Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tome of Humility

Credits
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Tome of Humility

This thread is reserved to discuss battles in the Valor Gym.

I don't mind talking about my team, but getting too into detail with moves, tactics, and insider knowledge may be a bit much. My nicknames for my Pokémon are preferred.

I also don't mind talking in private about team building and tactics.

Helping trainers get better is the goal of the gym and if that means better then me, then I humbly accept.

Credits
    Blog Entries

So far my gym request list has 0 trainers.

So for those of you new to the gym system to request a battle with a gym leader, first go to your User CP, on the left column there should be a section for My Account and a link for Permission Groups. On this page you will see the gyms and you click Join Group beside the gym you want to challenge and then click the Join Group button below the section to update.

After you do this you can PM the gym leader so he knows and you can setup a good time to battle.

For anyone not sure on how to build a team for the VGC style here in my gym, start with a singles team and challenging is a good starting point.

Anyone wanting help with a VGC style team let me know and I will help with as much as I can.

I would also like to point out that although I don't like the wait 1 week to rechallenge rule, I can't see letting a trainer repeatedly challenge.

Like I said, I am not an expert on VGC. I wanted to get better at VGC battling, so I requested a gym be setup to help people train. Little did I know that I would be in charge of that gym.

So lets get better together.

Credits
    Blog Entries

So no gym battles for me today, bummer.

I appreciate those that did message me telling me I would be the last gym leader they issue a challenge.

I feel special that you guys consider me the tougher challenge. Although I don't see it that way myself. I assume it is the double format.

I am sure you all will beat me when you get here.

So now I must prepare a team to challenge the other gyms to secure these accusations made by my challengers haha.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Darkrai13's Avatar
    Credits

You're the first one I'm challenging. I'm trying to breed my last mon for my vgc team, but I'm trying to masuda so I may just throw something on my team for the time being.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Like I said, the X/Y Beta Competition killed my confidence in my team. I was breeding 2 new Pokémon for my team. I had an issue with one. I thought moves learned were saved even when you evolve, so I was trying to learn all the moves I thought I could use in the future and when I evolved I lost the move I wanted to use most, so I am at a bit of a snag.

However my team is still pretty solid and if my confidence holds I believe I can be somewhat of a challenge. Or atleast 51% of my battles are winnable as per my X/Y Beta statistics.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Darkrai13's Avatar
    Credits

My team is gimmicky at best but they hold their own in random Wi-Fi... So it should be a fun battle!

Credits
    Blog Entries

My team is straight forward, which I dislike teams that are just point and attack. It lacks the dance that I am use to with my teams.

However I am still getting use to the VGC style and I found in the 3 challenges that I have done that most teams centered around a gimmick, I am going to use my last experience with the Assist Liepard that could only use Dark Void. The rest of the team could only have moves that would not be selected by Assist, which made their attacks usually weaker and not cover as much. So on my opponent's Charizard-X instead of using Dragon Claw with base 80 power + Tough Claws + STAB boost, he had to use Dragon Tail with base 60 power + Tough Claws + STAB, but low priority. Which is ok if I am sleeping and it removes a Pokémon to put another to sleep, however being slower I can wake up and attack before Dragon Tail gets a chance to hit.

The lower base power as your main attack is also huge in a VGC battle that could potentially last only 7 rounds.

Credits
    Blog Entries

As far as I can tell the server is undergoing maintenance and I don't know when I will be able to log in to wi-fi. I have found 3 maintenance schedules for Nintendo.

So until further notice the Valor Gym is closed.

Credits
    Blog Entries

I have 2 challengers on my list for the gym.

PM me for a good time to battle.

Please remember to read the rules.

Difference in the Valor Gym to be ready for,
    • Each match is a best of 3 battles.
    • P.S.S. Battle Settings should be:
      • Battle Format - Double Battle
      • Battle Rules - Flat Rules

• 6 Pokémon are to be brought to a gym battle.
      • The same 6 Pokémon must be used in all 3 Gym battles.
      • The 4 battle Pokémon may change between the 6 brought to the gym.

• Please allow the Gym Leader to initiate the battle with you whenever possible.

Players may use Pokémon from the Central Kalos Pokédex from #001 to #150, Coastal Kalos Pokédex from #001 to #153, or Mountain Kalos Pokédex from #001 to #147.

Pokémon must have the Blue Pentagonto be considered native to Kalos.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array sasuke715's Avatar
    Credits

Well I'm ready to battle whenever you are :-p