View Poll Results: Which concept Pokémon should be created?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alpha Weather Pokémon

5 71.43%
  • First Pokemon

2 28.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poké Academy: Spawn I Concept

Credits
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Poké Academy: Spawn I Concept

So I am going to start a new Spawn and see if anyone else is going to get involved. So I am going to change the process this time to creating a new Pokémon and not an evolution of an already created Pokémon, or a mega form, or even pre-evo stages.

We will create a final stage Pokémon, all ready to battle.

However first we are going to find our concept for our project.

To copy Smogon, 1 submission per person, if you want to make changes edit your post. Also don't copy another concept that has been posted already. Also please try not to bring in types or specific abilities into the concept. Saying a STAB electric attack would be best, or this Dragon, or immune to Dragon attacks.

Also please stay away from description a Pokémon's looks, like a super fast orange Poké.

So we want to do use the following format.

• Name - Don't get too clever with the name. If the essence of the concept is not intuitively obvious in the name, then you are hurting your chances of people understanding it. If the essence of your concept cannot be expressed in a few words, then you need to seriously re-evaluate your concept. Description - This is the official description of the concept, and must follow ALL the content rules listed above. Do not make this a long description. Long descriptions are invariably too specific or too convoluted. Keep it short. Any more than a sentence or two is TOO MUCH. Do NOT include your Explanation of the concept in the Description. See "Explanation" below.
    • Justification - A few sentences describing how the concept satisfies one or more of the followingo not make up your own categories for justification. If you cannot justify your concept against at least one of the three requirements above, then your concept is illegal for the CAP project.
      • Has a positive effect on the metagame (e.g Fidgit’s Pure Utility)
      • Allows us to learn more about the metagame (e.g Kitsunoh’s Ultimate Scout)
      • Introduces a new niche in the metagame (such as Arghonaut’s Decentralizer)

• Questions To Be Answered - The purpose of the CAP project is to learn new things about the metagame, and each concept submission is a proposed "experiment". List out a few interesting competitive questions that should be answered after properly implementing your concept. At the conclusion of the CAP project, these questions will be revisited to see how well we implemented the concept. If your questions are not significant, relevant to your Justification, and well-written -- then your concept will be rejected.
    • Explanation - This can contain just about anything. This is where you can explain your concept without restraint. You may make suggestions, even specific suggestions, regarding the possible implementation of the Concept. This explanation should help facilitate discussion of the Concept -- but the Explanation is NOT part of the Concept and will be omitted from the polls and any future use of the Concept. Since your explanation is non-binding, regarding future polls and threads, it will not be evaluated for purposes of determining if your concept is legal or illegal.

Good Concepts from Past Projects

• "Pure Utility Pokemon"
    • "Anti-Ghost Rapid Spinner"
    • "True Garchomp Counter"
    • "Great Lead Pokemon"
    • "Ultimate Weather Abuser"
    • "Status Counter"

Bad Concepts from Past Projects

• "Ice-Resisting Dragon"
    • "Super Luck User"
    • "STAB Explosion Glass Cannon"
    • "Auto-Stealth Rock Remover"
    • "A Pokemon with Special Intimidate"
    • "Pyrokinetic Pokemon (Fire/Psychic)"
    • "Special Guts"
    • "Typing Means Nothing"

Credits
    Blog Entries

Concept: "Alpha Weather Pokémon"
    Description: A Pokémon that can fit into any weather team and be a weather starter.
    Justification: With the lack of weather starting Pokémon, be it auto or manual, a multi-weather Pokémon would be amazing.
    Questions To Be Answered:

• Could one Pokémon survive in all weather conditions?
    • What would this Pokémon do other then weather?
    • Can an ultimate weather Pokémon boost some lesser-used Pokémon play ability?
    • Would this Pokémon do anything once the weather is gone?
    • Would one weather still dominate over the others?

Explanation: A Pokémon that could fill the role of weather starter on multiple teams would change how the rest of your team could act without having to rely on multiple Pokémon to auto-start or manually start the weather for your team. Being able to start weather and retreat to start again would be the goal and trick of this Pokémon.

Credits

I copy from my dads post.

Concept: "First Pokemon"
    Description: A Pokémon that can use move first move.
    Justification: Speed is always nice.
    Questions To Be Answered:

• can a pokemon be good with move first attacks?
    • is speed better then power?
    • could this be walled?
    • would move first moves weaken a move pool?
    • does a cleanup pokemon have a purpose?

Explanation: A pokemon that can use move first attacks could change a battle quick. Making some prankster pokemon less annoying.

Credits
    Blog Entries

So with no other concepts being added, I am going to move forward.

Vote for the concept that you would like to see come to life.

Poll is over in 3 days.

Credits
    Blog Entries

2 days left to vote.

Everyone can vote and participate.

Credits
    Blog Entries

1 day left to vote.

Credits
    Blog Entries

The poll is closed and to save on making another short thread I am just going to finish the concept discussion here.

So far nobody has contributed more then voting, that is cool I love to talk and I am use to playing games by myself.

So for this concept we need to look at what would make this Pokémon the best weather starter.

So looking forward we know at most we could have 3 Auto Weather Abilities on this Pokémon, 2 normal abilities and 1 hidden ability. However we could do a Pokémon that is like Basculin and have 4 abilities. Or we could make a form change that would bring on a new ability, like Shaymin. Or we could do a gender difference like Espurr.

So to go a 4 ability route we would be really making 2 Pokémon in each of the 3 options or just 1 regular Pokémon.

Looking at Auto-weather starting Pokémon, we already have,

Sun - Mega Charizard-Y, Groudon, Vulpix, and Ninetales
    Rain - Kyogre and Politoed
    Sand - Tyranitar, Mega Tyranitar, Hippopotas, and Hippowdon
    Hail - Snover, Abomasnow, Mega Abomasnow, Amaura, and Aurorus

Amaura, and Aurorus are not released yet and Rain has no Little Cup user.

So going forward I would like to focus on the normal 3 ability Pokémon, or the Basculin style, Shaymin style, or Espurr.

Which I think really the Espurr style would create an issue like say stage 1 has Snow Warning, Drizzle, and HA Ice Body, then the male could have Snow Warning, Drizzle, and HA Sand Stream and the female Snow Warning, Drizzle, and HA Drought.

Or that is even a possibility as well. A Pokémon with 1 auto-weather ability and secondary ability and hidden ability that would work in other weathers. Say a Pokémon with Drizzle, Chlorophyll, and HA Sand Rush.

So I am going to let this up for a day or so before moving on to type discussion.

Please enter your thoughts on what an alpha weather Pokémon should be like.

Credits
    Blog Entries

What if it's a new signature ability that sets the weather based on another factor?
    Examples:
    - Like Protean, the weather is changed based on the type of the Pokemon's attack (Fire = sunlight, Water = rain, etc.)
    - When the Pokemon is sent out, weather is activated based on the type of the last ally (attack/Pokemon) used.
    - When the Pokemon is sent out, weather is activated based on the Pokemon's held item (for which we'd require a new item for each weather effect, similar to Arceus's plates and how they affect type).

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    What if it's a new signature ability that sets the weather based on another factor?
    Examples:
    - Like Protean, the weather is changed based on the type of the Pokemon's attack (Fire = sunlight, Water = rain, etc.)
    - When the Pokemon is sent out, weather is activated based on the type of the last ally (attack/Pokemon) used.
    - When the Pokemon is sent out, weather is activated based on the Pokemon's held item (for which we'd require a new item for each weather effect, similar to Arceus's plates and how they affect type).
    Weather is dependent on which rock Spawn I is holding, Damp Rock = Drizzle, Heat Rock = Drought, Icy Rock = Hail, and Smooth Rock = Sandstorm. Which would make each weather automatically 8 turns.

That is a good idea. Would save on making a complex Pokémon.

She Will, She Will, Rock You Array Sorgatani's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

One of my early ideas (never tested) for a multi-weather Doubles team involved building the whole team around Mamoswine which was immune to SandStorm and Hail damage. In Gen IV, that was a rare trait. Not so rare nowadays.

Overspecialization leads to predictability, so is this Spawn going to be a one-trick gimmick?
    Will there be 'the usual set', perhaps Blizzard/SolarBeam/WeatherBall/Hurricane?
    Credit for Michigan Toed image goes to thefuriousangel
    Credit for Jester Politoed image goes to N0t2f34r
    Sorgatani's Pokemon Collection