Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PGL: Season 1

Credits
    Blog Entries

Default PGL: Season 1

I believe the first stage of the Pokémon Global Link challenges was back in September, but Season 1 has been announced that it would be newly discovered Pokémon from the Kalos region and singles format.

Anyone going to get back into battling? I think getting all the items is going to be the pain for me.

Just to set everything up for this season if anyone is interested and maybe we can practice here with actual live wi-fi or Pokémon Showdown if they get the stats and moves added in soon.

Current Special Battle Rules
    Single Battles
    Only newly discovered Pokémon from the Kalos region can participate. For details, see the section below.
    Place 3–6 Lv. 1–100 Pokémon in your Battle Box, or have them in your party in order to battle.
    All Pokémon will automatically become Lv. 50 for the duration of the battle.

Pokémon
    All Pokémon will automatically become Lv. 50 during battles.
    A player's team may not contain two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number.
    Only Pokémon obtained through normal play or received at an official Pokémon event or promotion may enter.
    Pokémon may use only moves learned through one of these methods:
    1) By Leveling up
    2) By TM or HM
    3) As an Egg Move, through breeding
    4) From a character in the game
    5) Already known by a Pokémon received at an official Pokémon event or promotion

Items
    Each Pokémon on a player’s team may use held items, though no two Pokémon may hold the same item during battle.
    All items must have been acquired in Pokémon X or Pokémon Y, through the Pokémon Global Link, or at an official Pokémon event or promotion.

Pokémon that Can Participate:

Chespin Quilladin Chesnaught Fennekin Braixen Delphox
    Froakie Frogadier Greninja Bunnelby Diggersby Fletchling
    Fletchinder Talonflame Scatterbug Spewpa Vivillon Litleo
    Pyroar Flabébé Floette Florges Skiddo Gogoat
    Pancham Pangoro Furfrou Espurr Meowstic Honedge
    Doublade Aegislash Spritzee Aromatisse Swirlix Slurpuff
    Inkay Malamar Binacle Barbaracle Skrelp Dragalge
    Clauncher Clawitzer Helioptile Heliolisk Tyrunt Tyrantrum
    Amaura Aurorus Sylveon Hawlucha Dedenné Carbink
    Goomy Sliggoo Goodra Klefki Phantump Trevenant
    Pumpkaboo Gourgeist Bergmite Avalugg Noibat Noivern

The rules that you may see missing, Sleep Clause, Evasion Clause, and OHKO Clause. In ratings battles there is no only one Pokémon allowed to be asleep. You can put your opponent's entire team to sleep if you wish. Although don't expect to make a lot of friends this way.

In the 2 tournaments I did this year, I only had one opponent put all my Pokémon to sleep. I did not have any use Double Team or Minimize.

So if anyone is up for this, we can start playing around here and get in shape for the coming challenges.

Credits
    Blog Entries

I beat the E4 and Champion, I am now ready to start collecting BP and breeding.

I know Egg Moves are not known yet, but anyone breeding, training, and battling yet?

Credits
    Blog Entries

OK I can see battling is a popular attraction right now.

I keep reading on Smogon that the EVs are different at level 50 they are at level 100, but from messing around with an IV calculator, I don't notice a change though.

Like an example, Aerodactyl, Jolly 6x31 IVs 4 HP 252 ATK 252 SPD

156 / 157 / 85 / 72 / 95 / 200

Now with 0 EVs

155 / 125 / 85 / 72 / 95 / 165

Which if we look at the SPD there is 35pts difference. 252/4 and that is like 7.2 EVs to make 1 stat increase, odd number, but making it an even 7 is 245 EVs and you max out at 199 SPD.

Does anyone know of a formula for level 50 stats?

I would think the same holds true as level 100, load up and go.

Pokemon League Judge Array HMTKSteve's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

If you max out EVs at level 50 will your Pokemon have the same stats in regular play as it does In a level 50 WiFi battle?

Pokemon Trainer Student Array platinum's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by HMTKSteve View Post
    If you max out EVs at level 50 will your Pokemon have the same stats in regular play as it does In a level 50 WiFi battle?
    Yes. What reason would they have for changing the stats?

Thanks so much Vasden2!
    White FC: 5071-8056-6941
    White2 FC: 4041-4660-3856
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-6481-9101
    Friend Safari: Bug- Ledyba/Volbeat/Venemoth

Pokemon League Judge Array HMTKSteve's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Based on what Buzz wrote I thought it might have been changed.

Credits
    Blog Entries

I cannot figure out the exact formula. I know with LC, the ending Base Stat number, like the 5 in 85 will be like 76 / 156 / 236 EVs and that is the only 3 stat points it could gain.

It seems at even level 50 you can max out your stats with 252 EVs, but it still does not follow the 4 EVs for 1 stat point, it is something like 4, 12, 20, 28, and so on. Which I believe strangely is 4 and then 8 + 8 + 8, I think.

Credits
    Blog Entries

I cannot figure out a team to use. Looking at other forums, nobody is talking about the PGL season of just Kalos Pokémon.

I know it seems that Aegislash and Talonflame are clearly the OU frontrunners. Which I believe Aegislash may end up being a gimmick, Swords Dance, then Shadow Sneak.

I think the biggest thing I dislike with this is the 3vs3 thing. If everyone is Talonflame and Aegislash, 2/3rds of every team will be identical and boring.

Which I believe if you do an open battle you can still do 6vs6, however I don't think I will ever get to wi-fi battle like I use to.

I don't want to battle on Showdown. I want to battle with Pokémon I bred. With tactics I designed, not what Smogon says is best. Against players that after we battle will talk about what worked, what didn't, mistakes, surprises, and actually say good battle no matter if they win or lose. Players who won't disconnect in the middle of a battle because they are losing.

I miss the good sportsmanship this forum built and yes I am spoiled by it.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Darkrai13's Avatar
    Credits

I made a team on the fly and I'm going to breed and test it when I can. I think the biggest thing is to attempt to counter Aegislash... Other than that, the amount of Pokemon that can be used kind of eliminates any sort of cookie cutter "perfect" teams as people have to go out of their comfort zone to use different Pokemon. This competition should be interesting to say the least!

Credits
    Blog Entries

I am looking for the PGL Kalos only season for Pokés that fill a niche or role. Like Meowstic is the only Fake Out user. Tyrantrum and Carbink are the only Stealth Rock users, which Stealth Rock is kind of wasted in a 3vs3, but would be an awesome deterrent to Talonflame. No Kalos Pokémon learns Knock Off, so items are safe. Hawlucha is the only Baton Passer, which he can only pass Attack and/or Accuracy, either Hone Clones or Swords Dance. Hawlucha can have the Egg Move Agility, but not Baton Pass and Agility at the same time, I think.

I can't believe that 6vs6 battles were that much of a hassle that we needed to speed battles up and make them 3vs3 because we don't have the time to battle, but we have the time to do a best of 3 in the TCG tournaments.