Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fire Emblem Awakening

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Darkrai13's Avatar
    Credits

Default Fire Emblem Awakening

Anyone else get this game? If so, what do you think about it? I just got my copy Thursday and I've already sunk 40 hours into it. Needless to say I think it'spretty freaking amazing! (And I think I'm going to have to track down copies of the old games because this is my first fire emblem and I'm gonna want more when I'm done )

She Will, She Will, Rock You Array Sorgatani's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

I have heard good things about it, and the videos I've seen looked pretty impressive.
    My friend has it and is pretty enthralled.

Unfortunately it is not due out in Australia until May 20.

So perhaps when that time comes, you'll be able to give me a hint or two
    Credit for Michigan Toed image goes to thefuriousangel
    Credit for Jester Politoed image goes to N0t2f34r
    Sorgatani's Pokemon Collection

Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Sorgatani View Post
    I have heard good things about it, and the videos I've seen looked pretty impressive.
    My friend has it and is pretty enthralled.

Unfortunately it is not due out in Australia until May 20.

So perhaps when that time comes, you'll be able to give me a hint or two
    I thought the Australian release was April 20? Either way I'll never understand why games take so long to come out there :/ (I mean, they're already translated)

I'll definitely give you some hints though, I'm kind of a master at it, no big deal

Sent from my Xperia Play

She Will, She Will, Rock You Array Sorgatani's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai13 View Post
    I thought the Australian release was April 20? Either way I'll never understand why games take so long to come out there :/ (I mean, they're already translated)

I'll definitely give you some hints though, I'm kind of a master at it, no big deal

Sent from my Xperia Play
    Yes, it is April... don't know why I typed May.
    Maybe my brain combined the release dates for the new PMD (18 May) with Fire Emblem (20 April) and got both wrong >.<

At any rate, I'll be happy if I get to explore a lot. Most of my gaming fun is in finding more about the in-game world and its' inhabitants.
    Credit for Michigan Toed image goes to thefuriousangel
    Credit for Jester Politoed image goes to N0t2f34r
    Sorgatani's Pokemon Collection

Credits

I decided to get a 3DS for this game, (and for the new Pokemon). I bought my 3DS on eBay, and while it was shipping I decided to go out and get Fire emblem, so I could play it as soon as I got my 3DS, but none of the stores around me had it! And this was like a week and a half after the original release date. I did some research, and apparently there was some kind of shipping error which caused stores to get the game late. and then when they got their copies there weren't very many. I had to wait for two days after my 3DS arrived (which isn't an unreasonable amount of time) and then I was looking at a stores website and it said that they had limited copies available. there were no cars available at that moment so I decided to walk. After a few miles and a slight snow storm, I made it to the store and got the last copy they had.
    Besides my lengthy tale of how I acquired Fire Emblem Awakening, it is a great game. The graphics are really good, especially in the cut scenes. The Battle mechanics are great, and easy to learn. There are like a hundred different characters, all with their own personalities. And to top it all off, in my first playthrough, my character married a dragon lady and we had children that could turn into dragons. Awesome.
    I am me.
    My FC for White 2 is: 0304 8681 1660
    If you want to know more about me.... Well, you must be a stalker.

Credits

Haha, I encountered the exact same issue as you trying to find a copy! Looked everywhere, nothing, went online constantly, still nothing. And about five days later Best Buy had them available online for about 5 minutes and I managed to snag myself a copy. Took two weeks to come but the wait was worth it.

I just finished the story (fantastic ending ^_^) today but I'm not sure if I want to unlock everything (paralogues, characters,etc) or play on a harder difficulty...

Credits
    Blog Entries

I still have not found a copy in my area.

Credits

Still non existent here as well. I think Nintendo didn't make enough copies in order to push digital distribution.

Sent from my Xperia Play

Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai13 View Post
    ....I just finished the story (fantastic ending ^_^) today but I'm not sure if I want to unlock everything (paralogues, characters,etc) or play on a harder difficulty...
    I just finished it also, and I'm having the same problem. I played on classic mode and a few of my characters died and I couldn't see their stories, so I want to play it again, but it was already pretty hard on normal, and playing it over again on normal seems like a waste.

What I think I might do is play it again on casual so I can unlock all the paralogues easier and maybe experiment with different strategies and classes.
    I am me.
    My FC for White 2 is: 0304 8681 1660
    If you want to know more about me.... Well, you must be a stalker.

Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Large Antelope View Post
    I just finished it also, and I'm having the same problem. I played on classic mode and a few of my characters died and I couldn't see their stories, so I want to play it again, but it was already pretty hard on normal, and playing it over again on normal seems like a waste.

What I think I might do is play it again on casual so I can unlock all the paralogues easier and maybe experiment with different strategies and classes.
    None of my characters died on normal/classic (lots of grinding and resets haha). Playing it on hard/classic right now and the difficulty spike is ridiculous, it's much harder now! Casual just might be the way to go

Sent from my Xperia Play