Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: {:NEWS:} Pokemon X and Pokemon Y - Released World Wide October 2013

Pokemon Trainer Student Array TheMonsterAtlas's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Default {:NEWS:} Pokemon X and Pokemon Y - Released World Wide October 2013

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y: The first 3D Adventure!

I know for myself at least I've been looking forward to a new Pokemon game for the handheld systems. I didn't really like Black and White and actually gave away my Nintendo DS to Vott before I even got past the 3rd gym. Then pokemon Black 2 and White 2 came out and honestly I couldn't care less. Now there is a new game which is set to release worldwide in October called Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. These two games feature a bundle of new pokemon for a new adventure. The game is developed by GameFreak and is being published by Nintendo for the Nintendo 3DS. This is exciting because the Nintendo Direct which was hosted today showed a trailer of the game. It looks completely amazing so far, though the characters might look a little wonky at first, the battles look out of this world! I'm extremely happy about this release so take a look for yourself!

Don't those pokemon battle models look amazing!? This is the first 3D Pokemon game for a handheld in a long time and this is the first Pokemon RPG in the Gamefreak series to be 3D. You can notice a couple of interesting mechanics like the spider web, which is probably a feature in one of the gyms, so there's possibly a new Bug Type Gym Leader. Right now there isn't a lot of information about the game but we know about the three starters.

These are the three starters, Chespin, Froakie and Fennekin. These three new pokemon are extremely adorable and not to mention they are in 3D! Hopefully later on we will get confirmed images of more pokemon as well as the evolutions of those three pokemon! There are some new pokemon shown in the trailer as well as the two Legendary Pokemon that are the center of the story for these two games. I'm sure if you play the trailer over a couple of times you will pick out something new each time!

She Will, She Will, Rock You Array Sorgatani's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

The 3d animation reminded me of DQ9.

My first reaction was that Fennekin looked cute, and that was trumped by "Yay! Froggy starter!"

What I am most enthusiastic about is the international release. We in Aus have gotten the short end of the stick with localizations in the past, and he actually said Australia in the announcement.
    Credit for Michigan Toed image goes to thefuriousangel
    Credit for Jester Politoed image goes to N0t2f34r
    Sorgatani's Pokemon Collection

PokeFarm Blogger Array pokemonpal7's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Dang it. Now I have to get a 3DS. It'll be late 2014 before I can play these

Lol, no, I got to say these games look AMAZING! Fennekin is definitely the starter for me, (Mozilla will be its name!) and the new battle graphics look awesome! It's going to be pretty weird playing like that though. I hope it still feels like Pokémon.

But I have to laugh at COMING WORLDWIDE OCTOBER 2013 - excluding some countries. It's not worldwide then, is it?

Credits
    Blog Entries

lol I am totally choosing Chespin, He looks super adorable and I bet his evolutions are going to be looking pretty boss. But then again look how Oshawott turned out X3

Pokemon League Judge Array HMTKSteve's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

This might just get me back into Pokemon!

My daughter and I picked B/W2 when it came out. She played for perhaps 30 minutes and I got as far as the desert before stopping.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HMTKSteve View Post
    This might just get me back into Pokemon!

My daughter and I picked B/W2 when it came out. She played for perhaps 30 minutes and I got as far as the desert before stopping.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    I know exactly how you feel, I did the exact same thing with B/W, Since then I have been on a Pokemon Hiatus but this is the perfect opportunity to get back into the game!

Pokemon Trainer Student Array UnderFudge's Avatar
    Credits

Hey everyone!

Pokémon X and Y upset me for now since I was expecting a Ruby/Sapphire remake. Besides that, the games look awesome, the graphics are great and it's set in France (Australia deserves to become a region). I normally pick the Grass Starters in my runs since I like them more then the rest ('cept Chickorita) but Chespin isn't growing on me. I do love the Fire Fox and think it needs to have some hair pulled out of it's ears. All I can say is that Snivy came out a Generation too early since he would fit perfectly with this new French Region.

Next Event: Sea Side Shellos

Credits
    Blog Entries

To be completely honest, I was hoping for a Ruby and Sapphire remake too! But we also need a Red/Blue/Green DS remake too since GBA slots are being taken out of the DSes. I was expecting the remake as well, but I think this is WAYYYY better than a remake! XD

I know what you mean about Chespin, I mean at first I was like "Dude, he's my favorite!" but then he started to look goofier each time I saw him and honestly that's what I think is so awesome about him. He's not level-headed the way Treecko looks but he looks extremely adorable in a goofy way! I like all of the starters, though Froakie is my least favorite right now, I will probably playthrough the games 3 times with each starter to check it out! Plus, who knows what their evolutions look like :O

Credits

Would have LOVED a R/S remake, but these look good enough for me to get over it.
    I'm not a huge fan of the starters; Fennekin is the only one that I like, though their final forms may change this, obviously.

Gunshin, Steve, any reason why you stopped?
    B/W I felt were solid games, although I didn't pick up 2.
    Looks like I'm not getting the "cold" version (Ruby, Diamond, etc) for once; the Y mascot is just too awesome looking.

Although, I can see future games:

Pokémon Cos(x) and
    Pokémon Sec(x)

:P
    [4:50 PM] Bobbreeder: Well, Scizor dies to insertfirehere

Credits
    Blog Entries

I don't know, to be honest. One of the reasons was because it seemed like Wild Pokemon were no longer push-overs, and I had no idea what their type advantages or disadvantages were. I believe the first pokemon I had trouble with was Sawk. His Attack was SUPER high and for some reason my STAB moves weren't doing much damage so he swept my entire team of 4 pokemon.

I really liked the game to be honest, it looked amazing and had a lot of content, but I just lost interest because there are just so many new pokemon every generation and I'm starting to lose track of them all. I remember when I was a kid I could recite Pokemon 1-151 and know their Pokedex Entry Number, then in Gen II I could still do that, Gen III I couldn't and so on. The game was good, I just grew out of Pokemon for a while. But now I don't have a DS, so I'm going to have to actually put up a lot of youtube content eventually in order to pay for my 3DS XD