Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A stroll through Kalos

Credits
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb A stroll through Kalos

So with Pokémon X and Pokémon Y nearing their worldwide release, I thought maybe a set thread, or a sticky thread if an ADMIN or Mod thinks it worthy, to track the voyage around the region.

I figured with other sites we would have spoilers and the entire game info in a day or so.

I would like to keep track town, city, route, forest, or whatever you find on your journey. I figured we could list things as we go, but with players like my son skulldawg, they run through and beat the game. I take my time and find things. I don't know the location names yet, I don't know if we will be on route 1 or route 33 to start.

I am going to mark the next 2 post to give us room to document our journey, as a community. Oh just Deneves and me chatting, lets see how many members we have by then.

Edit:
    I am going to change most of this original post after info starts coming in. Please when posting use the spoiler tags to hide info in case some are not to your point of the game and want to find out for on their own. I am going to start some info in this thread, as I don't know full details, I am just going to post starting info and add to it as we learn.

Starter Selection:

#001 Chespin - Level ?? -> #002 Quilladin - Level ?? -> #003 ???

#001 Chespin
    Type:
    Classification: Spiny Nut Pokémon
    Height: 0.4m
    Weight: 9.0kg
    Ability: ??
    X & Y Level Up Moves

#002 Quilladin
    Type:
    Classification: Spiny Armour Pokémon
    Height: 0.7m
    Weight: 29kg
    Ability: Overgrow
    X & Y Level Up Moves

#003 ???
    Type: ???
    Classification: ???
    Height: ???
    Weight: ???
    Ability: ???
    X & Y Level Up Moves

#004 Fennekin - Level ?? -> #005 Braixen - Level ?? -> #006 ???

#004 Fennekin
    Type:
    Classification: Fox Pokémon
    Height: 0.4m
    Weight: 9.4kg
    X & Y Level Up Moves

#005 Braixen
    Type:

Classification: Fox Pokémon
    Height: 1.0m
    Weight: 14.5kg
    Ability: Blaze
    X & Y Level Up Moves

#006 ???
    X & Y Level Up Moves

#007 Froakie - Level 16 -> #008 Frogadier - Level?? -> #009 ???

#007 Froakie
    Type:
    Classification: Bubble Frog Pokémon
    Height: 0.3m
    Weight: 7.0kg
    X & Y Level Up Moves

#008 Frogadier
    Type:
    Classification: Bubble Frog Pokémon
    Height: 0.6m
    Weight: 10.9kg
    Ability: Torrent
    X & Y Level Up Moves

#009 ???
    X & Y Level Up Moves

Pokémon Y

Scatterbug
    Fletchling
    Bunnelby
    Weedle
    Pidgey
    Zigzagoon

Scatterbug
    Fletchling
    Bunnelby
    Weedle
    Kakuna
    Caterpie
    Pikachu
    Panpour
    Pansage
    Pansear

First new move I found, Panpour, Pansage, and Pansear,
    Play Nice - Normal - 20 PP - --Power - -- Accuracy - The user and the target become friends, and the target loses its will to fight. This lowers the target's Attack stat.

Fletchling
    Bunnelby
    Pidgey
    Pikachu
    Azurill
    Bidoof
    Burmy

Info to come.
    Last edited by BugCatcher6; 10-13-2013 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Updates

Credits
    Blog Entries

Question

Saved for Future Growth #1

Credits
    Blog Entries

Question

Saved for Future growth #2.

Credits
    Blog Entries

So far what I know is, the starters will be Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie. Now every generation I have went with the Grass starter and Caden (skulldawg) has selected a Fire starter. I wanted to go with Froakie this generation and break my cycle, but something about the Chespin line has me wanting to stay in the Grass column.

Anyone else know who they will pick as their starter?

Torrent Gym Leader/Head Farmer Array Deneves's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

I'm curious about what typing their final evolutions will take. I have to believe one will have a dual fairy typing.

Credits
    Blog Entries

I was thinking maybe, long shot, Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fairy. Or maybe Fire/Fairy since it has a stick wand thing in its tail.

She Will, She Will, Rock You Array Sorgatani's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

No-brainer it'll be Froakie for me; I even decided on a name.

Starter: Froakie
    Nickname: Reboot

Most likely my trainer name will be something like CupCake, but that's not set in code yet
    Credit for Michigan Toed image goes to thefuriousangel
    Credit for Jester Politoed image goes to N0t2f34r
    Sorgatani's Pokemon Collection

Credits
    Blog Entries

Rumor has it our froggy friend is Water/Fighting. Guessing Fire/Psychic because of the wand/witch resemblance that's been mentioned. As for Chespin's final evolution, the porcupine resemblances make me think either Poison or Ground, but what Dennis says regarding a likely Fairy dual-type makes sense to me, so I'm not totally set to those predictions.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array UnderFudge's Avatar
    Credits

There is a theory out there that suggests our starters are based off RPG classes. Which makes sense to me since the games are based off France which is in Europe which has castle from the Middle Ages. They say Chespin is based off a Paladin Class and they use the "in" sound from Chespin and "din" sound from Quilladin as proof. They also suggest that Quilladin's bulkiness is due to him wearing armour. The theory then goes onto believing that the final form of Chespin will be Ground/Steel and will be a bulky Pokémon. Fenniken will be based off the Mage Class mainly due to Braixen's stick/wand/thing. The theory goes on to say that Fenniken's last form will be Fire/Psychic or Fire/Fairy. Finally Froakie is based off the Rogue/Thief class due to his use of fighting moves and bounce (NINJA SKILLS!). The theory believes that he'll be a better Water/Fighting type then Poliwrath.

Next Event: Sea Side Shellos

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UnderFudge View Post
    There is a theory out there that suggests our starters are based off RPG classes. Which makes sense to me since the games are based off France which is in Europe which has castle from the Middle Ages. They say Chespin is based off a Paladin Class and they use the "in" sound from Chespin and "din" sound from Quilladin as proof. They also suggest that Quilladin's bulkiness is due to him wearing armour. The theory then goes onto believing that the final form of Chespin will be Ground/Steel and will be a bulky Pokémon. Fenniken will be based off the Mage Class mainly due to Braixen's stick/wand/thing. The theory goes on to say that Fenniken's last form will be Fire/Psychic or Fire/Fairy. Finally Froakie is based off the Rogue/Thief class due to his use of fighting moves and bounce (NINJA SKILLS!). The theory believes that he'll be a better Water/Fighting type then Poliwrath.
    Makes sense, since most Paladins are a white knight, cleric fighting type, I don't see him being a defensive type at all. Although his bulk suggest that, he could fall into Knight class, which is a beginning form towards most Paladins, so I talked myself into a circle, but I don't see him losing the Grass typing, so please no more Grass/Ground types, although a bulky Grass/Steel has been done also.

I see the magic in Fenniken, most likely if Quilladin goes Grass/Steel, would be a counter against Fire/Fairy if I remember the new typing right.

Froakie, the name has sounded familiar from the start with me, and then Frogadier just boomed in my head as hearing it somewhere. Not quite Cavalier, but somewhere in my Final Fantasy, old school, days I heard this. So yes a fighter glass, maybe quick like a thief/rogue. But Water/Fight would then counter a Grass/Steel.

Good catch on the rpg theme. Oh, oh, chevaličre meaning the wife of a knight or later a female knight, started in France.