special Defence.
    That left me with 70 Health, Attack and Defence and a remaining 245 points to add.
    I then removed 5 points from Attack and Defence and I added them to Health (80).
    This then meant I had 35 points left which I gave to Health, making it a little more bulky then Gastrodon (111 Health).

153 Base SP.DEF is 205 at level 50 with max EVs, IVs and boosting nature and in sandstorm it should have 307 SP.DEF and with max HP EVs, 222 HP.

Next Event: Sea Side Shellos

Credits
    Blog Entries

I am going to add the poll tomorrow, so if you want to create a stat line for the poll please get it done soon.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Poll is up, vote.

Credits
    Blog Entries

I will most likely not be on at all this weekend, so vote and remind people to vote.

Credits
    Blog Entries

I am going to close this thread and give the following info on how the base stat ratings looking.

This will also help determine if we stayed within our guidelines of Spawn I's role of mixed/special/slow.

• PT - Physical Tank
      • 128.336 - Good

• ST - Special Tank
      • 253.53 - Amazing

• PS - Physical Sweep
      • 60.9024 - Poor

• SS - Special Sweep
      • 100.862 - Above Average

• BSR - Base Stat Rating
      • 293.53 - Good