Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalos Shinies

Pokemon Trainer Student Array TheMonsterAtlas's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Here I have been breeding hundreds of Magikarp and my first shiny was from a wonder trade :'(

Torrent Gym Leader/Head Farmer Array Deneves's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Spent some time chaining yesterday & all I could come up with is a shiny Pancham. I think the Black & White ones look better, Maybe they should have inverted the colors and made the Black parts white and vice versa.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deneves View Post

Spent some time chaining yesterday & all I could come up with is a shiny Pancham. I think the Black & White ones look better, Maybe they should have inverted the colors and made the Black parts white and vice versa.
    Getting sick of all your shiny Pokémon haha. Congrats.

Pangoro is a little better atleast.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Darkrai13's Avatar
    Credits

Kudos to you! I spent 3 hours chaining this little guy, but to no avail. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to chaining this gen. :/

Credits
    Blog Entries

One thing I have noticed is the edges are now good, but the next shake while you are on the edge is not good. You have to reset the pokeradar every time you hit a shaking spot on the edge.
    I really dislike not having a counter and the patches are smaller than the past gen so you often can't all the shaking spots or not sure if you see them because of the extra decoy shake.
    It really threw me off seeing the sparkle and the shake in the tall grass. I circled around twice thinking that one spot was sparkling and the adjoining spot shaking.

PokéCulturalist Array toys4life's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    So Caden's first Kalos Shiny came tonight, Shiny Teddiursa, which my last shiny was Teddiursa, both from Shadow's Safari.

So um, Toys4Life, your son has a very generous safari zone haha.
    I would have to agree with you, I came across a Shiny Chansey in his farm a couple weeks back.

So far I have hatched a shiny Shroomish (31/X/X/X/X/31) and have come across a
    Chansey (31/31/X/X/X/31)
    Phanpy (31/X/X/X/31/X)
    and just this morning I finally found the shiny Ditto (31/X/X/31/X/31) I have been searching for in your sons safari!!!

I think I have come across all of my Shinies in the safari after midnight...not sure if that has anything to do with it or if it's just coincidence... I think it was around 2am when I found my baby blue puddle of goo.
    [= [__] =] T4L - 1461 4016 4678
    [+ [__]·:·] POKERUS - 0560 2072 3088

Credits

I found a shiny Espurr in Friend Safari. That's the only one so far in over 210 hours of gameplay XD I've hatched more perfect IVed pokemon than shinies I've seen.
    Name: Chihaya
    Y FC: 3566-2420-9020

Credits
    Blog Entries

I tried in earnest for the first time to farm a shiny from Friend Safari with success. It took over an hour of running from constant encounters, but I got my first shiny Riolu in Gwen's friend safari. I went in with an adamant synchronizer as it would serve well for any of the pokes there, but it didn't work. I don't care, I still am very happy with my new shiny. From what I have read from other players 1-1 1/2 hours is typical for farming shinies in Friend Safari.

Note: It has been confirmed that the shiny values overall have doubled in this generation from 8/65536 (1/8192) to 16/65536 or 1/4096, half the odds of previous generations. This effects the Masuda Method also. In Generation 5 the odds were 6/8192 (~1/1366). So the odds should be 6/4096 (~ 1/683).

In gen 5, a Shiny charm raises the odds (by 2/8192) from 1/8192 to 3/8192 of finding a random shiny and raised the Masuda Method to 8/8192 (1/1024). In gen 6, the odds drop to 3/4096 (1/1365.3). I've heard various reports regarding whether it stacks with the Masuda Method or not. While some reports say it does not, the empirical data I have seen leads me to believe that it does. I can't personally say since pokebank won't let me complete my pokedex.
    Last edited by Deneves; 01-22-2014 at 07:26 AM.

Not So Cute Array predictions of doom's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Congrats on the shiny - glad someone got some use out of my safari!
    I've taken a break on trying to Masuda - spent a few weeks at it, and then got Harvest Moon.
    Back!

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Slimjim367's Avatar
    Credits

Do you guys hunt shinies for collecting or for market value?

i.e are you looking for any/to trade any?
    3DS Friend Code: 0662-2766-6216
    IGN: Jamie
    My safari type is Fighting and the pokemon are: Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue

White 2 FC: 2151 7122 0017
    I have game in every generation; if anyone wants anything female in one of Kurt's Apricorn Balls from Soul Silver to breed - Let me know!