Thread: Tome of Inopia (Records)

Credits
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Tome of Inopia (Records)

Welcome to the Valor Gym.

I am a veteran of the gym system. I have ran the Beacon Gym, the Hatchling Gym, and the Chrysalis Gym. When I first started I was just a breeder at the time. I grew into a decent trainer and I tried to help others become better trainers.

So I have been blessed again to try and run another gym and I wanted to get people interested in the VGC format.

So let me explain the Valor Gym.

I was originally going to go with the Virtue Gym. I use to be a big Ultima Online fan and it followed a teaching called the virtues. There are eight components of the virtue paradigm: Compassion, Honesty, Honor, Humility, Justice, Sacrifice, Spirituality, and Valor. Something I feel goes into being a great trainer.

However 8 virtues are a lot to theme a gym around. So looking back on my time on Ultima I thought of my characters and Valor came to mind.

The main description of Valor on Ultima was, "Valor is Courage to stand up against risks ("that which answers when great deeds are called for" and "the cloak that protects the other virtues")."

The symbol of Valor was the sword, but each virtue comes from 3 principles. How can 3 principles make up 8 virtues? Mixing of these principles, and Valor is a pure principle virtue. Valor is made up of pure courage and symbolized by the Bell of Courage.

So much goes into Valor. A dark look into it is, "
    Thou shalt fight to the death if challenged, or thou shalt be banished as a coward."

And Valor has even been touched on in the Pokémon series.

In G/S/C and then again in HG/SS Karen of the Elite Four,
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best. I like your style. You understand what's important. Go on — — the Champion is waiting."

I could quote quotes all day, but I will end it here. I want to spread the VGC format and get more people interested in it. If you look up the rankings on the PGL the Top 100 players are all Japanese players. I am not saying this is a bad thing, but I wonder why there are not more players from around the world. I have battled in the PGL and VGC style tournaments and I noticed a few things, one thing that stands out is valor. I have seen more players from around the world rage disconnect and leave a battle before it is over.

"If you give up before the battle is over, you will always lose."

"Win or lose, you learn."

Those two are from me.

From me and my guild in Ultima Online,
    "When those following the path of Valor speak the mantra "Ra" they are given the boost to battle on and the Knights of Valor will never give up."

Yeah I was cheesy back then also.

This thread will be used for keeping the records of the gym.
    Last edited by BugCatcher6; 03-28-2014 at 06:51 PM.

Credits
    Blog Entries

7 4

Matches:
    Vs sasuke715 - 2-1
    Vs sasuke715 - 2-0
    Vs Viperizer - 0-2
    Vs RitualxZero - 2-1
    Vs sasuke715 - 2-1
    Vs Ryan493 - 0-2
    Vs RitualxZero - 2-1
    Vs sasuke715 - 2-1
    Vs sasuke715 - 2-0
    Vs RitualxZero - 0-2
    Vs sasuke715 - 0-2
    Last edited by BugCatcher6; 04-08-2014 at 10:16 PM.