Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: A stroll through Kalos

Credits
    Blog Entries

I read somewhere that breeding in Luxury Balls has the offsprings starting at a higher Like rating then normal, but I wonder how that effects traded Pokémon?

Torrent Gym Leader/Head Farmer Array Deneves's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    I read somewhere that breeding in Luxury Balls has the offsprings starting at a higher Like rating then normal, but I wonder how that effects traded Pokémon?
    I'm pretty sure the steps you take while hatching the poke count towards friendship. I noticed that the friendship evolutions pokes evolved much faster from the ones I hatched compared to ones that I traded to different games.
    Traded pokes always go back to there base happiness level no matter what ball they are in.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array
    Credits
    Blog Entries

I read a few different things on the Luxury balls so was not even sure how much of a benefit they would be for breeding. One site said it increased happiness only upon capture, while another said it doubled all happiness points when received, so it would still be beneficial after trading. Does anyone know for sure?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Krispy View Post
    I read a few different things on the Luxury balls so was not even sure how much of a benefit they would be for breeding. One site said it increased happiness only upon capture, while another said it doubled all happiness points when received, so it would still be beneficial after trading. Does anyone know for sure?

From what I am reading, it increases the rate the friendship grows, not the level the friendship starts at, so just being in a Luxury Ball is a benefit regardless if you are the breeder or adoptive parent.

From what I am reading.

Torrent Gym Leader/Head Farmer Array Deneves's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Krispy View Post

Luxury Balls boost happiness one extra point for each level up & for walking with it in your party, but I'm not sure if its 128 or 256 steps in this generation.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Okay cool, thanks guys!

Credits
    Blog Entries

Unlike other forums who will remain nameless, but when I was trying to find help on Smogon and Serebii and could not, I am going to offer it here.

I have completed the Kalos PokéDex, minus Zapdos, but he is not needed for the Oval Charm.

This is just the Kalos, Central, Coastal, and Mountain PokéDex.

Central Kalos PokéDex is 150 Pokémon
    Coastal Kalos PokéDex is 150 Pokémon plus Articuno #151, Zapdos #152, and Moltres #153
    Mountain Kalos PokéDex is 147 Pokémon plus Xerneas #148, Yveltel #149, Zygarde #150, and Mewtwo #151

Credits
    Blog Entries

So Luxury Ball is going to be the normal ball for almost everything now? I can only see that for Pokémon needing it to evolve or use Return.

I know when Bank comes out I have a mess of Dream World females just waiting to pass those DreamBalls off to their babies.

Also I am wondering, all that resetting I did in D/P/Pt/HG/SS/B/W to get MasterBalls, I may use them up on select mothers as well and since once they hit X/Y they will be able to pass their egg moves on, I will be able to have babies in MasterBalls and get to keep egg moves.

Yeah still upset all my resetting, trading, battling, and working for items is going for nothing now.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Darkrai13's Avatar
    Credits

Dream balls... Didn't even think of that! Although, it may not work as cherish balls are confirmed to not pass down :/

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai13 View Post
    Dream balls... Didn't even think of that! Although, it may not work as cherish balls are confirmed to not pass down :/
    Cherish Balls have also been about 99% Male Pokémon or Legends. I know the Master Ball has been confirmed as not passing, but it is 50/50 on Cherish Ball yet. I still haven't got my Torchic yet, maybe I can grind some time for a female and see if it is possible and 100% confirm it for myself.

I have read 8 sites now and it is still open, no proof on either side as of images.

Edit: Sorry the only way anyone could know about Cherish Balls is by the Japan Event for Inkay, this is the only Event to offer a Pokémon that could be female and the only Pokémon that could possibly pass on it's Cherish Ball.

I have seen on 5 websites it is possible to pass it, it even list the Cherish Ball in the example of this new breeding mechanic, and 3 websites that say it is not possible.

So unless I can get my hands on a PCTB Inkay, I cannot say for 100% if it is true or not.
    Last edited by BugCatcher6; 11-29-2013 at 01:56 PM.