Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Mana Caverns (Battle Discussions)

Mana Gym Leader Array Slizer107's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Default The Mana Caverns (Battle Discussions)

Modern day gyms no longer follow the norm of simply being a building with a puzzle inside, with a new generation of gyms we decided to make it interesting. Between Ambrette Town and Cyllage City on Route 8 the force of the waves crashing against the rocks on stormy nights, a cavern had opened up. As a new gym leader searching Kalos for the most beautiful locations to create my new gym, I was in awe of the beauty that the sea had created in these rocks. As I walked into the cavern I was taken aback by the sheer size of the cavern and how over time the water had not only created the cavern, but it had eroded away pathways in the rock to discover.

I felt water drop from the roof of the magnificent cavern, left over from a storm the night before and I had a sudden realization. This was perfect conditions for my collection of gym Pokémon, I reached into my pocket and grabbed Archimedes pokeball and threw it, instantly Archimedes eyes widened, taking in the sights of the cavern, flying to each and every corner with excitement. Next I reached for Sombrero's pokeball and threw it to the ground, Sombrero instantly sat on the floor, looking more relaxed than ever enjoying the water dropping from the roof, nourishing him. One by one each Pokémon was allowed to search the cavern and each responded perfectly, this was almost too perfect for them.

"I guess I have no choice but to set up here then!"

As you can tell I am not studying creative writing at university aha, but I do hope you enjoyed the short, and slightly cringey story! In short, the Mana Caverns is where the battles take place and where we can discuss the battles (a more detailed battle discussion will be posted in here, where the Tombs is the result and a short comment!
    Use to be the site pest, the a gym leader and at times both!
    I would say I am an old member... but I joined when I was 12, so 6 years down the line I am only 18...

Credits
    Blog Entries

Default 3-0 vs Ryan493

Well! First battle of the Mana Gym and wow, what an amazing battle! Our battles always seem to be close and despite the score I must say it was a very close battle, I was on the edge of my seat at the end but luckily Sombrero had put in some amazing work earlier in the game! I am so happy that the first battle was such a heated battle and a very fair one, the hax that you did get were minimal and not all that important! Good luck next time!
    I would say I am an old member... but I joined when I was 12, so 6 years down the line I am only 18...

Credits
    Blog Entries

Default 1-0 vs Sasuke715

I must say I didn't expect to win that game, especially with the two crits in a row against MakeItRain! and Hazardos but things somehow managed to turn in my favour, the constant battle between Drought and Drizzle I must say was insanely annoying but very effective for you! Luckily MakeItRain pulled through for me! I would say good luck next time, but you don't really need much more luck ;D

Dust Devil Gym Leader Array Alirrath's Avatar
    Credits

I'm a bit jealous I haven't had a challenge yet :P
    0018 - 1785 - 1310

Alirrath

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alirrath View Post
    I'm a bit jealous I haven't had a challenge yet :P
    The joys of skype! But ive told them both to challenge you!

Credits
    Blog Entries

Default 2-0 vs Ryan493

Wow, once again an amazing battle! We always seem to be equally matched and I absolutely love it, that game was back and forth the whole time I never knew which way it was going to go! I am kind of glad that my team threw you off a little *cough* SassyMama *cough* its what I love about battling, being unexpected! You had a very solid team, one that anyone would be proud of, but you know, fear the rain! Good luck next time!

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Ryan493's Avatar
    Credits

Credits
    Blog Entries

Default 4-0 vs Sassuke715

Wow, that was a very fun battle! Your team completely threw me off, but a bit of advice would be to not rely on just using a different weather to try and take me down, but either way your tactics had me on the ropes at certain times and the sets of some pokemon such as Mary Jane were amazing, she gave me so much trouble! A very very enjoyable game!

Credits
    Blog Entries

Default 0-1 vs Ryan493

Congratulations! You are the first person to win a new badge and very well deserved might I add, gotta say I am glad it was such a good friend who took it from me first! As with all our battles it was stupidly close, that freeze was a real game changer!

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Ryan493's Avatar
    Credits

Thank you, it was a great match! I'll admit, Nayru did a lot of work in this battle, especially get that lucky freeze off. I was shaking the last few turns of the match, it was so close!
    I look forward to our future battles as well!