Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 3DS Friend Codes and Friend Safari

PokéCulturalist Array toys4life's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    As far as I know changing the 3DS to Australia would not change the region that the 3DS is, plus Australia is not a foreign region to the USA. The regions are ENG, FRE, GER, ITA, JPN, KOR, and SPA.

Also to change the games region means you have to restart the entire game, but since the game I have is an ENG region game, I can just change the language at the start of the game.

That is why I am so tempted to buy the Japan exclusive Orange and Black 3DS LL. I could then friend Jalen's 3DS to it and farm Ditto on a Japanese 3DS LL with a Japanese copy of X/Y and then trade to my American 3DS and X and MM to my heart's content.

Now to find to make more friends in Japan.
    GOOD GREIF!

...Dear Santa Instead of my Red Rider BB Gun I would instead like a Japanese 3ds LL and...
    [= [__] =] T4L - 1461 4016 4678
    [+ [__]·:·] POKERUS - 0560 2072 3088

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by toys4life View Post
    GOOD GREIF!

...Dear Santa Instead of my Red Rider BB Gun I would instead like a Japanese 3ds LL and...
    The orange and black and the teal and black 3DS LL look sweet, looks for a picture to plant.

PokéCulturalist Array toys4life's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Personally if I was going to get a Japanese 3DS LL I would hunt one of these down...
    [= [__] =] T4L - 1461 4016 4678
    [+ [__]·:·] POKERUS - 0560 2072 3088

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Darkrai13's Avatar
    Credits

I want one sooo bad, but the cheapest one I found is nearing $600... :/

Torrent Gym Leader/Head Farmer Array Deneves's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    As far as I know changing the 3DS to Australia would not change the region that the 3DS is, plus Australia is not a foreign region to the USA. The regions are ENG, FRE, GER, ITA, JPN, KOR, and SPA.

Also to change the games region means you have to restart the entire game, but since the game I have is an ENG region game, I can just change the language at the start of the game.
    I'm currently playing the game in Spanish and my daughter is playing it in Italian and our pokes are coming out with the SPA & ITA icons on them when traded to my English game. Not sure if the Masuda Method has changed in this generation, but I'm hoping it goes by language & not 3DS region. I'm on gym #8 so hopefully I will finish this weekend & acquire some Spanish Dittoes on Karissa's 3DS. She is currently distracted with the new Assassin's Creed game so I don't hold out much hope in seeing any Italian ones soon.
    I have heard that changing location on the 3DS when starting the game, will generate Vivillons from that region. I may try that with my next game.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deneves View Post
    I'm currently playing the game in Spanish and my daughter is playing it in Italian and our pokes are coming out with the SPA & ITA icons on them when traded to my English game. Not sure if the Masuda Method has changed in this generation, but I'm hoping it goes by language & not 3DS region. I'm on gym #8 so hopefully I will finish this weekend & acquire some Spanish Dittoes on Karissa's 3DS. She is currently distracted with the new Assassin's Creed game so I don't hold out much hope in seeing any Italian ones soon.
    I have heard that changing location on the 3DS when starting the game, will generate Vivillons from that region. I may try that with my next game.
    Just changing the game language? Jalen is not that far into the game, but I could see buying a side copy just to have in a foreign language just for this purpose if it worked.

Torrent Gym Leader/Head Farmer Array Deneves's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Not sure if the Masuda method will work or not, but I could change a parent after each round and breed in an alternate language game to keep the Masuda method going while improving my parents IVs.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deneves View Post
    Not sure if the Masuda method will work or not, but I could change a parent after each round and breed in an alternate language game to keep the Masuda method going while improving my parents IVs.
    From what I have read, so far it has not been proven to work or not to work for Masuda Method. One of those things with Shiny Pokémon that if you hatch a 1,000 eggs and no shiny, but then switch Dittos and hatch 20 and get a shiny, was it really the Ditto or the luck of the draw?

GameFreaks would have to answer that and my meeting keeps getting pushed back haha. I was looking around their website, but there is no contact info for questions like that. Game related questions are directed to Nintendo who direct them to Pokémon who direct them to GameFreak who direct them to Nintendo.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Those teal and orange DSs are amazing O.O I heard about $10 off deal on the games and alllllmost bought a second copy the other day, but figured I could not do anything with a second game that I cannot already do. These second language things have me very tempted, however.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Beat the Elite Four tonight. My third Safari Pokemon is Gastrodon...just like Camembert, from my first farming event and one of my favorite team members from when I battled competitively in Gen. IV! :')