Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalos Shinies

Pokemon Trainer Student Array platinum's Avatar
    Credits

I've yet to try Chain Fishing/Poke Radar chaining as I'm currently preoccupied with breeding up my team, but with my luck with random shinies, I think I'll have some pretty good luck with chaining

Thanks so much Vasden2!
    White FC: 5071-8056-6941
    White2 FC: 4041-4660-3856
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-6481-9101
    Friend Safari: Bug- Ledyba/Volbeat/Venemoth

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Donnie boy's Avatar
    Credits

Some exciting information I came accross last night for chaining using the pokeradar.

Apologies if this has been discussed already.

Apparently as you chain, the music of the pokeradar can change at times to an upbeat tone. When this upbeat tone plays you have a higher likelihood of encountering a shiny. When the upbeat music plays, keep resetting your radar until a shiny patch appears, If the music ends and is replaced by the usual pokeradar music your opportunity is over, and you should resume chaining normally. The upbeat music phenomenon is very easy to encounter, I got it three times in one hour. I usually chain while listening to music, podcasts etc, so this music cue thang totally went over my head until I read an article on it. I havent caught a shiny this way yet, but I only found out about it last night. If anyone is chaining right now, pump up your volume and see if you get lucky

Ps: Finally after 591 eggs I hatched a shiny scyther using Masuda method , looked so similar to normal scyther that I initially dismissed it when it hatched Thank god I double checked it!
    Trainer name: Donny
    Switch friend code: SW-2164-3125-4438
    Pokémon Home friend code: ZVESWASXFWAJ

EPFL\Sr. Farmer\Admin Array Whitdjinn's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Got it, and there is indeed a sparkle when it shows up. Yay! Now to find one with the right ability and maybe try using a syncher AND a suction cupper in order to get a good nature too....who knows. Anyway, first 6th gen shiny is mine! muahahaha

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9p5sqe3047...2016.46.57.jpg

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Darkrai13's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Whitdjinn View Post
    Got it, and there is indeed a sparkle when it shows up. Yay! Now to find one with the right ability and maybe try using a syncher AND a suction cupper in order to get a good nature too....who knows. Anyway, first 6th gen shiny is mine! muahahaha

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9p5sqe3047...2016.46.57.jpg
    Nice! I've found that if you fish in a cornered off area you don't need suction cups at all. Meaning you can synchronize to your hearts content Unfortunately you can't use both suction cups and synchronize this gen... :/

Credits
    Blog Entries

Yeah...i tried this shortly after the post, my synch worked and my chain was working very well so i thought it was working like a charm...unfortunately right after that it took 3 casts to get anything to bite, so iknew it was not to be.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quick Update - 2nd shiny Poliwag had the correct nature AND ability and I finally have a very close proximity to Precious back!! I don't think it has any 31's but the EV guy said it was excellent stats, and finished up the ev training late last night.

Cannot be more thrilled!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/07ugb79e4u...2021.13.30.jpg

Next will either be a breeding project to rebuild a Skarmory just like Soaron was, or another fishing chain for a Gyarados...not sure which.

Credits
    Blog Entries

So Caden's first Kalos Shiny came tonight, Shiny Teddiursa, which my last shiny was Teddiursa, both from Shadow's Safari.

So um, Toys4Life, your son has a very generous safari zone haha.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Donnie boy's Avatar
    Credits

Kay so, I've tried the masuda method three times now, very lucky the first time with a shiny after 50 eggs, second time was hard graft with a shiny after 591, but this time, I may have to admit defeat, after a week, and 960 eggs, I still dont have a shiny vulpix. It really is a pain after spending so much effort and time to throw in the towel, but if I have to see another vulpix hatch from an egg I may just break Any words of wisdom or advice for somone on the verge of quitting?
    Trainer name: Donny
    Switch friend code: SW-2164-3125-4438
    Pokémon Home friend code: ZVESWASXFWAJ

Torrent Gym Leader/Head Farmer Array Deneves's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie boy View Post
    Any words of wisdom or advice for somone on the verge of quitting?
    Don't ask me I usually give up after 100. On a positive note I finally got my yellow Barboach last night. Add that to a shiny Carvanha, Corphish, Goldeen, Luvdisc & couple Red Lobsters over the past two weeks. The Claunchers are the only ones I synched, but I did get lucky with a Jolly Carvanha. Still looking for that deep blue Horsea. I'm not that good at fishing, but I'm determined. Sooner or later I'm bound to catch one just by luck.

PokéCulturalist Array toys4life's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    So Caden's first Kalos Shiny came tonight, Shiny Teddiursa, which my last shiny was Teddiursa, both from Shadow's Safari.

So um, Toys4Life, your son has a very generous safari zone haha.
    WOW! Awesome I will have to tell him!

Bred my first Shiny Shroomish after only 30 eggs using the masuda method...It caught me off guard!!!

Hoping to do a farming event with my little shroomish's soon
    [= [__] =] T4L - 1461 4016 4678
    [+ [__]·:·] POKERUS - 0560 2072 3088