Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gyms Re-Opening

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheNinjaPhoenix View Post
    Training doesn't mean being ready - again, people aren't around as much as they were and a lot of people are still breeding and preparing, as people have said - it's a matter of patience and giving it time. I'm not being aggressive by any means, but I am saying that there needs to be a level of calm here - the gyms are by no mean a failure but merely slowly beginning as people ready themselves and prepare their teams. Not everyone is as devoted as you, for example, in getting their teams ready and playing the game.
    I said trainers battling, we had a tournament and random battles going.

Devoted, I breed about 1 or 2 Pokémon a week, I see more events from people then that.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array sasuke715's Avatar
    Credits

Training doesn't mean being ready - again, people aren't around as much as they were and a lot of people are still breeding and preparing, as people have said - it's a matter of patience and giving it time. I'm not being aggressive by any means, but I am saying that there needs to be a level of calm here - the gyms are by no mean a failure but merely slowly beginning as people ready themselves and prepare their teams. Not everyone is as devoted as you, for example, in getting their teams ready and playing the game.
    I, Sasuke715, approve this message

Credits
    Blog Entries

I am trying to get people into the gyms. That is it.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array TheNinjaPhoenix's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    I said trainers battling, we had a tournament and random battles going.

Devoted, I breed about 1 or 2 Pokémon a week, I see more events from people then that.
    Firstly, excluding the three leaders, can you name the majority of this dozen who were 'regular battlers'? Secondly,the tournament had how many people and how many were actively posting other than 2 or 3 people? Thirdly, random battles are an entirely different thing from people battling a gym, as you full well know, so why bring it up?

To further make the point, people who are breeding a lot of Pokemon are backlogs from X and Y's release, this of which I know from talking to them - furthermore, breeding is an entirely different playing field from training - breeding takes longer than training a few members, but it also takes time to take these bred Pokemon and establishing a team from them, especially when you tend to need more than the base six to ten Pokemon you may normally use to counter threats from Leader's teams. If you note a weakness, you need to breed and then train a new Pokemon, which requires getting to a decent level of IV's for that Pokemon first, even if it is easier than in previous generations, and then EV train the best of the bunch - it's time consuming without even considering arranging battles and ensuring you can be free and have good connections.

Randomly messaging someone and saying 'sup, lets battle' is far easier than organizing a Gym Battle and ensuring free time. At the moment, all you are doing is being a Buzz-kill and it's frustrating as you really seem to be the single person on this forum who is bothered by this, everyone else is being more relaxed about this.

So, for argument's sake, the forum's sake, and general peace of mind, take a step back and relax and give it time and wait for challengers just like Allirath and Slizer have, as having the role of Gym Leader should be an important and meaningful one, and you should appreciate people are taking the time to make sure your battles are more interesting than you flatwalling them and not losing.
    Last edited by TheNinjaPhoenix; 03-20-2014 at 08:17 PM.
    This is a signature. Ha.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Gengar's Avatar
    Credits

I sense an air of animosity. How about we agree to disagree? You both make valid points.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Firstly, excluding the three leaders, can you name the majority of this dozen who were 'regular battlers'? Secondly,the tournament had how many people and how many were actively posting other than 2 or 3 people? Thirdly, random battles are an entirely different thing from people battling a gym, as you full well know, so why bring it up?

To further make the point, people who are breeding a lot of Pokemon are backlogs from X and Y's release, this of which I know from talking to them - furthermore, breeding is an entirely different playing field from training - breeding takes longer than training a few members, but it also takes time to take these bred Pokemon and establishing a team from them, especially when you tend to need more than the base six to ten Pokemon you may normally use to counter threats from Leader's teams. If you note a weakness, you need to breed and then train a new Pokemon, which requires getting to a decent level of IV's for that Pokemon first, even if it is easier than in previous generations, and then EV train the best of the bunch - it's time consuming without even considering arranging battles and ensuring you can be free and have good connections.

Randomly messaging someone and saying 'sup, lets battle' is far easier than organizing a Gym Battle and ensuring free time. At the moment, all you are doing is being a Buzz-kill and it's frustrating as you really seem to be the single person on this forum who is bothered by this, everyone else is being more relaxed about this.

So, for argument's sake, the forum's sake, and general peace of mind, take a step back and relax and give it time and wait for challengers just like Allirath and Slizer have, as having the role of Gym Leader should be an important and meaningful one, and you should appreciate people are taking the time to make sure your battles are more interesting than you flatwalling them and not losing.
    If you have read around at the start the other gym leaders tried as well to get people into this.

I am sorry my posting bothers you. I don't see anything wrong with what I have posted.

I have not made fun of any or belittle anyone. I only mention my status on getting ready to challenge the other gyms.

Like I said I will stop posting so I am not bothering anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by sasuke715 View Post

Slizer107 does normal rules, so it automatically levels up your pokemon to level 50
    Auto-level will not evolve my Pokémon.
    Last edited by BugCatcher6; 03-20-2014 at 08:30 PM.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Sartory's Avatar
    Credits

I'm interested in challenging, but sadly I have yet to get my hands on a hidden Ability Venomoth to fill up the last spot :X

Torrent Gym Leader/Head Farmer Array Deneves's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sartory View Post
    I'm interested in challenging, but sadly I have yet to get my hands on a hidden Ability Venomoth to fill up the last spot :X
    Then obviously you haven't been paying attention to our farming events. I still have two females with 31/X/31/31/31/31 IVs, Hidden Ability, and killer egg moves left.

Pokemon Trainer in Waiting Array Mario's Avatar
    Credits

The biggest thing that has stopped me from being able to challenge any team yet, was certainly rebreeding my B/W Pokes for XY, while I understand and support the clause for using only Kalos bred pokemon, it did stop me from being ready right away.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Pokémon from farmers on this forum are also accepted in the gyms.I know before the rule was for a shiny badge your team had to be bred by you, but as long as the Poké is bred in Kalos it is usable.

So take advantage of the farm events.