Thread: Dungeon Destard Vault

Credits
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Dungeon Destard Vault

So I know many people keep their teams a secret, but as a gym leader I don't have that luxury.

Once I battle one forum member my team becomes known and can be shared. Unless I have multiple teams at my disposal, but my team still has that new team smell and I am slow on making changes.

Anyway I would like to use this thread to post some gym battles, with my opponents permission of course.

Archived Valor Gym Battles

Date Trainers Search Code

03/25/2014
    RitualxZero
    Vs
    BugCatcher6

DA2G-WWWW-WWW6-DA59

03/25/2014
    RitualxZero
    Vs
    BugCatcher6

93YW-WWWW-WWW6-DA4W

Credits
    Blog Entries

So my first battles to share are from the gym battle I had with RitualxZero.
    I don't have our 2nd battle, the one I lost, because I was more focused on a strategy he was using and he did not use it in the 2nd battle. I wish now I did save all 3, because I want these to be learning tools, so all 3 battles could have shown how sometimes following a strategy that runs on multiple components working together to be successful, may be the death or success of a team.

Any comments, please don't mock or be rude.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Gengar's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    Once I battle one forum member my team becomes known and can be shared.
    Can be shared doesn't mean it will be, per-say. I'd like to think that everyone here has the decency to not reveal a Leader's team to other potential contenders. Wasn't that an established rule years ago when the original Gyms were open?
    Y: 5129 - 1899 - 9166
    The Castaways: Under maintenance

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gengar View Post
    [/CENTER]
    Can be shared doesn't mean it will be, per-say. I'd like to think that everyone here has the decency to not reveal a Leader's team to other potential contenders. Wasn't that an established rule years ago when the original Gyms were open?
    You would be surprised what goes on in private. There is no way to enforce what people say in PMs, Skype, or anything not in the main forum or VM.

Dust Devil Gym Leader Array Alirrath's Avatar
    Credits

New name for the thread! Are there dragons and ancient wyrms here?
    0018 - 1785 - 1310

Alirrath

Pokemon Trainer in Waiting Array Mario's Avatar
    Credits

I love the fact that XY let you have mockup battles out of a video! It becomes a real training material. I thank you for posting this for us that want to learn battling. Once I'm done training my last couple Pokes I'd like to give it a try against your gym

Credits
    Blog Entries

As with the Poké Academy I wanted to design my gym to be a learning experience. I saw that the top battlers in all the VGC style battles have been Japanese players, minus when it is a live American VGC battle, but everything online has been dominated by Japanese players.

So I wanted to get better myself and set the gym up to hopefully get people interested in this style and to get better in the process.

I know in the X/Y Beta challenge my team was a 50/50 team. I am doing a little better right now in the gym, but I have not seen a lot of the tactics and strategy like what was used in the X/Y Beta and even back in the B/W challenges.

I was worried about showing my team, but I do have a bit of an ego that I think I can win against the odds if I can get my opponent playing my game and frustrated.

The loss to Viperizer was tough, it was actually the first battle I had that was not stacked with the Top 10 Pokémon. Not that every battle has been the top 10 most used Pokémon, but Viperizer's team was the first that actually used none from the top 10, that I can remember of his team.

The loss to Ryan493 was another battle was not the usual suspects, so by the time I adjust it was game over. I also think if I did not try and muscle up against Ryan I may have fared better. I am not sure I could have pulled out a win, but maybe stretched it to 3 battles.

RitualxZero's strategy, I know he uses the word gimmick but I don't like using words like gimmick and hax. It takes away from the planning that went into building a team that functions together in a Dark Void set or even a team with high flinch chances or confusion.

My first Beacon Gym was looked at as a hax team, but I won with it and people will toss those words out to try and get into your head.

Now for the videos, the dreaded no sleep clause in VGC. Good tactic if you can have lady luck on your side. This is the first time I had a Gengar Shadow Tag and use Perish Song.

For this to work it depends on both Pokémon to stay asleep, but as you see Gengar had no attacks, so this makes Gengar a stall Pokémon.

To me the reason the tactic may have failed is because of Shadow Tag and Perish Song. Stalling is not ideal in Doubles, but the main thing that makes sleep dangerous is, some trainers freak out and switch to get an awake Pokémon into battle, which also restarts the sleep counter on your sleeping Pokémon.

So if your opponent is allowed to switch, that plays into your favor.

Solid tactic, but I think with a bit of tweaking it could be nasty. Like maybe bring Gengar out after Dark Void so you can switch Smeargle out and bring in an attacker to have his fun on sleeping trapped opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Alirrath View Post
    New name for the thread! Are there dragons and ancient wyrms here?
    And when I have time, the serpents will be coming.