Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: With the Gears Set in Motion

Credits

Maybe we could come up with something that is uniquely ours (like Smogon came up with the tier system)?
    Black 2 Friend Code: 5201 0637 0009
    Name: ABC

If you need help evolving Pokemon via trade, feel free to look for me, or drop me a PM

Credits
    Blog Entries

Pokémon in general does not have a tier system. We here at PokéFarm never gave much thought to Smogon's tier. Our gyms used all Pokémon except Legends, regardless if Smogon said they werw non-UBER.

We had one gym considered UU, but only the gym leader had to stick to Smogon's UU list.

It was a training gym. Which I did fairly well battling OU Pokémon.

Credits

I dun mean creating a tier system. I meant something original and unique, just like how Smogon created the tier system. But then again, we would need to reflect on what pokefarm was created for...
    Black 2 Friend Code: 5201 0637 0009
    Name: ABC

If you need help evolving Pokemon via trade, feel free to look for me, or drop me a PM

Credits

Man, I haven't been on PokeFarm in years. It's nice to see that it's still the same, except for a couple of things.

I've noticed the gyms are closed, and although it would be cool to open them, I agree with BugCatcher that opening them right away wouldn't be the correct way to go about it. It needs to be organized, just like it was back in the day.

Going back to the foundations on why PokeFarm was created, like newster said, is very important. This forum was very unique in how it handled the mainstream hacking and handling of things. Cool farming events was something many people looked forward to, and so long as the pokemon being bred remains unique (uncommon, but effective in battle combinations or IV's, Nature's and movesets), then activity in these forums, I believe, will breathe again.

Like BugCatcher said, a lot of the core members suddenly became inactive, or maybe the V Gen was just too much of a hassle to take on. I am guilty of that, I still haven't even attempted to play any game past Diamond/Pearl.

Just my 2 cents, and all these ideas aren't bad. Hopefully, it doesn't end here with just talking.

Also, Sorry for not being here. I've been very busy for the last few years. But I'll try to be around much more and help out in any way I can. I still have my Pearl game

Credits to Vis for the sig

PokeFarm Blogger Array pokemonpal7's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by newster View Post
    I dun mean creating a tier system. I meant something original and unique, just like how Smogon created the tier system. But then again, we would need to reflect on what pokefarm was created for...
    I got it. BABY TIERS.

Newborn, Toddler and Demon Child could the tiers, right?

Pokemon Trainer Student Array sasuke715's Avatar
    Credits

How about all the currently active members come together and we all create a tournament of some sort? If anyone has a shiny pokemon available, we can put those up for the winners. If no shinies are available, we can give them quality IV bred pokemon. Players would be willing to come with those incentives. Any idea is also fine with me

Credits
    Blog Entries

I just tried to give away Event Pokémon and had like 2 taken, not sure a tournament would draw attention with shiny.

I have tried tournaments with prizes being a new badge.

Bottom line there are just not enough people coming here. I believe the Little Cup tournament had 6 members sign up and my son was the only one to build a team.

X & Y new seems to bring the most people on, but our members ave grown up and grown tired of Pokémon.

Looks like I have to dust off my Smogon account and get made fun of for not cheating.

I really wanted to see the site comeback. I tried every idea I could think of, but truthfully the old active members are busy with life, and truthfully once I am cleared to go back to work I will most likely be very busy as well.

It is a shame, we tried. I am out of ideas though.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Fautor Animus's Avatar
    Credits

I too haven't been around in a while. I've been busy. I finished high school and am finishing up College at the moment. I would be into regenerating the league system for this site. A big aspect of the community when I was around to watch it develop was that people often built teams around their favorites. Pokemon that they had bred/trained. People came to be known for certain personalities and such and their playstyle reflected it. I would absolutely love to open a gym in the coming months. I think we need new gym leader types, focused around things like Double Battles, Rotation Battles, Single Battles. We could keep the type system in place, or develop something like a theme or concept. (That idea was being toyed with around the time I left.) Does anyone know the general traffic of the site? Someone should PM me with details and we can talk 'Biz'.
    New FC: 0603 2137 6020 - Look familiar? Yah, it's puffdaddy's, who is also my brother. I assure you, i will only be using my own pokemon.

Credits
    Blog Entries

I would love to run a gym again.

Sorry break was over at work.

I think truly if you look at how the forum was, we helped people. After a few years people have learned to help themself. A lot of the info back then that I seemed like a genius for knowing, I did web searches and I read everything I found. Yeah my secret is out. I think more of the members have figured out that asking someone to answer things for you, takes a lot longer to get a reply then just searching for it yourself.

So why come to a forum to ask a question and then wait? What else can we do? Hey let's hope a breeder does this, or maybe we can just do it ourself.

Yes to kids all that was great, for us adults it was great to help kids. Now the kids are becoming adults. And the newer kids, well I truly believe the new generation of Pokémon players, is not there in America.

Sure my generation got our kids into. The younger generation is now older, so unless they get their future kids into it, I don't see a younger generation getting into it.

My son has 1 friend in his class of 24 and 3, counting him, in the entire school of 150 students, my math may be off, that play Pokémon. And none of them play like I do or smogon does. I have asked Caden and none of the kids know what an IV, EV, or Egg Move is.

I am sad about this and wanted to start a league in my area.

Smogon has a tight group of battling members. We are a forum that helped kids, but the kids are not there anymore.

Caden much rather be playing DCUO or after this weekend, when I finally pick up his birthday gift, his copy of Injustice, has the bonus pre-order content.

Pokémon is not violent enough.

I would love to see a VGC style competition come to the site. I just don't think we have enough battling members.

Maybe advertise as a VGC and GBU practice league. Monthly tournaments with some prizes going to those that battle and earn enough points.

I have the Rowap Berry from the last GBU Challenge and there are some berries up for grabs in this next challenge.
    Last edited by BugCatcher6; 04-19-2013 at 12:39 AM.