Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Bank

Credits
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Pokémon Bank

So Pokémon Bank comes finally on December 27th. We will be greeted by Brigette the Developer of Pokémon Bank, if anyone remembers Brigette is also the developer of the Pokémon Box Ruby & Sapphire.

So with Bank we have 100 boxes, that is 3,000 Pokémon storage. Also this storage is linked to your 3DS and not to any one game. So you can put any X or Y game on your 3DS and move Pokémon freely. There is a search feature to find Pokémon easier and you can move more than one Pokémon at a time instead of the oh so time consuming solo method.

One detail many people are not happy about, after the trial period ends on January 31st, 2014, there will be an annual charge of $4.99 to keep your Pokémon in storage.

Another feature is when you deposit Pokémon into the Bank, the longer they are in there you can earn PokéMiles, however when you are awarded these PokéMiles you are asked if you would like PokéMiles or to have them converted into Battle Points.

And this just released,

For using Pokémon Bank you will be able to receive a special Celebi. Only 1 Celebi per 3DS sadly. I would imagine maybe if you reformatted or something, but that is a lot of trouble to get a Celebi.

Anyway the Celebi will have the following move-set,
    • Recover
    • Heal Bell
    • Safeguard
    • Hold Back

Hold Back is a new move and is only known to this event Celebi. It works much the same as False Swipe.

So ready for Pokémon Bank, how about you?

I have a Shell Armor Turtwig and Iron Fist Chimchar just waiting to pass on their Male only Hidden Ability. I have so many Dream Ball female Pokémon I want to see if the Dream Ball passes on when breeding.

Can't wait.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Slimjim367's Avatar
    Credits

I have been eagerly awaiting the reunion of my Volt-turn team <3 and have been anticipating getting my hands on the (now breedable) dream world starters!

The Celebi is a nice bonus too!
    3DS Friend Code: 0662-2766-6216
    IGN: Jamie
    My safari type is Fighting and the pokemon are: Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue

White 2 FC: 2151 7122 0017
    I have game in every generation; if anyone wants anything female in one of Kurt's Apricorn Balls from Soul Silver to breed - Let me know!

Pokemon League Judge Array HMTKSteve's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Any details on how to get previous gen Pokemon into the bank?

Credits
    Blog Entries

From the Pokemonbank website,

Poké Transporter
    When you download Pokémon Bank, you can also download the
    linked application Poké Transporter. When you insert a Pokémon
    Black Version
    , Pokémon White Version, Pokémon Black Version 2,
    or Pokémon White Version 2 Game Card into a Nintendo 3DS system,
    you'll be able to use Poké Transporter to transfer Pokémon from these games
    into their own online Boxes. Then, you can easily transfer those Pokémon into
    Pokémon X andPokémon Y using Pokémon Bank!

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Slimjim367's Avatar
    Credits

It's basically a separate app you launch from your 3DS menu, which can access all the pokemon in whatever copy of either gen 5 or 6 game is inserted or downloaded, and move them to a cloud storage where you can either keep them or access and transfer to any gen 6 game (once transferred, they can never go back)
    3DS Friend Code: 0662-2766-6216
    IGN: Jamie
    My safari type is Fighting and the pokemon are: Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue

White 2 FC: 2151 7122 0017
    I have game in every generation; if anyone wants anything female in one of Kurt's Apricorn Balls from Soul Silver to breed - Let me know!

Credits
    Blog Entries

I dislike that Japan gets their Bank 2 days earlier than most, but hopefully they find any bugs before we get ours.

Although that may delay ours further.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Darkrai13's Avatar
    Credits

Entei gets sacred fire!!! Woot!

Credits
    Blog Entries

Feebas has a 2nd ability opposite Swift Swim, Oblivious. Which I assume goes with Milotic getting Competitive as a 2nd ability, which if memory serves this was known from the in game Milotic having the ability pre-bank.

I wonder why GameFreak makes these changes? I mean they give Milotic the Hidden Ability Cute Charm and then in Gen 6 give it a regular 2nd ability of Competitive. Which is better in my book.

There is no reason they could not give it a new Hidden Ability, they did it with like 21 Pokémon this generation. Call it Pokémon evolution or adaptability. What Pokémon can evolve. Mind blown GameFreak

That is the beautiful thing about video games creators of worlds, you can change anything. Read a comic book, that is why there are the new 52 and so on. Heck you could come out with Pokémon Alpha and Omega in Gen 7 and time travel back to the original 151 Pokémon and people would just have to deal with it.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Darkrai13's Avatar
    Credits

In other news, I just got a shiny Latios from wonder trade... O_o

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai13 View Post
    In other news, I just got a shiny Latios from wonder trade... O_o
    People getting rid of Gen 5 hacks. Nobody wants to be caught with them. Nintendo and GameFreaks have threatened a Data wipe installed in the game. I think that is what the Mystery Zone Egg was all about. However there is more to the hacking I believe. Nintendo/GameFreaks are not going to give away their secrets.