Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What YOU want from X and Y!

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Darkrai13's Avatar
    Credits

Default What YOU want from X and Y!

I've been thinking a lot recently about the highly anticipated upcoming games and can't help but fantasize about what Gamefreak could do to make these games better than their predecessors. I would also like to see some things make a return as I missed them dearly in Gen 5. Here's what I want to see happen:

-Berry planting! - I don't want to have to log into dream world to grow a couple Kelpsy Berries.

-Ribbons making a return - Ribbons were always a neat part of the older games and when I realized that you couldn't get any ribbons in BW a little piece of me died haha.

-Customizable clothing - This is already a major possibility, but I just really don't want to look the kid in the trailer.

-Wii U App/Game replacing Global Link - I've said this before and I'll say it again, I don't really enjoy Global Link; the idea of and account based service is great but I feel like the Pokemon games need a little more than an internet browser to provide an enjoyable experience.

-Some sort of Poke-food - Seriously, what happened to pokeblocks and poffins in gen 5? I just want my feebas to be beautiful!

-Contests can make a return - Just make them more entertaining and rewarding than musicals. Possibly have a gym-like structure where there's a harder contest in each town and there's some sort of huge event at the end.

-Game corner, come back! - The fact that HG/SS had the extremely time consuming Voltorb-Flip irritated me, I was even more irritated though when the game corner was gone all together in Black and White.

-A Pokemon Box-like application on something: I recently got my hands on a copy of Pokemon Box for the Gamecube and I have to say, while it is simple and lacking in features, it's genius. Any person can hook up a GBA and deposit pokemon by the boxful into this game, and if you want to start over in say, Emerald, but don't want to lose your Pokemon you can just deposit everything, start over, withdraw everything again once you beat the Elite 4. I would like to see something like this on the 3DS Eshop, plug in your game, launch the app, access your in game boxes through the app. A Wii U version could work too I suppose.

That's all I can think of right now... what do you guys want from the next generation of Pokemon?

She Will, She Will, Rock You Array Sorgatani's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

I will agree about external pokemon storage.

Customizable clothing would be nice too.

I would also like a return of auto-levelled wifi battles.
    Credit for Michigan Toed image goes to thefuriousangel
    Credit for Jester Politoed image goes to N0t2f34r
    Sorgatani's Pokemon Collection

Credits

One thing I really want changed that occurred in the fifth generation games is the hand-holding they did in Black/White and Black 2/White 2. Yeah, I know Pokemon is supposed to be targeted towards kids, but I never thought of kids being horribly dumb. I mean, the majority of the characters interacting with each other was just them explaining to you some basic principle, or the fact that in the dark grass you can encounter two Pokemon at once, something that we learned back in Diamond and Pearl. I really want the ability to skip all of the lessons without killing my B button.

Character customization would be wonderful, but I've always viewed Gamefreak as an incredibly lazy game developer so I'm not even getting my hopes up.
    "For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men. This I have known ever since I stretched out my fingers to the abomination within that great gilded frame; stretched out my fingers and touched a cold and unyielding surface of polished glass" - H.P. Lovecraft's 'The Outsider'

Pokemon Trainer Student Array rj61's Avatar
    Credits

As Sorgatani stated previously.. AUTO-LEVELED WIFI BATTLES!! That would be so great to see that return.

Another thing that would be cool would be a good story and more intelligible dialogue from the NPC's. We don't need to be told from NPC's that the dark grass initiates double battles or plain nonsense!!

NPC's giving side quests (like the Farfetch'd scenario from HG/SS) where you can be rewarded items or even pokemon!

Also one little item.. VS Seeker.
    3DS FC Brock: 0791 2277 3703

About to start breeding better Poke's getting ready for battling. Are you ready?

Credits

Auto level wifi battles sure would be nice, as would the vs seeker, it made training so much easier!

As for customization, it seems like you can adjust skin tone and hair color so far (Corocoro leaked this today) Fingers crossed for even deeper customization!

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Ryan493's Avatar
    Credits

It looks like we'll be able to ride around the new region on that new goat pokemon, which sounds pretty cool to me. Customization for the trainers is pretty limited from the news given so far, but at least I can finally play as someone with blond hair for once!

Credits
    Blog Entries

Even limited customization will be an advancement from prior generations - sure, we've had male/female since Crystal (which had to be genderswapped every time it wanted to connect to other games), but that isn't quite the same.

Credits
    Blog Entries

I would actually like to see a side game for the 3DS like Dream Radar, but for breeding. More ability to check you IVs and even train EVs. Something like actual training and button mashing to earn EVs. Like button combos to hit a heavy bag to earn ATK EVs.

More storage on said game to allow for bigging breeding projects. Send a few Pokemon from your game to the side game and breed and train all you want. Want to gain levels, battle tower 1 vs 1 or something to earn EXP, your opponents gain levels by floor, your level will have to go up to beat them and move on.

That would make me happy. Take all the things people find boring in the main game and make a side game for people like me that enjoy the boring task.

Credits

Those are all really solid ideas, I'm getting sick of the usual IV checking methods! XD

Credits
    Blog Entries

Apparently there will be some changes of clothes available throughout the game, I'm interested to see how that plays out ^_^

I also agree with Buzz - more pokemon storage would be fantastic, and breeding/training side games would also be helpful.