Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bringing some life back to the farm

Pokemon Trainer Student Array TheNinjaPhoenix's Avatar
    Credits

True, but its what you pit against each other - a picture can say 1000 words, after all. So they say.
    This is a signature. Ha.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Yeah I meant the art contest for February could be create a sprite. For March write how you met your starter. All covered under art and not like 10 contest going on at once.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array TheNinjaPhoenix's Avatar
    Credits

Yeah - that does seem like a good idea - and we'd have lots of variation. I mean, I'm starting to sprite again, so...

Should be good.
    This is a signature. Ha.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array TheMonsterAtlas's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

On another note, maybe having two contests during the month, literature and graphical. I don't think it would be fair for a bi-monthly contest for each art form. Some people aren't good with Graphical Art and if they lose out one month it seems a little disheartening to wait over a month to try again. But giving time between each content isn't a problem either.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gunshin View Post
    On another note, maybe having two contests during the month, literature and graphical. I don't think it would be fair for a bi-monthly contest for each art form. Some people aren't good with Graphical Art and if they lose out one month it seems a little disheartening to wait over a month to try again. But giving time between each content isn't a problem either.
    That could work also.

Ideally you would want to encourage people to try. I mean I myself don't consider me to be any kind of artist. I do like to play around and have been in art contest on her before.

Actually my newest tattoo I drew the rough draft and then a few friends drew some ideas, but my rough draft of those ideas were cleaned up and now inked on my arm he-he.

Mad as a Hatter Array
    Credits
    Blog Entries

I know that I haven't been active because it was so frustrating that nobody would ever work with me to actually do trades or battles. I know that I was part of a tourney and scheduling was a real silver bullet. I tried to make myself available but it never seemed to mesh up. I enjoyed doing farm events and such, but I felt like I was putting in more effort than was realistic. I know that wasn't a problem when the website had more consistent activity.

I like the idea for a writing based game. I'd be willing to help with that; I can even put up some of my chained shinies from Gen. IV as prizes. I think that doing one type of game or another every month would be a lot of fun and it wouldn't be too much to maintain or organize.

I think that having active farms is a good thing, but in Gen. V there are some things that prevented me from doing events. The lack of having specific IV's is chief among them. I also don't like trading in that generation and I have a harder time managing Pokemon because the PC boxes are all the storage that there is. I like Gen. IV more because I can check IV's and I have my ranch to store pokemon on. Hopefully we'll get more to work with on VI, but we'll just have to wait and see what features the game has.

I think that it would be nice if we can get more activity and noise around here. I also think that the release of new games will help. Hopefully this place will come back to life.
    ~~Lovely Strife~~
    Even a strife can be lovely....
    So touch my tears with your lips, touch my world with your finger tips ~~ Queen
    Currently Catching: Over 300 pink blobs adopted to loving homes!
    Current Event:
    Next Project:
    Wanna read my diary?

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyStrife View Post
    I know that I haven't been active because it was so frustrating that nobody would ever work with me to actually do trades or battles. I know that I was part of a tourney and scheduling was a real silver bullet. I tried to make myself available but it never seemed to mesh up. I enjoyed doing farm events and such, but I felt like I was putting in more effort than was realistic. I know that wasn't a problem when the website had more consistent activity.

I like the idea for a writing based game. I'd be willing to help with that; I can even put up some of my chained shinies from Gen. IV as prizes. I think that doing one type of game or another every month would be a lot of fun and it wouldn't be too much to maintain or organize.

I think that having active farms is a good thing, but in Gen. V there are some things that prevented me from doing events. The lack of having specific IV's is chief among them. I also don't like trading in that generation and I have a harder time managing Pokemon because the PC boxes are all the storage that there is. I like Gen. IV more because I can check IV's and I have my ranch to store pokemon on. Hopefully we'll get more to work with on VI, but we'll just have to wait and see what features the game has.

I think that it would be nice if we can get more activity and noise around here. I also think that the release of new games will help. Hopefully this place will come back to life.
    Nothing wrong with some Gen IV farm events. They would be considered retro now.

Trading always seemed to be the task with farm events. You could put in days of breeding and give away 5 Pokés and be holding 10 more for a month.

And I don't remember exactly if I started the entire IV breeding farm events, but I know I helped ramp it up he-he.

Some people have been collectors and don't care about the bells and whistles, as long as they have a Pokémon bred by a specific farmer, with a unique name, and fluid move-set.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array UnderFudge's Avatar
    Credits

Oh my Arceus! 9 People are on at the same time as we! Many if not all of them old members!!!

Next Event: Sea Side Shellos

She Will, She Will, Rock You Array Sorgatani's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

MY event will feature micle berries.

People can like the moveset or the ability allllll they wish, but micle berries sell for $30k a pop. Can't go wrong with blatant bribery
    Credit for Michigan Toed image goes to thefuriousangel
    Credit for Jester Politoed image goes to N0t2f34r
    Sorgatani's Pokemon Collection

Credits

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyStrife View Post

What I ended up doing, which proved to be needlessly tedious was acquiring 99 rare candies. So back to the old rare candying method for checking full IV spreads for me. Remember you can still lock in IVs(I forget whether you can influence more than one) by attaching a parent with the appropriate power item.

Pearl:3138 8955 2379
    Platinum: 2236 9523 8918
    Diamond: 1549 7576 0375
    Silver: 5329 3177 5102
    White:
    Black: 4384 4378 6673
    Banner courtesy of BlondinieNZ
    Come adopt a champion bred pokemon.
    Now breeding: Bagon