Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 International Challenge March

Credits
    Blog Entries

Default 2013 International Challenge March

I completely forgot it was this weekend. So far I am 1-1.

So far both teams has had either Latios or Latias on it. Salamence has been on both opponents teams as well. First team was all Dragons, so my Ice move heavy team made short work of it.

The second team I faced had abnormally fast Pokémon. Latias was faster then my Salamence, which means Latias most likely was perfect in IV, EV, and Nature for speed. Although it was shown to come out of either a Heal Ball or a Dream Ball, seemed sketchy giving the chance of a Heal Ball to catch even a common Patrat.

My team was built in the Diamond/Pearl days. So far I have been using Salamence, Metagross, Lanturn, and Miltank, with Swampert and Blissey as alternates.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Finished for now. So far I am 4-4. I just lost to a team full of shiny Pokémon. Their shiny Metagross took an Outrage from my Salamence, an Earthquake from my Metagross, 2 Earthquakes from Miltank, and 2 Flamerthrowers from my Blissey, and was still at half damage. It was a beast.

PokeFarm Blogger Array pokemonpal7's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Oh, was that you? Sorry :/

Lol j/ks. So you're saying you've won 4, lost 4? That's not bad, good luck.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonpal7 View Post
    Oh, was that you? Sorry :/

Lol j/ks. So you're saying you've won 4, lost 4? That's not bad, good luck.

Yeah I am 4 wins 4 losses. What irks me the teams with a couple Legendary Pokémon are the ones I beat. I got my hind end handed to me by a Chandelure. Another Poké used Tailwind and Chandelure laid me out.

That Metagross on a team full of shiny Pokémon was also a beast.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Is it wrong that I am thinking these teams with shiny Pokémon might not be legit? A Shiny Latios and Scrafty in the last battle. A lot of shiny Legendary Pokémon and shiny Pokémon in general.

Torrent Gym Leader/Head Farmer Array Deneves's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    Is it wrong that I am thinking these teams with shiny Pokémon might not be legit? A Shiny Latios and Scrafty in the last battle. A lot of shiny Legendary Pokémon and shiny Pokémon in general.
    That is my opinion. It is very difficult to catch or breed shiny pokemon. To have them also be battle worthy is doubly rare. When you are talking about legendaries that have battle worthy IVs and natures and also be shiny, I have to believe they were created artificially.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deneves View Post
    That is my opinion. It is very difficult to catch or breed shiny pokemon. To have them also be battle worthy is doubly rare. When you are talking about legendaries that have battle worthy IVs and natures and also be shiny, I have to believe they were created artificially.

O.K. I just didn't want to think something was fishy because I was losing. Truthfully my team is doing better then I thought it would for my first time doing anything like this. My team does not have the coverage I thought, but then again it was built to be a 6vs6 team, back in Pearl hehe.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Found out a few things on Smogon.

1st the stars are from doing the PokéStar Studios. Once your Pokémon because a movie star, it will pop up during battle.

Also the reason for all the shiny, IV, and Nature Pokémon and Legends could be due to RNG abuse. Apparently there is a program that you can use that can figure out by a timer system the RNG IVs and if a Pokémon will be shiny. The RNG abuse can be used on even Event and Dream World Pokémon to get perfect IVs and Nature.

This is not cheating however. I was under the impression that any use of a 3rd party program, even a timer of some sort, would mean you are not taking the chances of normal game mechanics.

I am most likely the only one that feels that way though.

PokeFarm Blogger Array pokemonpal7's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

No, I've been to Serebii and it's what most people do. There's a small group against, but not much.

Credits

Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    Found out a few things on Smogon.

1st the stars are from doing the PokéStar Studios. Once your Pokémon because a movie star, it will pop up during battle.

Also the reason for all the shiny, IV, and Nature Pokémon and Legends could be due to RNG abuse. Apparently there is a program that you can use that can figure out by a timer system the RNG IVs and if a Pokémon will be shiny. The RNG abuse can be used on even Event and Dream World Pokémon to get perfect IVs and Nature.

This is not cheating however. I was under the impression that any use of a 3rd party program, even a timer of some sort, would mean you are not taking the chances of normal game mechanics.

I am most likely the only one that feels that way though.
    But doesn't this defeat the purpose of IV breeding for battle?
    Black 2 Friend Code: 5201 0637 0009
    Name: ABC

If you need help evolving Pokemon via trade, feel free to look for me, or drop me a PM