Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SKYRIM! (May have spoilers from time to time)

Pokemon Trainer Array Pokemancer's Avatar
    Credits

Default SKYRIM! (May have spoilers from time to time)

Has arrived and been out for 11 days now after its release on 11-11-11!

Anyone else in the Farm playing this besides me and my family (me, wife and son)?
    We are REALLY loving this game! Lotsa improvements over Oblivion (preceding Elder Scrolls game) and not a lot of issues with the changes made (unlike going from Fable 2 to Fable 3 - we had a lotta issues w/the changes there).

Our family game has an Imperial female character named Vydia splitting fairly equally between magic progression and physical, with primary focus on one-handed weapons, light armor and Destruction spells. We've already learned three Shouts, though we're only able to use one at the moment.

My personal character is a Khajiit male named Tjom Kjaat. He'll be pretty stealthy and spread magic over most schools. Looking forward to more game-time!

Share your own characters and thoughts and such about the game!
    Look! I've got FANFICS:
    To Conquer Worlds: A Platinum Nuzlocke Challenge
    Umbral Lines - A Story of Unova

Also, take a look at: Those Who Know How Not To Be Seen: A group for lovers of Pokémon and Monty Python!

GO SPURS GO!!!

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Viperizer's Avatar
    Credits

The character i use mostly is a Breton and DarkElf My Breton just joined the winter hold college and my darkelf just join the dark brotherhood!
    "He Just lost it."
    "Who?"
    "The Man In Charge."

She Will, She Will, Rock You Array Sorgatani's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

My brothers have been getting a lot of enjoyment out of Skyrim, but I haven't tried it yet.

Apparently dragon battles every 15 or so minutes gets old after 3 or so.
    Credit for Michigan Toed image goes to thefuriousangel
    Credit for Jester Politoed image goes to N0t2f34r
    Sorgatani's Pokemon Collection

Credits

@Viperizer: Nice! Sounds like fun!

@Tani: We've played at least 40 hours and encountered a total of 5 Dragons (not including the one that kicks the game off). They must've been in a rutting-ground or something.
    Look! I've got FANFICS:

Also, take a look at: Those Who Know How Not To Be Seen: A group for lovers of Pokémon and Monty Python!

GO SPURS GO!!!

Credits

My boyfriend and I have been playing Skyrim. We got it at the midnight release. Pretty much been playing it since. Each of us has put in close to 60hrs and well I've just hit 32 and he is at 42. He also pushed through and beat the main quest and is leader of the brotherhood and thieves guilds. Me not so much. While he focused on fighting through the main quest mainly, I've done about ever side mission I've found almost and I'm not even half way through the main quest. It is really cool how different things turn up just between the two of us.

I have a high elf dual weapon character. Yeah, worst choice because high elves aren't meant for close up combat, but I loved the look and ran with it. I'm also working my ranks up the thieves guild and have killed off three followers by accident. X.x'
    ♪♫♪Greedlover06♪♫♪

Pokemon Trainer Student Array TheNinjaPhoenix's Avatar
    Credits

I don't have Skyrim yet personally, but I'm geting it for Christmas. I've played at a friend's house and set up a High Elf, but only really got to do the first mission... When I get it I'll probably race through it in no time!
    This is a signature. Ha.

Credits

Funny. High Elves make me wanna hurl - their arrogant attitudes and scrunched-up haughty elitist faces just make me wanna punch 'em all in the face. I've seriously considered a Dark Brotherhood character whose mission is to wipe out any member of the Altmer within the boundaries of Skyrim.
    Look! I've got FANFICS:

GO SPURS GO!!!

Pokemon League Judge Array HMTKSteve's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

I want to finish Oblivion before I delve into Skyrim. That and I'm thinking of waiting for the GOTY edition to hit on PC.

As much as I enjoy gaming on the console Bethesda RPGs tend to have a large mod community cranking out new content. A source of content that you can't port to a console.

Credits

I can understand that. I've just given up on keeping up with PC gaming. Too labor intensive and too costly to keep up. If I were solo, I'd probably still be doing both, but with the kids loving games as much as their parents, we all enjoy the consoles (and our DS'!) too much to go back to PCs.

I really enjoyed the Hex outta Oblivion - and Skyrim takes that game forward about ten more steps!

Our family character just hit Level 30 and we've only barely scratched the primary quests - mebbe about a quarter to a third of 'em? It's just soooo vast and open and diverse.
    Lovin' every minute of it. Particularly enjoying the Perks system, to be honest.
    Look! I've got FANFICS:

GO SPURS GO!!!

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemancer View Post
    Funny. High Elves make me wanna hurl. I've seriously considered a Dark Brotherhood character whose mission is to wipe out any member of the Altmer within the boundaries of Skyrim.
    Not if the meek one has something to say about that. [prepares for battle]
    From ashes we rise
    Fly we shall forever more
    Falling we shall not

Yay! I'm not the only one that highlights sigs for fun!
    ~~~Firemaster~~~