Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tome of Humility

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sasuke715 View Post
    I don't want this to sound rude, but I took offense to that. I worked hard to breed most of my pokemon. I am not a perfect battler nor the best breeder as you, but I sure know where I stand in battles. Although I'll take your suggestion, it's not my team's chemistry that needs to be worked on, it's something else entirely....No offense
    I am sorry you feel that way. I am trying to give constructive criticism.

The team you used in this battle had the Pokémon to beat my team. I know because in the X/Y Beta challenge the battles I loss had a core like your team, they were just used in a different combo.

And I am in no way a perfect battler or breeder. My team has 2 huge weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by RitualxZero View Post
    Random Gimmick team did good xD Gengar had no attacking moves sadly . I hope next time to have a victory. Because...I wanna be the very best, that no one ever was. Every challenge along the way with courage I will face. I will battle every day to claim my rightful place.
    Not really a gimmick, it is a good strategy for the mechanics allowed in the VGC format.

I am shocked I survived. It is a very surprising strategy that is difficult to overcome unless you are prepared for it, as I was not the next thing to do is relax and go with the flow of the battle and pray for some luck.

I know this goes against the rules in the metagame, but luck is a huge part of battling and it just so happens that the luck was on my side.

I have no doubt you will be holding the badge soon.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array sasuke715's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    I know this goes against the rules in the metagame, but luck is a huge part of battling and it just so happens that the luck was on my side.
    so you're basically implying that everyone, including yourself and the other Gym leaders, who plays the game aren't good at it and that it has to do more with luck rather than skill? I will need clarification since this apparently will confuse every other challenger and player

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sasuke715 View Post
    so you're basically implying that everyone, including yourself and the other Gym leaders, who plays the game aren't good at it and that it has to do more with luck rather than skill? I will need clarification since this apparently will confuse every other challenger and player
    That is not what I said. And I am not going to play my part in this argument.

I will see you in 1 week for our next battle. I wish you luck in our upcoming battle.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Default Ryan493, 0-1, 0-3

Great battle Ryan. You brought one of the Pokémon my team fears. Countered perfectly and great team chemistry. It was terrible luck your one move kept missing, but it hit when it mattered and that just added to the suspense of the battle.

I like to think you were giving me a couple of rounds to catch up.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Ryan493's Avatar
    Credits

Turns out that one pokemon I had brought worked very well with the rest of my team xD I didn't get a good feel for it til the second battle, but I got it figured out just in time.
    I'll admit I was a bit scared in the first battle, especially with that unlucky start. But that's just a part of the game I suppose. Thanks again for the battles!

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan493 View Post
    Turns out that one pokemon I had brought worked very well with the rest of my team xD I didn't get a good feel for it til the second battle, but I got it figured out just in time.
    I'll admit I was a bit scared in the first battle, especially with that unlucky start. But that's just a part of the game I suppose. Thanks again for the battles!
    No problem, I wish I put up more of a fight.

When I see certain hazards to my team, I tend to over predict things. You have an amazing core for your team.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Default RitualxZero, 1-0, 0-4, 1-0

That has got to be the scariest battle I have been in as a gym leader.

The first battle surprised me, but I barely held on.

The 2nd battle I completely got owned. I believe my Mega speed ties with your Mega when your's is paralyzed.

How I started the 3rd battle is what I wanted to do in the 2nd battle, but I thought in the 2nd battle after your Mega was paralyzed that I could easily take him down, confidence can sometimes crush a team.

When your mega survived by my single attack, I was thinking game over and I should have went with the heavy hitter attack, it would not have been a STAB attack though.

Seriously scary team and I think using Thunder Wave was the key to my success.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Default sasuke715, 0-1, 2-0, 2-0

Another great battle. Your team was amazing at handicapping my teams strengths.

Using your Mega in the final rounds in the first battle is what turned the battle into your win.

The 2nd and 3rd battle I survived on pure strength of my Pokémon. That was all I could do was hold on. Your one Poké took away my usual tactic and I was at a speed disadvantage the entire 3 battles.

I don't think you need to wait a week this time. This battle showed you can get chemistry.

and I hope you did not take too much offense from the first time I said you needed to work on chemistry. It was not meant to be a bad thing. Team chemistry can change at the faint of a Pokémon. Pokémon 1 and 2 don't have to be in sync with Pokémon 3 and 4, likewise when #4 can stand out from 1, 2, and 3 if #4 does not take away from the others.

I think you showed very good chemistry in this battle.

My team in this battle focused more on taking my weakness away. Instead of having 2 or 3 Pokémon with 1 weakness and a 4th to cover that weakness, I mixed it up and changed how my opponents can team up on 1 teammate without worry about the other.

Before my team could not overcome a dog pile on 1 Pokémon.

Credits
    Blog Entries

I would like to post something separate from the battles I had tonight.

During the X/Y Beta Challenge I did not see as many different tactics as I have in just a few battles in the Valor Gym.

What I saw most in the X/Y Beta was a lot of big top 10 Pokémon flat out attacking.

I have seen a lot of tactics in these gym battles.

My team on the other hand has 1 serious weakness. Sadly I think I have 2 top 10 Pokémon on my team, 2 more that are borderline, and 2 I have not seen in any X/Y Beta battle or the gym yet.

I seriously enjoy winning with Pokémon that are not common in battle, but I dislike losing so much.

I am working on another 2 variations of my gym team. The first is an old school Nitro 6 team and the second I believe could be an ultimate powerhouse team.

So hopefully I can get them teams finished soon.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Default sasuke715, 3-0, 3-0

Another good battle.

The terrain move completely handcuffs my main lead.

The Pokémon named Barricade, I think that was his name, completely handcuffs the same Pokémon. It also keeps me from using my main special attacker, my main pivot Pokémon at.

So I was forced to use my situation teammates.

Which luckily my new team member did enough damage to your mega for me to get a revenge KO. Which leaves me to rethinking my new teammate. On the one hand if I go with more power, this leaves him open to a possible early hit the opponent and then faint. If I go with a life saving hold item, he may get in an extra hit. So he can be a 1 and done or fingers crossed haha.

I am really enjoying these battles. Seeing new teams help expand my battle knowledge, which means I may not have to keep breeding new Pokémon if I learn how to use them in multiple situations.

Can't wait for the next battle. I am sure you will bring that solid core with new toys around them.