Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: With the Gears Set in Motion

Credits
    Blog Entries

The academy is a larger time investment. It would still be there for the people interested in going in-depth and learning all about Pokemon, but anyone just wanting to improve their event a bit before posting would have this.

Credits

I find these ideas awesome and exciting!
    Could I find out when this peer review system would start? Cos I'm new here and want to try breeding (specifically Whismur)
    Black 2 Friend Code: 5201 0637 0009
    Name: ABC

If you need help evolving Pokemon via trade, feel free to look for me, or drop me a PM

Credits
    Blog Entries

Sadly I don't think too many of these ideas are going anywhere. The site was dormant for a good chunk of time. The forum surged for like a week or so with the announcement of X & Y.

I have tried a lot of ideas to draw attention and they have failed.

I have Spawn #4 open, but I have not updated it due to lack of interest. I spend a good chunk of time going over everything for Spawn, which seems like a waste when only like me and 2 other people are playing.

My son bred and trained a Little Cup team and I was in the process of doing the same, but then the interest for a Little Cup battle league just disappeared.

I would like to see more people before I get too excited into doing much. I could finish my team, but that still leaves just my son and I to battle. Others express interest, but have not built a team yet. Maybes don't built interest though.

I use to run the Academy, and I kind of just reclaimed it on my own when I came back.

I am more then happy to help anyone with anything they need. I am pretty good at finding answers if I don't have them.

My battling style is a bit outdated, but I want working on that. I also have some pretty good tricks for breeding. I try to keep the most up to date resources for all breeding and battling needs.

PokeFarm Blogger Array pokemonpal7's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

I've still got my LC team, but it seems there aren't many people to play.

Credits
    Blog Entries

The only person that was ready for the Poké Academy Trials was Caden. Everyone that expressed interest in the the LC battling when I start the project disappeared.

She Will, She Will, Rock You Array Sorgatani's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

I do peer reviews... pretty sure I'm not the only one.
    I can't volunteer other people though, and sometimes I am stuck for words when formulating responses.

I would offer feedback and constructive criticism, and advice on formatting if it were needed.

There is no thread on it yet, true. When there is one, I'll post in it.
    Credit for Michigan Toed image goes to thefuriousangel
    Credit for Jester Politoed image goes to N0t2f34r
    Sorgatani's Pokemon Collection

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sorgatani View Post
    I do peer reviews... pretty sure I'm not the only one.
    I can't volunteer other people though, and sometimes I am stuck for words when formulating responses.

I would offer feedback and constructive criticism, and advice on formatting if it were needed.

There is no thread on it yet, true. When there is one, I'll post in it.
    I still want to rewrite some of my guides, they are in need of a serious update.

Credits

Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    Sadly I don't think too many of these ideas are going anywhere. The site was dormant for a good chunk of time. The forum surged for like a week or so with the announcement of X & Y.

I have tried a lot of ideas to draw attention and they have failed.

I have Spawn #4 open, but I have not updated it due to lack of interest. I spend a good chunk of time going over everything for Spawn, which seems like a waste when only like me and 2 other people are playing.

My son bred and trained a Little Cup team and I was in the process of doing the same, but then the interest for a Little Cup battle league just disappeared.

I would like to see more people before I get too excited into doing much. I could finish my team, but that still leaves just my son and I to battle. Others express interest, but have not built a team yet. Maybes don't built interest though.

I use to run the Academy, and I kind of just reclaimed it on my own when I came back.

I am more then happy to help anyone with anything they need. I am pretty good at finding answers if I don't have them.

My battling style is a bit outdated, but I want working on that. I also have some pretty good tricks for breeding. I try to keep the most up to date resources for all breeding and battling needs.
    Could you enlighten me about spawns via PM? What are they exactly?

If you need help evolving Pokemon via trade, feel free to look for me, or drop me a PM

Credits

Some things to consider.
    Smogon is a forum that deals with pokemon battling. Pokefarm is a forum that focuses on breeding and legal battles.
    Smogon created a whole new metagame of tiers, and promoted this with its battle simulators. Pokefarm???
    Smogon has a chatroom.
    Pokefarm has a nice and welcoming community. Smogon has recently started to open up a little bit.
    Pokefarm distributes cool pokemon. Smogon...well, with battle simulators they really wouldn't need to give out pokemon?
    I feel that Smogon started of with a goal to promote a balanced style of battling, while providing a new level of challenge for players (so they could actually play with mediocre Pokemon instead of being forced to use Scizor or Heatran or Terrakion to win).
    What motive did Pokefarm start out with? Was it to let people battle and trade with authentic pokemon, safe and free from hacking? Or was it to giveaway awesome Pokemon? To raise awareness on IVs and EVs? Why did you guys start farming? I'm not sure because I'm new, and I do not want to be presumptuous. But I feel it's important to revisit the purpose of this forum--the reason why it was founded.
    I do not believe that this drought is because we have become irrelevant--I believe that many people out there also want a place where they can play fairly without the need to hack. But we have to consider our origins before we actually plan on revitalisation.
    Last edited by newster; 03-20-2013 at 10:23 AM.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by newster View Post
    Some things to consider.
    Smogon is a forum that deals with pokemon battling. Pokefarm is a forum that focuses on breeding and legal battles.
    Smogon created a whole new metagame of tiers, and promoted this with its battle simulators. Pokefarm???
    Smogon has a chatroom.
    Pokefarm has a nice and welcoming community. Smogon has recently started to open up a little bit.
    Pokefarm distributes cool pokemon. Smogon...well, with battle simulators they really wouldn't need to give out pokemon?
    I feel that Smogon started of with a goal to promote a balanced style of battling, while providing a new level of challenge for players (so they could actually play with mediocre Pokemon instead of being forced to use Scizor or Heatran or Terrakion to win).
    What motive did Pokefarm start out with? Was it to let people battle and trade with authentic pokemon, safe and free from hacking? Or was it to giveaway awesome Pokemon? To raise awareness on IVs and EVs? Why did you guys start farming? I'm not sure because I'm new, and I do not want to be presumptuous. But I feel it's important to revisit the purpose of this forum--the reason why it was founded.
    I do not believe that this drought is because we have become irrelevant--I believe that many people out there also want a place where they can play fairly without the need to hack. But we have to consider our origins before we actually plan on revitalisation.
    Actually I was not here for the start up of PokéFarm, but when I started there were 5 farmers, which ran the forum. It was then that people started using the forum to bred their own and trade them. I actually started the naming and theme ideas of farms. Well I say I started it, but there were others that farmed, but not like organized if that makes sense.

IVs and EVs were not very present at that time. The gyms were just opening up I believe. Which I got to be a gym leader based off of my IV and unique move set breeding. I had no clue how to battle, still don't.

Smogon does use the best possible Pokémon to battle, perfect Nature, IVs, moves, and EVs. That is why I tried to push for our own tiers here. Nothing ever went further then just talking about what you thought of the Pokémon and if it is OU or not. Not enough people wanted to test it. Smogon testing takes like 5 minutes to change your team, PokéFarm could take a week just to breed the suspect Pokémon.

I think really what happened to PokéFarm, the core members all at one time had a good bit of free time. The other members were ones that would come here and there and be active until they got info they needed or a item or a Poké they could use, and then disappear for awhile.

Now that the core members have not been able to spend the time they use to, those members that would just pop in and out cannot get what they need and slowly started looking elsewhere.

I know the way online battles are done with B/W/B2/W2 it killed our battling here. There are a lot of members who don't want to breed new teams and find it a pain to level Pokémon to a usable uniform level, which I believe is 65 for everything to evolve properly. Smogon does not have that problem when using a simulator.

Which it is kind of sad. I know some of the core members ended up sacrificing more then what members know.

I would love to see battling come back. That is why I tried getting Little Cup battles going, level 5 Pokémon, does not take too long to breed and train.

We could always go to the baby battles, level 1, no items, and see who has the best strategy.