Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: Gyms Re-Opening

  1. #31
    Gym Leader Array BugCatcher6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    (GMT -05:00)
    Posts
    12,608
    Credits
    61,279
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNinjaPhoenix View Post
    Training doesn't mean being ready - again, people aren't around as much as they were and a lot of people are still breeding and preparing, as people have said - it's a matter of patience and giving it time. I'm not being aggressive by any means, but I am saying that there needs to be a level of calm here - the gyms are by no mean a failure but merely slowly beginning as people ready themselves and prepare their teams. Not everyone is as devoted as you, for example, in getting their teams ready and playing the game.
    I said trainers battling, we had a tournament and random battles going.

    Devoted, I breed about 1 or 2 Pokémon a week, I see more events from people then that.


  2. #32
    Pokemon Trainer Student Array sasuke715's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    611
    Credits
    11,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNinjaPhoenix View Post
    Training doesn't mean being ready - again, people aren't around as much as they were and a lot of people are still breeding and preparing, as people have said - it's a matter of patience and giving it time. I'm not being aggressive by any means, but I am saying that there needs to be a level of calm here - the gyms are by no mean a failure but merely slowly beginning as people ready themselves and prepare their teams. Not everyone is as devoted as you, for example, in getting their teams ready and playing the game.
    I, Sasuke715, approve this message

  3. #33
    Gym Leader Array BugCatcher6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    (GMT -05:00)
    Posts
    12,608
    Credits
    61,279
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    I am trying to get people into the gyms. That is it.


  4. #34
    Pokemon Trainer Student Array TheNinjaPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Blood Gulch Alpha
    Posts
    560
    Credits
    15,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    I said trainers battling, we had a tournament and random battles going.

    Devoted, I breed about 1 or 2 Pokémon a week, I see more events from people then that.
    Firstly, excluding the three leaders, can you name the majority of this dozen who were 'regular battlers'? Secondly,the tournament had how many people and how many were actively posting other than 2 or 3 people? Thirdly, random battles are an entirely different thing from people battling a gym, as you full well know, so why bring it up?

    To further make the point, people who are breeding a lot of Pokemon are backlogs from X and Y's release, this of which I know from talking to them - furthermore, breeding is an entirely different playing field from training - breeding takes longer than training a few members, but it also takes time to take these bred Pokemon and establishing a team from them, especially when you tend to need more than the base six to ten Pokemon you may normally use to counter threats from Leader's teams. If you note a weakness, you need to breed and then train a new Pokemon, which requires getting to a decent level of IV's for that Pokemon first, even if it is easier than in previous generations, and then EV train the best of the bunch - it's time consuming without even considering arranging battles and ensuring you can be free and have good connections.

    Randomly messaging someone and saying 'sup, lets battle' is far easier than organizing a Gym Battle and ensuring free time. At the moment, all you are doing is being a Buzz-kill and it's frustrating as you really seem to be the single person on this forum who is bothered by this, everyone else is being more relaxed about this.

    So, for argument's sake, the forum's sake, and general peace of mind, take a step back and relax and give it time and wait for challengers just like Allirath and Slizer have, as having the role of Gym Leader should be an important and meaningful one, and you should appreciate people are taking the time to make sure your battles are more interesting than you flatwalling them and not losing.
    Last edited by TheNinjaPhoenix; 03-20-2014 at 08:17 PM.
    This is a signature. Ha.

  5. #35
    Pokemon Trainer Student Array Gengar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    458
    Credits
    11,353

    Default

    I sense an air of animosity. How about we agree to disagree? You both make valid points.

  6. #36
    Gym Leader Array BugCatcher6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    (GMT -05:00)
    Posts
    12,608
    Credits
    61,279
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNinjaPhoenix View Post
    Firstly, excluding the three leaders, can you name the majority of this dozen who were 'regular battlers'? Secondly,the tournament had how many people and how many were actively posting other than 2 or 3 people? Thirdly, random battles are an entirely different thing from people battling a gym, as you full well know, so why bring it up?

    To further make the point, people who are breeding a lot of Pokemon are backlogs from X and Y's release, this of which I know from talking to them - furthermore, breeding is an entirely different playing field from training - breeding takes longer than training a few members, but it also takes time to take these bred Pokemon and establishing a team from them, especially when you tend to need more than the base six to ten Pokemon you may normally use to counter threats from Leader's teams. If you note a weakness, you need to breed and then train a new Pokemon, which requires getting to a decent level of IV's for that Pokemon first, even if it is easier than in previous generations, and then EV train the best of the bunch - it's time consuming without even considering arranging battles and ensuring you can be free and have good connections.

    Randomly messaging someone and saying 'sup, lets battle' is far easier than organizing a Gym Battle and ensuring free time. At the moment, all you are doing is being a Buzz-kill and it's frustrating as you really seem to be the single person on this forum who is bothered by this, everyone else is being more relaxed about this.

    So, for argument's sake, the forum's sake, and general peace of mind, take a step back and relax and give it time and wait for challengers just like Allirath and Slizer have, as having the role of Gym Leader should be an important and meaningful one, and you should appreciate people are taking the time to make sure your battles are more interesting than you flatwalling them and not losing.
    If you have read around at the start the other gym leaders tried as well to get people into this.

    I am sorry my posting bothers you. I don't see anything wrong with what I have posted.

    I have not made fun of any or belittle anyone. I only mention my status on getting ready to challenge the other gyms.

    Like I said I will stop posting so I am not bothering anyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by sasuke715 View Post

    Slizer107 does normal rules, so it automatically levels up your pokemon to level 50
    Auto-level will not evolve my Pokémon.
    Last edited by BugCatcher6; 03-20-2014 at 08:30 PM.


  7. #37
    Pokemon Trainer Student Array Sartory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    229
    Credits
    15,482

    Default

    I'm interested in challenging, but sadly I have yet to get my hands on a hidden Ability Venomoth to fill up the last spot :X

  8. #38
    Torrent Gym Leader/Head Farmer Array Deneves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chico, California
    Posts
    1,511
    Credits
    10,378
    Blog Entries
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sartory View Post
    I'm interested in challenging, but sadly I have yet to get my hands on a hidden Ability Venomoth to fill up the last spot :X
    Then obviously you haven't been paying attention to our farming events. I still have two females with 31/X/31/31/31/31 IVs, Hidden Ability, and killer egg moves left.

  9. #39
    Pokemon Trainer in Waiting Array Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    62
    Credits
    12,715

    Default

    The biggest thing that has stopped me from being able to challenge any team yet, was certainly rebreeding my B/W Pokes for XY, while I understand and support the clause for using only Kalos bred pokemon, it did stop me from being ready right away.

  10. #40
    Gym Leader Array BugCatcher6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    (GMT -05:00)
    Posts
    12,608
    Credits
    61,279
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Pokémon from farmers on this forum are also accepted in the gyms.I know before the rule was for a shiny badge your team had to be bred by you, but as long as the Poké is bred in Kalos it is usable.

    So take advantage of the farm events.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •