Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PokéBuzz Issue #1: Rumors

Credits
    Blog Entries

Question PokéBuzz Issue #1: Rumors

Yeah I am bored again and @Poke_Buzz is my twitter that I never use unless I am yelling at Nintendo or Pokémon, but I thought I would do some writing with it from time to time. I am not going to do youtube videos, mainly because I hate the sound of my own voice and most people doing youtube videos are over acting, atleast I hope they are or who ever is suppose to be watching the mental patients should be fired.

Anyway I have been reading the internet and digging deep to find rumors on the next line of what could be for Pokémon.

What I found is that the next Pokémon could actually be for Will U. Playing on a new handheld and then back to the terminal console.
    It is said that the battle system is going to have a complete overhaul.

There has been a ton of concept artwork being sent from the Pokemon company to Nintendo and that ideas the Pokemon company have been wanting to do for years, will all be put into these new games.

The new versions have the code names Pokémon Plus and Pokémon Minus.

The games are said to have an old traditional theme filled with new exploration, set in a south east Asian peninsula and many smaller islands around it.

The starters are looking very strange and I have not found images, but the details seem odd.

The Water starter will evolve to be Water/Steel, oh a redo , and it says, "a squat, teardrop shaped humanoid that has a jar filled with on its head as it evolves it grows taller and the jar bigger until it needs another set of arms to hold it on it’s head." I have no idea what a squat, teardrop is. I am thinking it is a tear shaped Machamp kind of thing.

The Fire starter will evolve to be Fire/Fairy, that already sounds cool. It is basically a Fire Skiddo/Gogoat, except it has fire coming out its horns and it more angry looking as it evolves.

The Grass starter will evolve to be Grass/Electric. It starts out as basically a single leaf as a face and little nubby roots for a body and evolves into an electric palm tree with each palm leaf being a face.

There have been leaks on the main Legendary Pokemon.

For Plus a Shi-Foo Lion-looking Psychic/Ground type that has multiple faces. Maybe something like this.

For Minus a Ghost/Fairy type that has 2 dashes for eyes and is made up entirely of hurricane-like appendages with many arms and hands.

Now I am going to copy and paste what I found as the new villians for the Plus and Minus, because it is a mouthful to digest. I think if this plays out, it may be the darkest story line ever for a Pokemon game.

Quote Originally Posted by gamesided.com
    The new “Team” villains are described as a bunch of “Sohei Zelots”-types who have discovered the player’s best friend as a reincarnation of a special type of person who only is alive every 100 years. They believe the old system where people were given a Pokemon egg and they stick to that Pokemon until they die and who’s function in society dictate what role that person is. They are against the “modern” trend of Pokemon Trainers and capturing multiple Pokemon and are making a holy pilgrimage to evoke the old Legendaries to turn everything back to normal. They keep the player away from their friend, saying the special one (who can do amazing things like mega evolve Pokemon without the use of a mega ring) only love is that of Pokemon and not people. It is planned to be reveal later that for the special one to fulfill their role in society they must be mortally sacrificed to awaken the legendaries.
    Some gyms in Plus and Minus
    There is rumored to be a Sky Battle gym. A gym that only uses baby Pokemon. A gym leader that is a vampire and uses Ghost and Dark types. A Military-like leader that uses Fire and Steel types.

There is also a rumor that there will be a change to Pokemon, something similar to being shiny, but it effects the Pokemon and the game.

It says the mainland is for the console and will be an MMO, so online play and the islands will be handheld and solo play.

Something about Pokémon Bank will become an actual location on the mainland and handheld to allow imports from X and Y.

Ok like I said, these are rumors found on the internet. They are from video game new sites and they are usually pretty accurate, but as we know with Pokemon, you cannot believe anything until Nintendo, the Pokemon company, or GameFreak says it.

So enjoy the PokeBuzz.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Slimjim367's Avatar
    Credits

I've heard about Plus and Minus before, under different monikers, and most recently as those.

SAme with the starters.

I kind of hope a lot of it is lies, but an asiatic island theme would be a nice break from bustling cities of Kalos and Unova recently!

Also, the fire starter sounds amazing!

I dislike most Bipedal pokemon, so Tepig was amazing! but Emboar quite a disappointment to me! As are Delphox, Greninja, and Chesnaught (in design terms)
    3DS Friend Code: 0662-2766-6216
    IGN: Jamie
    My safari type is Fighting and the pokemon are: Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue

White 2 FC: 2151 7122 0017
    I have game in every generation; if anyone wants anything female in one of Kurt's Apricorn Balls from Soul Silver to breed - Let me know!

Credits
    Blog Entries

I would love to see one big game come out that would allow for growth like a typical MMORPG. Have a set region and then just add new areas or regions by DLC. This all could be done over the console and yet they could add 3DS games that would allow for solo mission to bring items and Pokémon back to the main region on the console, I mean they had the PokéWalker.

The possibilities with the technology behind the Wii U, 3DS, and even if Nintendo would go full Gen 4 console could be mind blowing.

I like the idea of the Legends not being huge Dragons, but I think with the addition of the Fairy type, I think the day of Dragon Legends may be a more select thing.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Slimjim367's Avatar
    Credits

I would buy a Wii U, solely for a main series pokemon game.

This alone, should be reason enough for them to develop one.
    3DS Friend Code: 0662-2766-6216
    IGN: Jamie
    My safari type is Fighting and the pokemon are: Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue

White 2 FC: 2151 7122 0017
    I have game in every generation; if anyone wants anything female in one of Kurt's Apricorn Balls from Soul Silver to breed - Let me know!

Not So Cute Array predictions of doom's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

I sincerely hope they don't make it for the WiiU - I don't plan on ever buying a TV, let alone a console. I'd much rather have a handheld version.
    Back!

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by predictions of doom View Post
    I sincerely hope they don't make it for the WiiU - I don't plan on ever buying a TV, let alone a console. I'd much rather have a handheld version.
    From what it says there would be a solo version for the handheld, the WiiU version would be a MMO world. So you could to an extent play solo on the handheld, as Bank would also have a location on the islands.

It is also stating that a lot of Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokémon will fill the land. And there will be a “Stone Slowking” statue that is a parody of the Reclining Buddha at Wat Pho, Thailand.

Here is more info on the console side.

• The “Mainland” is an MMO-like environment that is exclusive to the Terminal and is shared by both versions.

• Players all over the world online can chat, trade, intermingle and experience new-updated story lines on the mainland.

• Pokemon Band is a new mechanic introduced to get people involved who do not battle, a co-operative experience where Pokemon dance and make music together to achieve the highest group score.

• Pokemon Bank are actual locations on the Mainland and Handheld areas where people can import past Pokemon, mainly from Pokemon X and Pokemon Y into the new game.

Credits
    Blog Entries

So to bring up more rumors.

Hoenn remake is coming. Could we find out tomorrow on Nintendo Direct.

Actually in the game guide it mentions that 13 berries can be cultivated through mutation, another 14 berries do not appear in Pokémon X and Y, and can be obtained only by trading from other regions.

Which a map of Hoenn is also shown in the guide.

C(H)espin, Fr(O)akie, F(ENN)iken

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Darkrai13's Avatar
    Credits

Mother of god. More research will be done.

Credits
    Blog Entries

For some reason they say the berries could only come from Hoenn or Sinnoh, but you could grow berries in HG/SS. And they reference every region the game play of X and Y.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Darkrai13's Avatar
    Credits

Well HG/SS had the pots, so I guess it doesn't count. Hoenn remakes would be nice though, those games could benefit from a 3D facelift.