Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poké Academy: Project Date: 02/02/2013

Credits
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Poké Academy: Project Date: 02/02/2013

So with PokéFarm starting to get active again I have been thinking of ways to help keep people coming back.

So I asked for permission and it was granted to start a new project.

What I am going to do with the academy is build our very own PokéFarm style tiers, starting with the Little Cup/Baby Battle tier. I also asked permission to design a badge for supporters of this project.

What I am going to do is build a points system. For everything you participate in, you will gain points overtime and be awarded the Poké Academy/Little Cup/Baby Battle or something along that line supporter badge.

I figured as of now, it seems Little Cup or Baby battles seem to be the hot battles, since you only need level 1 or level 5 Pokés and you don't have to find friends with 6 IV bred, EV trained, level 75+ Pokémon to battle against.

I would like to start out using the Smogon tier, but toss out challenges to test banned Pokémon and eventually build an OU/BL/NU tier system into the LC/BB tier.

So what I am looking for now is members who want to sign up to participate. Your knowledge of breeding and battling does not need to be elite level. I figure this project can help teach battling, strategy, and so on.

I would need artist to help out, with badge ideas, tournament banners, and so on.

Writers would be welcomed, since I would also like to write guides for each little battler.

I understand people will still need to build teams, which I believe it will take some time to build the groundwork for this.

Also don't forget there are badges needed for the Seasonal Tournaments.

Participants:

1. BugCatcher6
    2. skulldawg
    3. Bobreeder
    4. pokemonpal7
    5. Joha5912

Issues to test as,

Battle Mechanics:
    • Item Clause - Item clause is currently off, does this cause an issue?

Pokémon:
    • Banned:
      • Vulpix - Vulpix is currently banned because of it's Drought ability. Is Drought too overpowering? It is kind of like the Drizzle and Swift Swim.

• Suspect:
      • Scraggy - In baby battles, level 1, Scraggy with Type combo, Drain Punch, and Moxie was very overpowering. Is this true in level 5 battles?
    Last edited by BugCatcher6; 02-05-2013 at 09:15 PM.

Credits
    Blog Entries

This looks like it's going to be very cool, and I want to sign up. I can help out with breeding, battling and writing guides.

PS: Does this mean we're using Smogon tiers across the board for now? Including OU/BL/UU/RU/NU tiers? The lack of official Gen V tiers probably prevents many from building high-level teams (I'm definitely there).

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bobreeder View Post
    This looks like it's going to be very cool, and I want to sign up. I can help out with breeding, battling and writing guides.

PS: Does this mean we're using Smogon tiers across the board for now? Including OU/BL/UU/RU/NU tiers? The lack of official Gen V tiers probably prevents many from building high-level teams (I'm definitely there).

There is a tier authority that makes the official tiers, but that was way back when. There was a Gen V tier submitted, however I don't think it was ever put into work.

I am focusing on Little Cup/Baby Battles right now, until we see how battling changes in Gen VI.

As far as the breeding goes, I would like each participant to breed their own, that way things are more true to a real battle on PokéFarm.

I am working on something right now to help out, still very rough though.

http://user.pa.net/~rcade/lcbs.htm

The table is sortable, very similar to Smogon's table.

PokeFarm Blogger Array pokemonpal7's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

I'll help with testing pokemon and I used to be pretty good at small shape spriting, so I'll give that a go.

Credits
    Blog Entries

4 people including my son.

I can't figure out why the forum fell so quiet and ones like Smogon thrive. I believe Smogon has mainly adults, and this site is more young to teens.

Although back in the day this site was always more of a talk forum then a do forum.

Credits
    Blog Entries

So I have been working on a system to keep track of stats. Which I am starting with a Smogon clone looking up base stats.

Right now I finished all allowable Gen I Pokés. I plan on going back in later and adding more dynamics with strategy guides, move pages, and more ways to study up on a Poké for a Little Cup or Baby Battle.

Which also I am going to add an option to check level 1 stats and level 5 stats.

Most of the level 1 stats would be if I remember right, HP 11-14, ATK 5-7, DEF 5-7, SP.ATK 5-7, SP.DEF 5-7, and SPD 5-7.

If you have a moment please pop in and see if everything is working. If you notice any spelling mistakes or a Pokémon missing, please let me know.

Each category should be sortable just like Smogon's pages.

The link for the sortable table is right here.

Credits
    Blog Entries

I would suggest Item Clause, which seems to be pretty much a site-wide thing here on PF. Eviolite everywhere isn't much fun, and it'll differentiate us from other sites.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bobreeder View Post
    I would suggest Item Clause, which seems to be pretty much a site-wide thing here on PF. Eviolite everywhere isn't much fun, and it'll differentiate us from other sites.
    That may need tested. I know Smogon does not have an Item Clause, because less items are useful in LC battles. Like Leftovers, not work the minor HP Regen from Leftovers.

Still a lot of work to be done. I am going to finish my thread with the rules and we can start getting things running.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Smogon doesn't have an item clause on any tier. There are still lots of viable item options (gems, berries etc.), and Eviolite is basically the Leftovers replacement in the tier (but it's also used on a ton of sweepers). It's going to make it a whole lot more interesting if there is more variety.

Credits
    Blog Entries

O.K. I want to get this project moving forward. I want to start the battling and stat finding out by Friday, March 1st 2013.

So first I would like to mention the rewards for helping with this project.

First off, anything you do within the project will earn points towards a badge. I am trying to find a badge design, but there will be a badge for Poké Academy Supporter, Tier Supporter, and Little Cup League.

I am working on a points system for these badges. So far more points will be given for actual event battles and guides wrote. Points will also be earned for discussion participation.

First thing to test in the Little Cup will be,

Rules
    Item Clause

Pokémon
    Vulpix
    Scraggy

So for this first round of battles, anyone using a Scraggy or Vulpix will get bonus points.

If anyone has any questions please ask.

I would like to keep track of all Pokémon used in battle. So from the people battling, I would like it if you keep track of the battle, like Pokémon used and how they worked or didn't.