Thread: Let the creativity begin

Credits
    Blog Entries

Default Let the creativity begin

i was curious to see if anyone would like to start the Spawn project back up? I know in the past we have only had 2 successful Spawn projects and I believe 3 failed attempts. We also have a region we created for our Pokémon, but I believe that will need looked at once we get things finished up, but we have ground work there.

So our successful Pokémon,

1st was Dunsparce's evolution Jaundril and he was a / type

2nd was Eukoala and he was a / type

As always I would like to look into making 6th Gen changes to the existing Spawns, but I am interesting in seeing if there is an interest in creating new Pokémon.

Again the only thing that sucks with our Spawn compared to Smogon's CAP is that I don't know how to create a Showdown server and put our Spawn into the server to test battle them.

But it is fun for me to create Pokémon even on paper.

Credits
    Blog Entries

I want to do a Spawn. I think we need a Zombie Starter.

Credits
    Blog Entries

With PokeFarm having its own Showdown server we can now add our Spawn Pokémon and test them in actual battles for the first time.

So we need to get our Spawns updated to Gen 6.

Jaundril we have to decide if his Hidden Ability will be the same as Dunsparce, Rattled, or something new. I like Marvel Scale, Rough Skin, or Cloud Nine, maybe Magic Guard.

I don't really see too many moves that could be added for Jaundril, although I am open for suggestions if anyone sees anything.

Eukoala also needs a Hidden Ability. I like Grass Pelt for Eukoala, pairs him up nicely with Skiddo/Gogoat. Cheek Pouch is also another cool idea.

Moves I would like to see added are,

Flower Shield is a Fairy type move, but the user raises the Defense stat of all Grass-type Pokémon in battle with a mysterious power.

Grassy Terrain - The user turns the ground under everyone's feet to grass for five turns. This restores the HP of Pokémon on the ground a little every turn.

Petal Blizzard - The user stirs up a violent petal blizzard and attacks everything around it.

Rototiller - Tilling the soil, the user makes it easier for plants to grow. This raises the Attack and Sp. Atk stats of Grass-type Pokémon.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array UnderFudge's Avatar
    Credits

Could we do some Mega Evolution Spawns? I think Milotic needs one since she's like a calmer version of Gyarados and he already has a Mega Evolution.

Next Event: Sea Side Shellos

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UnderFudge View Post
    Could we do some Mega Evolution Spawns? I think Milotic needs one since she's like a calmer version of Gyarados and he already has a Mega Evolution.
    I am not sure how to handle Mega Evolution yet. I mean it is doable, but once we do it if Pokémon changes things then we have to go back. However we could make it like how Charizard has X and Y versions, we could just change our Mega evolution to match out region.

I want to concentrate more on getting Jaundril and Eukoala updated before we move on.

I really want to make a new Pokémon.

Credits
    Blog Entries

The interest with Spawn seems to be just with me and my usual collection of thinkers.

So I think if we cannot even make it past updating 2 old Spawn's Hidden Ability and maybe moves, it is better to let the project rest.

Credits
    Blog Entries

OK so I really want to do another Spawn to see if I can get any creativity back. So in order to update Jaundril and Eukoala I am going to make a simple poll thread for each and then afterwards they will be done I will be comfortable moving forward.

Credits
    Blog Entries

I am going to reopen this thread before going further with a new Spawn.

We all know that Smogon had a Create-A-Poké before I started Spawn here. I use most of the process Smogon uses to create their CAPs.

One thing we did differently was we allowed old Pokémon to evolve or have a pre-evo along with creating new Pokémon We built a world for our creations to live in as well.

Now Smogon does not do that. They create new Pokémon and their goal is not to change the current mechanics of the game.

Which with the introduction of Mega-Evolution, it seems GameFreak may also be going away from creating new evolutions for old Pokémon that needed them, example Mawile, Pinsir, Banette, Kangaskhan, Absol, and the other 1-2 stage Pokémon that got mega evolved instead of a regular evolution.

So for me, I would like to follow the Smogon guideline once again and create only new Pokémon. We would create a final stage Pokémon and later on we can do projects to find if the Pokémon had previous stages or maybe it's own mega-evolution.

So right now we would be making final stage Pokémon. No pre-stages or mega stages.

I would like to start a new Pokémon soon.

Also I know Smogon also selects a topic leader for each CAP and a concept review group. However I think with me keeping track and the entire forum able to add their input, I think we are a great review group.
    Last edited by BugCatcher6; 03-09-2014 at 07:17 PM.