Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VGC and GBU

Credits
    Blog Entries

That is just the thing, when I battled I use to win a fair bit, but I never had a team with 6 OU Pokémon. The thing people seem to look at is solely what is the best according to everyone else.

I can almost bet if someone used a Mawile and had success, everyone would have a Mawile on their team. True these Pokés are up there because of typing, stats, and moves.

And as a former gym leader, you don't know how boring it was to see team after team of atleast 4 team members were the same on every team.

My main goal is to find a team I can enjoy and try to make work. Any time I ask for ideas, I am given the same 6 Pokémon to use. This is nice, but not what I am asking.

Are weather teams viable? I know Rain Dance + Swift Swim is used a lot, but rarely successful. I am not sure a Sunny Day team would be ideal, not much coverage, although you can toss in a Water type to counter on the team without a weather penalty.

Hail I also think would not have the coverage. So I am setting on Sandstorm. So I would think instead of a Hippowdon I would want a T-tar for Sand Stream.

PokeFarm Blogger Array pokemonpal7's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Well, since it's a 4/6 double battle thing, you could try dual-weather. Abomasnow and a Hail-abuser / T-Tar and a Sandstorm abuser could be your variables, and you could always have Reuniclus and another pokemon, as they work on both teams. That's just an idea I had earlier though, so don't put too much stock in it. I might go and test it out now though. It could put some people off as well.

Credits
    Blog Entries

I find it odd that every rate my VGC team thread has a Hitmontop on every team, but the actual usage stats for Hitmontop are low. Cresselia is on 36% of teams, that is really high.

Which I am sure it would be higher if you did not count people like me that try to be different or the ones that bring Heatran, Thundorus, Salamence, and Squirtle.